31MAY21 / 1630Z - Flash Flight: Papua, New Guinea @ WAAA

Join us for another official Flash Flight in the beautiful island nation of Indonesia. This flight takes us from west to east passing over some of the stunning island locations and arrives into truly stunning mountain terrain. This flight is over 3 hours long, so make sure you bring enough fuel! We suggest max fuel for this flight due to traffic.

Did you know that New Guinea is the second largest island in the world? Do you know what is the world’s biggest island? Let us know in the replies!

These events can lead to amazing photos, and the best shots from this event will be retweeted on Twitter and posted on Instagram!. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use the hashtag #infiniteflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Specifics

Origin Airport Destination Airport Suggested Aircraft Suggested Airline Flight Duration
WAAA WAJJ CRJX Garuda Indonesia 3h10m

WAAA AULIA TANTI WARNA IBAHI IMANU AQILA NABAT 435S/12224E HIPNO HOLBA AMN HANTA MITOS TMK ODIUM TISTO 312S/13926E JPA TOARE 241S/14040E WAJJ

Event Hours:

Begin - Monday 31st May @ 16:30Z ZULU

End - Monday 31st May @ 19:30 ZULU

May 31, 2021May 31, 2021

34 Likes

OH YES - CRJ TIME!!!

This is going to be fun! Count me in! Haven’t explored this area of the world for a while…

and in a beautiful SKYTEAM livery…muah

Also the world’s biggest island is the one and only…GREENLAND!

1 Like

16:30, just fixed it.

4 Likes

Can’t wait!

I’m going to spawn in around 1600Z to get ready and then will do what I did with the Congoan flash flight the other day - leave slightly early to not get caught in the conga line.

Nice Event Misha !!

🇵🇬 The Land Of the Unexpected
Papua New Guinea is NOT part of Indonesia
I lived in the Western Highlands 20km from the Indonesian border called Tabubil. From 1989-1995
I’m aboard this event for sure! Nice One @MishaCamp “Luk em You” 😉

1 Like

Sure isn’t, hence the comment between Papua and New Guinea!

4 Likes

Can you plan an event there sometime friend. Like. Port Moresby to Mount Hagen. Trust me it’s awesome flying in the mountains, good challenge ! lol 😝

2 Likes

Essentially the western part of the island of Guinea belongs to Indonesia, the eastern part is an independent country called “Papua New Guinea”.

1 Like

Yes. Beautiful Country

Indeed it is - even though it will be night time IRL, I’ll be flying in daytime to take in the breathtaking scenery :)

2 Likes

Oh no, I did not know that there is a flash flight today at Papua New Guinea

@Udeme_Ekpo Why oh no…it was only announced 40 minutes ago…

1 Like

Well, I am in Manila and I am about to St. Louis tonight at 10:00 PM 01JUN21 / 0200

1 Like

I love flying on CRJ. Too bad I can’t go on this flight :(

1 Like

Thanks misha for making FF in Indonesia… we love it!❤🇮🇩

2 Likes

Enjoy the beautiful scenery of Indonesia!

Awesome Event with CRJ Garuda Indonesia!

1 Like