30MAY20 / 1900Z - Stunning Saturdays! | Vol. 4 @ RJOO

Welcome to my Stunning Saturday event series! This series is intended to go around the world searching for the most Stunning locations! This series was made so we can All have fun and explore new stunning locations!
This series is intended to have a single route for each and every event!
I hope that you will have fun, and without further to do, I introduce you to our fourth stunning location… The beautiful

Mount Fuji 🗻 !

Mount Fuji, Japan 🇯🇵

Mount Fuji, located on the island of Honshū, is the highest mountain in Japan, standing 3,776.24 metres (12,389.2 ft). It is also the second-highest volcano located on an island in Asia after Mount Kerinci on the island of Sumatra, and seventh-highest peak of an island on Earth. Mount Fuji is an active stratovolcano that last erupted from 1707–1708. The mountain stands about 100 kilometres (62 mi) south-west of Tokyo, and can be seen from there on clear days. Mount Fuji’s exceptionally symmetrical cone, which is snow-capped for about 5 months a year, is commonly used as a cultural icon of Japan and it is frequently depicted in many arts and photographs, as well as visited by sightseers and climbers.

Fun Facts

1. It is three volcanoes in one

It might look like it’s just one giant mountain, but Mount Fuji is actually made up of three separate volcanoes: Komitake at the bottom, Kofuji in the middle and Fuji at the top, which is the youngest of the three.

2. Women were forbidden to climb it until 1868

As the mountain has sacred importance and climbing it has long been a religious practice, it was formally forbidden territory for women until the Meiji Restoration in 1868. The first western woman to reach the summit was Lady Fanny Parkes in 1869.

3. It is a sacred mountain

Mount Fuji has been a sacred site for followers of the Shinto religion since the 7th century, with Shintoists considering the peak sacred to the goddess Sengen-Sama, and many shrines can be found at the base and ascent. It is one of Japan’s three holy mountains, along with Mount Tate and Mount Haku.

4. It was first climbed by a monk

The first person to ascend Mount Fuji is believed to have been a monk in the year 663AD, although his name is unknown. Following this, the peak was climbed regularly by men with Sir Rutherford Alcok being the first known Westerner to reach the summit in 1860.

5. It is a symbol of Japan

Mount Fuji has long been one of Japan’s famous iconic symbols, contributing to the country’s cultural and spiritual geography. Over the years the peak has evolved from an object of worship to a source of artistic inspiration, having featured in poetry, literature and countless art prints.

6. It is an active volcano

While it may be a site of serene and sacred beauty, Mount Fuji is actually an active volcano which sits on a triple junction of tectonic activity, where the Amurian, Okhotsk and Philippine plates meet.

7. It last erupted in 1707

Despite being an active volcano, Mount Fuji hasn’t erupted since 1707, when it erupted for two weeks. This caused ash to fall on its neighbouring cities in Tokyo and formed a new crater and peak on its south-eastern side.

8. It is surrounded by five beautiful lakes

The base of Mount Fuji is surrounded by five stunning lakes which sit around 1,000 feet above sea level and offer spectacular views of the mountain. The lakes area has become a popular spot among tourists thanks to their unrivalled setting. Due to the geothermal activity in the area, there are hot springs to bathe in – perfect for easing those aches and pains after a long day’s climbing.

9. There are four trails to the top

It takes an average of around six hours to reach the summit of the mountain and there are four different trails which you can take to get you there. Ten rest stations await along each route, offering food, drink, and rest spots, and if you are a novice climber, it’s recommended you take the popular Yoshidaguchi Trail to the mountain top.

10. It is the most climbed mountain in the world

Being Japan’s most popular attraction, the mountain is visited by around 300,000 climbers every year and considering it can only be accessed for just over two months of the year, that’s a pretty impressive number.

Event Details

Server: Expert Server

Aircraft: Japan Airlines B772

Spawn time at RJOO: 2020-05-30T18:45:00Z
Takeoff time at RJOO: 2020-05-30T19:00:00Z

Approx. Flight time: ~ 0:53
Speed and Altitude: M0.84 @ FL350

Route: Osaka (RJOO) ✈︎ Tokyo Haneda (RJTT)

Notice to Air Men:

• This event is open to all IFC members.

• Attendees are asked to spawn in at least in 10-15 minutes before the scheduled departure time.

• Pilots are expected to conduct themselves professionally at all times

• All guests are asked to use the flight plans provided in the Event details section of this thread in order to ensure proper spacing and maximize realism.

• Prior to spawning in, please be sure to double-check your assigned gate

• We are not responsible about ghosts and violations.

• Maximum taxi speed on the ground is 20kts on straightaways, 12kts on turns.

• Contact @Mstical if you have any issues or doubts.

• Most importantly, have fun during the event and enjoy your flight!

Gates

RJOO Gates
Gate Attendee Callsign
Terminal 09 @PrestonThePilot JVA1
Terminal 10 @RoBroStar Japan air 429
Terminal 11 @cptlogue JVA8
Terminal 13 @PilotPatrick JVA2
Terminal 14
Terminal 15
Terminal 17
Terminal 18
Terminal 19
Terminal 20
Limited Gates because of aircraft size restrictions

Partnerships

Japan Virtual are partnering with this event!

Thanks for @PrestonThePilot for the tremendous help in getting this event organized and planned and for the partnership with JVA, amazing work guys!

To sign up, please leave your Gate, Call sign, and your favorite Emoji! 🇯🇴

See You There Folks!

6 Likes

The Flag was a problem with the System.

It’s all good now!

I’ll be there! Can I have a gate?

1 Like

Sure! I’ll need your callsign 😉 @PrestonThePilot

1 Like

JVA1 is my callsign for Japan Virtual, so I guess Japan Air 1

1 Like

You are signed up!

Thanks for signing up! @PrestonThePilot

May I join? My callsign will be Japan Air 429.

1 Like

Sure!

You’re signed up! Have fun! 😉 @RoBroStar

1 Like

I also have a question. Do we use our own flight plans or is there a specific one for all attendees to use?

1 Like

A specific flight plan for all attendees will be announced a couple of hours before the event. @RoBroStar

1 Like

Looks like a short fun flight, sign me up please!

I will take this one! My callsign will be JVA8

3 Likes

I will be there! JVA2 is my callsign, can I have a gate?

2 Likes

You’re signed up! @PilotPatrick @cptlogue

Thanks for signing up!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.