3 Ground and Tower Timelapses | IFATC

Hello Everyone!

I’m glad you’re here! Today I’ve released three new ground and tower IFATC timelapses. These will be my first few timelapses of the sort which were inspired by @Shane! I hope you enjoy.

These sessions were all from a few weeks ago, so I don’t remember much about who else was controlling with me, I’ll keep track in the future.

Controlling at OMAA
Controlling_OMAA

Session Details

This video features Ground and Tower controlling at OMAA or Abu Dhabi International Airport. This session was taken on the 30th of November this year. It was my first time controlling a major Class Bravo airport with IFATC. I had no approach controller for the first half of my session but then someone joined me, I can’t remember who… The session was a little over a hour long.

Both runway 31L and 31R were in use for both takeoff and landings. I tried to send most departures from the midfield terminal to 31R and all deps from the main terminals were sent to 31L. Since 31R didn’t have as many departures, I preferred 31R arrivals with 31L more dedicated to departures… That didn’t really work out.

Runways in use -
Departure: 31R & 31L
Arrivals: 31R & 31L
ATISs during session: A, B, C

Controlling at EHAM
Controlling_EHAM

Session Details

Welcome back to another IFATC Controlling timelapse. This video features Ground and Tower controlling at EHAM or Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport. This session was taken on the 6th of December this year. It was my second or third time controlling a major Class Bravo airport with IFATC. I had an approach controller for the first half of my session and then departure later, I can’t remember who… The session was a little over a hour long at 1:14hrs. Runway 09 was my main departure runway with most departures being sent to it. Some departures were sent to 18C if they requested it or they were on the left side of the field. Departures on the right side of the field or beyond runway 4/22 were sent to either 6 or 18L depending on request. Since 18C didn’t have as many departures, I preferred 18C arrivals as it was closer to the terminals and arrivals didn’t have to cross any runways. 06 was also in use for landings if aircraft came from the south or requested it. Runways in use - Departure: 06, 09, 18C, & 18L Arrivals: 06, 18R, & 18C ATISs during session: B, C, D

Controlling at PHNL
Controlling_PHNL

Session Details

Welcome back to another IFATC Controlling timelapse. This video features Ground and Tower controlling at PHNL or Honolulu International Airport (Daniel K. Inouye). This session was taken on the 7th of December this year. It was a pretty busy session, but it was a lot of fun. I had approach for most of the time, but I think there was a gap for a while while we switched controllers. I can’t remember who were approach. The session was a little over a hour and 15 long.

My original plan for this session was to have departures on 4R, 4L, and 8L. Some smaller aircraft from the main terminals would get 4L and cargo and GA traffic on the ramps across the 4s would get 4R. Larger traffic would go to 8L with all arriving traffic taking 8R, maybe just a few on 8L. What ended up happening was approach sending planes mostly on 4R and some on 8L which messed up my original plan. So, I started to send smaller traffic to 4R, then aborted that plan and made all departures go to 8L which made them start to clog at the end of 8L. So at the end I’m sending aircraft to 8L if they’re requesting it, or if they are at the left side of the main terminals. Departures on the right side of the main terminals are sent to 8R. Cargo and GA are sent to the 4s. Landing traffic was mainly 8L and 4R throughout the video. A few aircraft landed on 8R at the end.

Runways in use -
Departure: 8L, 8R, 4L, & 4R
Arrivals: 8L, 8R, & 4R
ATISs during session: L, M, N, O

Please answer the polls:

Which background for the timelapses do you like more?
  • Black Background
  • Airport Background

0 voters

Do you like seeing the messages scroll by on the left?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

I really hope you guys enjoyed or will enjoy! Thanks for looking and please leave feedback below.

11 Likes

No feedback, but I was amazed by the realism of Cargolux 7774 in the EHAM timelapse, who taxied for ages, just to be realistic. That’s a rare sight, even on the ES

2 Likes

Yeah, sometimes it’s hard to see people who actually use realistic procedures. Anyways, thanks for watching!

1 Like

Great timelapse and one of my favorite airports in the gulf area aswell.

2 Likes

I should add Amsterdam and Honolulu

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m glad you liked them

2 Likes

These are super cool!

2 Likes

Awesome! Loved the time lapses, it really make it look like IRL action.
But most of all its enjoyable to see many pilots on their best behaviour and it really make the movements on the ground very polished.
Thank you @Mr-plane-guy1 for sharing and can’t wait to see what else you have in store in the near future!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for watching and the kind words. I’m glad you enjoyed!

1 Like