29DEC21 / 1700Z - Flash Flight: Washington River Visual @ KDCA

Have you heard of the KDCA River Visual? If you’re an aviation enthusiast it’s likely you have, and for this Flash Flight we’ll be flying it (weather permitting)! The famous approach to runway 19 takes you on a wiggly approach following key markers along the river including numerous bridges. You turn final very late at just a few hundred feet, making this approach one of the most fun into a commercial airport there is!

Make sure to follow information found on charts to help you with the approach. You can find the procedure here.

IFATC will provide service where able, so remember to always be in contact with them if they are open. This includes centre and departure frequencies.

This event will be streamed live on YouTube. You can watch it below!

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #flashflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos! You can also follow us on Twitch and YouTube to watch all our live streams each week!

Event Specifics

Origin Airport Destination Airport Livery Aircraft Flight Duration Server
KCLT KDCA American A320 1:00 Expert Server

KCLT MUNBE LILIC KILNS DURST AUDII 3618N/7843W 3725N/7737W WAVES KSETT ELAPP BULII CAPSS DARIC KDCA

19 Likes

I think I can speak on behalf of all us DCA based community members when I say, I’m so excited to be seeing our renowned River Visual become an IF Flash Flight!

2 Likes

I just saw you land at the airport! See you later at the event!!😄

this is gonna be fun!! will defiantly be taking part ;) posting all pics on my instagram

Awesome! See you there 👋🏼

In all my time on IF I’ve never done the river visual. Can’t wait!

I’m so exited can’t wait

1 Like

Checkin AWC for the flight weather rn

While this is amazing, you all came at the wrong time of year, rw 1 has been in use for the last few weeks lmao 😭 I’ll probably be flying a departure, looks like fun

1 Like

Oskar Oskar foxtrot (oof)

Indeed but that is incredibly boring lol

1 Like

I’m landing on Rwy 19 I don’t care if I have a 30kt tailwind I’m doing river visual.

Just did it and there is no wind when you get onto the final approach!

2 Likes

Good to know. Let’s hope it stays that way

I’ll try to come. Maybe I’ll have to divert for time reasons, let’s see, I hope I can do it as planned

Hopefully ATC doesnt redirect to another runway for landing and helps us get into the visual

2 Likes

They won’t! ATC have been briefed.

3 Likes

We should be expecting alot of butter landings with the light winds

2 Likes

Livestream link below!

3 Likes