29AUG20 / 2000Z - Whacky Racing: CRJs and Volcanoes @ FGSL

Season 3 Continues

Season 3 of Whacky Racing continues with perhaps the most challenging event so far! We’ll be ramping up the frequency of these events after our 20.2 release as it will come with a small yet useful feature for these events, but let’s enjoy this one for now!

This event takes us to the west coast of Africa and includes 3 huge volcanic peaks. If that doesn’t sound enough, this week you not only have to race, but you need to land in a volcano during the course of the event!

You must follow the specifics of this event to be considered a winner. This means landing and stopping at the designated locations. These are marked by larger TFR circles. This week faster may not necessarily be better! (psa you need to go slow)

Event Plan

1. Spawn at FGSL
  2. Land IN the first volcano
  3. Fly low OVER the peak of the second
  4. Race AROUND the perimeter of the third
  5. Land at FKKD

Don’t forget to post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #whackyracing. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Details

Server: Casual
Aircraft: CRJs

Aircraft must follow the route set out by TFR gates. You must land and stop at FKKD to complete the event. Aircraft will be disqualified if they don’t follow the route, crash or do not use the correct aircraft.

Event Hours:

Begin - Saturday 29th August @ 20:00 ZULU

End - Saturday 29th August @ 22:00 ZULU

August 29, 2020August 29, 2020

NOTAMS:

Aircraft will be disqualified if rules are broken. This is a voluntary event with no prize for the winner [bar bragging, of course]

61 Likes

What the…

11 Likes

Here we go…

Let’s do this.

1 Like

This looks awesome!

1 Like

Yes, Yes, YES!!!

4 Likes

Oh no. I still have a little less then an hour left of my long haul…

2 Likes

Wait, did he say “land in the volcano” 😳 I’m out, I don’t stand a chance compared to these pro pilots.

4 Likes

I can barely land a CRJ correctly, I don’t think I can land one in a volcanoe. Mind if i come watch though?

2 Likes

I did! It’s a little easier than you think, but I’m expecting to see some interesting results nevertheless, especially as you have to turn around and then take off 😉

2 Likes

Come and join! It’s a Whacky Racing event so slight madness and crashing is allowed!

4 Likes

Ahh, I guess I’ll give it a try just don’t expect much from me 😂

Wait you said land in the volcano? 😱

I’m so in.

1 Like

Heading over there for an early look now…

1 Like

I too might scout it out

How you liking my stunts, Misha?

Landing in a Volcano

Interesting…

Simply beautiful

2 Likes

OOoohh a message on the live server! Getting the community prepared I see ;)

1 Like

I’ll be there! FOR SUREEEEE!