28Jan22 / 0600Z - Friday Night Flight: Atlantic Crossing

Welcome to this week’s FNF event! As the usual flights take to the Infinite Flight skies this week, we’d like to let you know of some changes coming to our events. In the coming weeks, our team is planning to take a more community-focused approach to our official events. More details will come very soon and we’re excited to breathe new life into our weekly schedule! In the meantime, please enjoy your regularly-scheduled Friday Night Flight!

All servers, all aircraft, and all liveries welcome!

Airport ICAO Airport Name Location
CYYZ Toronto Canada
KBOS Boston Logan USA
KJFK John F Kennedy USA
KIAD Washington Dulles USA
KCLT Charlotte Douglas USA
EGLL London Heathrow UK
EHAM Amsterdam Schiphol Netherlands
EKCH Copenhagen Denmark
LSZH Zurich Switzerland
EDDF Frankfurt Germany

NOTAM

Pattern work at ATC discretion. No local flying to hub airports from nearby airports. GA aircraft permitted at ATC discretion.

There will be no official Infinite Flight stream this week. Tune in to one of your favorite community creators!

Post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #fridaynightflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

74 Likes

Great to hear. Thanks for the FNF, Tyler. :)

7 Likes

My longest ATC session was at the last Atlantic Crossing FNF (6 hours at JFK), so I always love these FNFs. Thanks Tyler!

6 Likes

I am doing JFK-LHR-JFK

5 Likes

We’re really flooded with the big hubs in this FNF! Looking forward to flying across the pond

(Not my best work, sometimes ya gotta reach)

5 Likes

Sounds like major fun can’t wait!

2 Likes

Very excited for this one, looks like those oceanic tracks are going to be overflowing with aircraft. This may be one of the rare times we get center frequencies in Atlantic airspace.

1 Like

Everybody needs to remember to stay at the correct altitudes especially when it’s really crowded so odd altitudes when going east and even altitudes when going west

12 Likes

For sure, IFR altitudes tomorrow are going to be crucial

4 Likes

Really nice event !

2 Likes

Yes exactly!

1 Like

If you provide me STD and FLTPLN maybe I will Join you

1 Like

For the most part this is true, but you can still find planes going west at add odd altitudes and vice-versa. Check FR24

3 Likes

You’re right, but this is not common and these aircraft are usually doing this for spacing reasons, or following ATC instructions.

Actually, in North Atlantic Airspace, the semi-circular rule does not apply. Each NAT has a set of altitudes, odd and even, which can be used for that track. No other altitude is a valid altitude for that track. They can be found on a NAT track message, issued each say by Shanwick and Gander collaboratively. It can be found by a quick google search. Obviously, tracks only go in one direction at a time, so East/West rules are redundant.
For a random routing, i.e. one that doesn’t use a track, well IRL you would get it assigned in your oceanic clearance, so semi-circular rule is fine.

Yeah, not sure why people seem to think the semi-circular “rule” is a solid rule that must always be abided to. It’s good as a suggestion, yes, but not required by any means.

7 Likes

I’m doing Dulles to Frankfurt on Lufthansa’s 747-8!!
Who wants to join me tomorrow?

2 Likes

Sadly i can’t, sorry…

Oh KUSA? Just wanted to point out a typo

1 Like

Nice event FNF !

1 Like