26SEP20 / 1900Z - Reno Air Races @KRTS

Summary: The Reno Air Races, officially known as the National Championship Air Races, is a multi-day event tailored to the aviation community that takes place each September at the Reno Stead Airport a few miles north of Reno, Nevada. I thought it would be fun to hold our own. So come one, come all, and see if you have what it takes to be the fastest pilot!

Details Spawn in at KRTS before 1900z. Once spawned in, taxi to, and hold short of runway 32 until 1900z.Parking space is limited so please taxi away from your parking spot as quickly as possible. At 1900z you may takeoff and begin. (It will work a lot like a whacky racing.) Do two circuits of the flight plan and land. No speed limit, crashing into other planes allowed, the first plane to pass over runway 32’s threshold after the two laps wins!No prize except bragging rights of course.

Flight Plan: IYPUN GOMKE CIMVO HNGRY BETYA DMGDB KRTS

Airplanes allowed: Cessna 172, Cessna 208, SR22, P-38, Spitfire
Must be in one of the above planes to officially compete. All other planes will be disqualified from the competition.(But you can still come fly around! )

Server: Casual

Airport: Reno Stead Airport, KRTS

Time: 2020-09-26T19:00:00Z

9 Likes

Really cool! I went to Reno Air Races last year and it’s sad they canceled it this year. I’m definitely gonna be joining that!

1 Like

I will be there! That sounds like a lot of fun!

1 Like

Sounds like a ton of fun but I will be flying (godwilling) IRL that day,

Please sign me up. I can’t resist a race. My money is on the Spitfires!

1 Like

Would crossing the threshold at cruise speed and altitude be a proper finish?

Yeah they don’t land. They stay full steam ahead at a typical pattern altitude. So you would fly runway heading @ 1000 agl. First to cross over the front of the runway wins.

Hmmmm. Looks like I win by forfeit.
😁😁😁

You won anyway lol

I did get a little head start!

Thanks. That was fun!

1 Like

I’ll remember I even have an event next time😬😂

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.