26MAY21 / 2200Z - Whacky Racing: Old School into Funchal @ LPPS

Welcome back to Whacky Racing! We’re happy you’ve chosen this event to let your weirdness, impressive inverted flying abilities, and all-around goofiness. If you’re new here, this event series takes us into the funny side of flying on Infinite Flight, allowing you to fly races and aircraft that might not otherwise go together. In this series, we’ll use everything from the F14 to the DC-10F, the A350 to the XCub, and a whole lot more!

This event heads to the infamous Maderia island, known for its exciting captains only approach with turbulent winds. This event is a simple A to B race, and we’ll be doing it in the old school B717! As you take off from LPPS, fly an anticlockwise route around the island. From there, fly over the ocean at or below 250ft until reaching Madeira. From there, fly over the island following the TFR rings, then fly the clockwise circuit around the island to land at LPMA.

Event Plan

1. Spawn at LPPS or a nearby airport
  2. Fly around Porto Santo island
  3. Fly across the ocean to Maderia at or below 250ft foot
  4. Fly the route around Maderia
  5. Land at LPMA

Don’t forget to post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #whackyracing. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Details

Server: Casual
Aircraft: B717s

Aircraft must follow the route set out by TFR gates. You must land and stop at LPMA to complete the event. Aircraft will be disqualified if they do not follow the route, crash, or do not use the correct aircraft.

Event Hours:

Begin - Wednesday 26th May @ 22:00 ZULU

End - Wednesday 26th May @ 22:00 ZULU

May 26, 2021May 26, 2021

NOTAMS:

Aircraft will be disqualified if rules are broken. This is a voluntary event with no prize for the winner [bar bragging, of course]

28 Likes

Whacky Racing + Funchal - oh this is going to be interesting…

2 Likes

Indeed it is.

The thing is…the 717 goes at like M1.1 and is quite speedy, until you stall randomly

12 Likes

I mean cmon this is just asking for everyone to crash upon landing 😂🤣

1 Like

Hmmmm interesting.

Question of the Day: How many people will land safely?

Good question. 🤔🤔🤔

Also Misha why….just why…and in the 717 as well…🤣

Cue everyone accidentally crashing into the Atlantic Ocean.

This whacky racing is going to be whacky for sure.

For anyone curious, here is the routing:

3 Likes

me preparing to watch everyone Ryanair the landing

Nice event though

5 Likes

And we know it’s chaos when it’s casual server
When it’s not chaotic enough with the airport and 717
Probably the most epic group flight

1 Like

my numerous flights with the B717 for @DeltaVirtual abt to come in handy

1 Like

How Will you know who won?

We won’t… personally I think the satisfaction of comparing it is enough…

I never thought there would be an event in Portugal, I will not miss this :)

1 Like

I’m debating whether I should join.

It’s at 11pm for me, I have to get up at 6am for school (I know its ridiculous lol) but its my final week so we aren’t doing anything…

Me too. I’m still thinking whether to join or not…

2 Likes