263 Countries and Territories in 263 Days

12 January 2022

Palestine

Yasser Arafat International Airport (LVGZ/GZA)

🇵🇸

Lying in the same region as Israel, although not the same for complex reasons that I wish not to discuss, Palestine has previously been ruled by various groups such as the Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Roman and Egyptians. Considered to be one of the most beautiful places in the world, lying on the edge of the Mediterranean Sea and with comfortable climates year-round, the potential is great, yet when it comes down to the human race, time and time again have we disappointed none other than ourselves.

251 Country and Territories Controlled, 12 Uncontrolled, 12 days to go

4 Likes

Tag me on the weekend so I can join.

I don’t take special requests to tag anybody. You can keep an eye out on the threads to see when I’m open, however.

1 Like

Oh, I was just asking if you could tag me so that I could possibly join but whatever ya say.

1 Like

Also, good luck on the rest!

1 Like

13 January 2022

Cyprus

Paphos International Airport (LCPH/PFO)

🇨🇾

A major tourist destination in the Mediterranean, Cyprus is the third most populous island in the Mediterranean Sea, and is divided into two parts, with the north known as “Turkish Cyprus” and the south being known as “Greek Cyprus”. It is also the first country in the world, and one of two in the world to feature a map of its own country in the flag.

252 Country and Territories Controlled, 11 Uncontrolled, 11 days to go

4 Likes

14 January 2022

Kuwait

Ahmad al-Jaber Air Base (OKAJ/XIJ)

🇰🇼

Interestingly, as a result of how massive the country has grown economically, Kuwaitis are a minority in their own country, with expatriates comprising about 70% of the total population in the country. Large portions of them come from the Indian subcontinent, though there are significant populations of people from Iran, Philippines and Turkey too.

253 Country and Territories Controlled, 10 Uncontrolled, 10 days to go

2 Likes

15 January 2022

Jordan

Muwaffaq Salti Air Base (OMJS)

🇯🇴

Home to various well known architectures such as Petra, Qusayr 'Umrah and Al-Maghtas, among many others. It is also the home to a number of sacred religious sites, as it also lies on the border of Israel and Palestine.

254 Country and Territories Controlled, 9 Uncontrolled, 9 days to go

3 Likes

16 January 2022

Qatar

Al Khor Airport (OTBK)

🇶🇦

A small country that packs a big punch, Qatar is a country that perhaps most of the people here would know for their outstanding airline. Qatar Airways has consistently been one of the best airlines in the world, and given that it is one of the most obvious ways to market a country, Qatar has explored various other options. Now being the host to various top-level sporting events, such as the FIFA World Cup this year, as well as signing a 10-year contract to host Formula One races, many sports fans may want to be more familiar with seeing Qatar in the near future.

255 Country and Territories Controlled, 8 Uncontrolled, 8 days to go

5 Likes

Malaysia… hmmmmmm, why did you ignore it?

17 January 2022

Andorra

Andorra–La Seu d’Urgell Airport (LESU/LEU)

🇦🇩

Despite being located between Spain and France, countries historically known for their conflicts, Andorra has never been in a war for well over 1,000 years. It is also not a part of the EU, EFTA or the Eurozone, although it has a special relationship with the EU in which it follows the trade rules for industry, but not for agriculture.

256 Country and Territories Controlled, 7 Uncontrolled, 7 days to go

3 Likes

One week left to go! :)

18 January 2022

Vatican City

Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport (LIRF/FCO)

🇻🇦

Being the smallest country in the world, it’s only natural that it doesn’t have an airport. Not to mention, it’s a landlocked enclave of Italy, and specifically, the city of Rome. It’s small enough that it can be circled on foot in under an hour. That said, the country is not officially a part of the EU, however, has the ability to mint the Euro currency. In addition, its government does not impose taxation whatsoever.

257 Country and Territories Controlled, 6 Uncontrolled, 6 days to go

5 Likes

Final stretch!

2 Likes

The last leg of the journey! 😀

3 Likes

Keep it up, your almost there! Your dedication is unwavering!

3 Likes

19 January 2022

Akrotiri and Dhekelia

RAF Akrotiri (LCRA/AKT)

🇬🇧

Known officially as The Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia, this region on the island of Cyprus comprises two parts of the island, known as Akrotiri and Dhekelia, which are military bases for the British military. Interestingly, it is also the only piece of sovereign British land that officially uses the Euro as its currency.

258 Country and Territories Controlled, 5 Uncontrolled, 5 days to go

4 Likes

20 January 2022

United Arab Emirates

Ras Al Khaimah International Airport (OMRK/RKT)

🇦🇪

One of the most famous aviation countries in the world, the United Arab Emirates is home Emirates, an airline with the largest fleet of A380 and B777 in the world. Unbeknownst to me at the time, this would have been my final time posting in either one of 10 threads made available to me at the time, however, this has since forced me to make some amendments to the way these posts are made on this thread.

259 Country and Territories Controlled, 4 Uncontrolled, 4 days to go

3 Likes

21 January 2022

San Marino

Federico Fellini International Airport (lLIPR/RMI)

🇸🇲

One of three countries to be an absolute enclave of a country (the others being Lesotho and the Vatican City), it is also the second coutnry to be an absolute enclave of Italy. PEr capita, it is one of the wealthiest countries int he world, as well as being one of the smallest countries in the world.

260 Country and Territories Controlled, 3 Uncontrolled, 3 days to go

2 Likes

22 January 2022

Bouvet Island

Novolazarevskaya Station (AT17)

🇳🇴

Annexed by Norway exactly 92 days and 364 days ago at the point of controlling, Bouvet Island is an island in the South Atlantic Ocean that rises to a height of about 2,500 feet above mean sea level. It is also uninhabited, and allows scientists an opportunity to study historic ecological artifacts which may have been preserved on the island given the cold and unchanging conditions.

261 Country and Territories Controlled, 2 Uncontrolled, 2 days to go

4 Likes