263 Countries and Territories in 263 Days

You should go for Dubai next!

3 January 2022

Turkmenistan

Turkmenabat International Airport (UTAZ/CRZ)

🇹🇲

Oddly enough, despite plenty of attractions, Turkmenistan has one of the lowest numbers of visitors globally. With visitor figures under 9,000 in 2012, this is mainly due to difficulties in obtaining visa permits. Turkmenistan’s location also means that it’s a prime location along the Silk Road, with plenty of UNESCO World Heritage Sites along the path.

242 Country and Territories Controlled, 21 Uncontrolled, 21 days to go

4 Likes

4 January 2022

Tajikistan

Bokhtar International Airport (UTDT/KQT)

🇹🇯

Tajikistan is the smallest of the 5 Central Asian nations on this list, and while it may be small, it definitely packs a punch. Its elevation surpasses all other countries in the region, with multiple peaks at over 7,000 meters above sea level. It is also closely related to Iran, with its language, Tajik and Persian being closely related and mutually intelligible

243 Country and Territories Controlled, 20 Uncontrolled, 20 days to go

1 Like

5 January 2022

Yemen

Socotra Airport (OYSQ/SCT)

🇾🇪

A country with a fame for its Jewish Silversmiths, Yemen’s Silversmiths were famous globally for their ability to create intricate works of art with precious metals. Yemen’s capital, Sana’a, is also thought to be one of the oldest settlements around the world that is still inhabited to this day.

244 Country and Territories Controlled, 19 Uncontrolled, 19 days to go

2 Likes

6 January 2022

Svalbard

Svalbard Airport, Longyear (ENSB/LYR)

🇳🇴

Thought to be home to the “Doomsday Vault”, Svalbard is known for its seed bank at which Svalbard Global Seed Vault to provide security in the event there is a need to reintroduce plants as a result of natural disasters or mismanagement of crops. In 2020, the total seed sample stored at the vault exceeded 1,000,000 samples for the first time.

245 Country and Territories Controlled, 18 Uncontrolled, 18 days to go

3 Likes

7 January 2022

Luxembourg

Luxembourg Airport (ELLX/LUX)

🇱🇺

The second richest country in the world, only behind Qatar. It is also one of the smallest countries in the world, but has one of the largest car populations, with more than 600 cars per 1,000 inhabitants. Unsurprisingly, this is because more than half of the workforce travels between the two countries on their commute to work.

246 Country and Territories Controlled, 17 Uncontrolled, 17 days to go

3 Likes

8 January 2022

Liechtenstein

Bad Ragaz Airport (LSZE)

🇱🇮

The second least visited country in Europe, this small country of about 38,000, and is the only country in the world that has 100% of its territory in the Alpine region. Interestingly, while this country does not have an army of its own, it is on occasionally accidentally invaded by the Swiss army which conducts training exercises in the woods near the border with Liechtenstein.

247 Country and Territories Controlled, 16 Uncontrolled, 16 days to go

5 Likes

You absolute legend for controlling literally every country in the world!

1 Like

9 January 2022

Iraq

Al Najaf International Airport (ORNI/NJF)

🇮🇶

At the time of posting, Iraq Airways is the newest A220 operator, having just taken delivery of their first of five brand new A220. This Middle Eastern country is also home to some of the earliest systems of writing, with scripts including different wedge-shaped marks on clay tablets.

248 Country and Territories Controlled, 15 Uncontrolled, 15 days to go

4 Likes

10 January 2022

Oman

RAFO Musannah (OOMN)

🇴🇲

The oldest nation in the Arab region, the rule of Omani Al Said Family has been in place since 1744, and human presence in the region, even longer. Past records indicates that there may have been human presence for well over 100,000 years. As well as having a large coastline, Omanis are said to be the best shipbuilders in the world too.

249 Country and Territories Controlled, 14 Uncontrolled, 14 days to go

4 Likes

I see your pretty close, 2 more weeks remaining. How do you plan on to finish such as countries in which order. Good Luck!

Something, something, something, Malaysia. Confirmed

Just had to ruin it…

2 Likes

There you go, you are soon done with that. I remind the first post that I saw on this thread and now there is only 14 airports that are missing.

Congrats mate, keep doing ! 💪

11 January 2022

Israel

Sde Dov Airport (LLSD/SDV)

🇮🇱

Having more museums than any other country in the world per capita, Israel is keen on preserving its history. Alongside that, it is the only country in the world to have been able to revive a language that was commonly thought to have been dead, and make it a national language.

250 Country and Territories Controlled, 13 Uncontrolled, 13 days to go

2 Likes

12 January 2022

Palestine

Yasser Arafat International Airport (LVGZ/GZA)

🇵🇸

Lying in the same region as Israel, although not the same for complex reasons that I wish not to discuss, Palestine has previously been ruled by various groups such as the Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Roman and Egyptians. Considered to be one of the most beautiful places in the world, lying on the edge of the Mediterranean Sea and with comfortable climates year-round, the potential is great, yet when it comes down to the human race, time and time again have we disappointed none other than ourselves.

251 Country and Territories Controlled, 12 Uncontrolled, 12 days to go

4 Likes

Tag me on the weekend so I can join.

I don’t take special requests to tag anybody. You can keep an eye out on the threads to see when I’m open, however.

1 Like

Oh, I was just asking if you could tag me so that I could possibly join but whatever ya say.

1 Like

Also, good luck on the rest!

1 Like