24MAY21 / 1900Z - Whacky Racing: Full Throttle, 3 Times @ EGEO

Welcome back to Whacky Racing! We’re happy you’ve chosen this event to let your weirdness, impressive inverted flying abilities, and all-around goofiness. If you’re new here, this event series takes us into the funny side of flying on Infinite Flight, allowing you to fly races and aircraft that might not otherwise go together. In this series, we’ll use everything from the F14 to the DC-10F, the A350 to the XCub, and a whole lot more!

Season 4 takes a turn north, heading to EGEO in Scotland! We’ll fly a fast-paced route around the area, starting and finishing at the same airport. Most importantly, however, is that you need to fly this route three times to complete the race. If that sounds like fun, we’ll see you at 1900Z on the Casual Server, oh, and we’ll be racing in the powerful F22!

Event Plan

1. Spawn at EGEO or a nearby airport
  2. Fly the route 3 times
  3. Land back at EGEO

Don’t forget to post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #whackyracing. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Details

Server: Casual
Aircraft: F22s

Aircraft must follow the route set out by TFR gates three times. You must land and stop at EGEO to complete the event. Aircraft will be disqualified if they do not follow the route, crash, or do not use the correct aircraft.

Event Hours:

Begin - Monday 24th May @ 19:00 ZULU

End - Monday 24th May @ 21:00 ZULU

May 24, 2021May 24, 2021

NOTAMS:

Aircraft will be disqualified if rules are broken. This is a voluntary event with no prize for the winner [bar bragging, of course]

34 Likes

Ooooo nice Whacky Racing, I’ll be sure to join 😏

3 Likes

Looks good Misha - definitely joining! I’ll be spawning in around 1940Z given I have karate from 1900-1930Z.

1 Like

Sounds like fun!

4 Likes

Actually related to the event tho:
I might actually join for once :eyes: , it would be my first time joining this event

Same here. I’m really looking forward to it.

1 Like

I wish I could attend but I have to go to school.🙂

Just gave the race a try, it seems awfully familiar. Was Harry Potter 3 and 4 filmed in the valley near EGEO?

You know now I think about it it does seem familiar…

Looked it up - it seems that GlenCoe and the surrounding region, which includes the region we are flying through tonight was used for a lot of the landscape backdrops.

1 Like

I wish I could join but I have exams 😪

What’s the route?

Like this

6 Likes

F-22 time! 😍

1 Like

Thanks for putting this together! Really excited for this :)

Yay! Can’t wait!

1 Like

20 minutes to go!

Oh this is fun. Managed to do a rocket up to 120k and then dive back down. Also everyone is just spamming unicom lol

I may or may not have just crashed 🤣

Didn’t pack enough fuel (help)

First whacky racing and I’ll make sure this won’t be my last

Well, it was a hard fought battle between @AviatorDan and I for a bit there. But I just managed to pip Dan at the post

There where a few other good racers out there, it’s a shame the landings let a a few of you down.

3 Likes