24DEC21 / 0600Z - Friday Night Flight: Coast to Coast in Canada

We’re so close to the holidays it is almost touchable! This week’s Friday Night Flight theme stays with the A220, heading to Canada for the event. Forever popular with the community, the Canadian aviation scene has a flourishing A220 network with Air Canada, operating flights all around the country and into others including the USA. Our hub will be Toronto, with airports open at either side of the nation to allow for crossings of the huge land mass!

On the Expert Server, IFATC will open these airports from 0600Z on Friday to 0600Z on Saturday, and you can use any of our established routes during the event!

What feature of flying on an airliner that is now passed in law worldwide was first introduced by Air Canada in 1988?

• They required seatbelts to be worn
  • Cockpit doors had to be locked at all times
  • Required window shades to be up for takeoff and landing
  • Banned smoking on all flights

0 voters

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #fridaynightflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos! You can also follow us on Twitch and YouTube to watch all our live streams each week!

Event Specifics

Server: Any
Aircraft: Any
Livery: Air Canada

Airports
Airport ICAO Airport Name Location
CYYZ Toronto Canada HUB
CYLW Kelowna Canada
CYVR Vancouver Canada
CYOW Ottawa Canada
CYYC Calgary Canada
CYQB Quebec Canada
CYHZ Halifax Canada
CYYT St John’s Canada

NOTAMs Pattern work at ATC discretion. No local flying to hub airports from nearby airports. GA aircraft permitted at ATC discretion.

Featured Routes
CYHZ - CYYZ 2:00 Flight
Origin Airport Destination Airport Suggested Aircraft Suggested Airline Flight Duration
CYHZ CYYZ A223 Air Canada 2:00

CYHZ KELNO 4514N/6513W MOWND VIGDU CANME MLT MEKSO ANTUS VILRO SAVEX KANUR TUKIR LIBEM IGSAP 4426N/7753W UDNOX RAGID CALVY CYYZ

CYVR - CYYZ 4:00 Flight
Origin Airport Destination Airport Suggested Aircraft Suggested Airline Flight Duration
CYVR CYYZ A223 Air Canada 4:00

CYVR YVR HUH 4856N/12051W IWACK YDC YXC YYN VLR VBI YQT OTNIK NAKAL GOPAK TUDAN 4518N/8139W SETGO DARID BOXUM DUVOS CALVY CYYZ

CYYZ - CYVR: 4:50 Flight
CYYZ CYVR A223 Air Canada 4:50

CYYZ NUGOP 4431N/8103W PEPMA MUSIT SSM YQT VBI VLR YYN YXC YDC 4924N/12033W BOOTH VITEV STAVE SAVED CYVR

CYLW - CYOW: 3:45 Flight
CYLW CYOW A223 Air Canada 3:45

CYLW WHATS 5017N/11641W MENBO TULOV DAPOP VLR NORUN 4952N/9251W TRUDY YXZ 4625N/7828W SMARE TOXIP ONDOB TEXEN CYOW

CYYT - CYYZ: 0:50 Flight
CYYT CYYZ A223 Air Canada 0:50

CYYT TEXED 4737N/5443W VINSI CADIL MIILS LETAK TADMO 4444N/7754W VIBLI IMEBA CALVY CYYZ

61 Likes

Great FNF ! AIR CANADA RETRO LIVERY With A220-300! 🇨🇦

6 Likes

Le’ss go!!

1 Like

CYYZ is looking like a really popular airport in Infinite Flgiht recently. Great choice for FNF!

3 Likes

Great FNF! Thanks Misha!

2 Likes

Amazing choice of airports! Obviously Canada being the best place to fly any aircraft.

8 Likes

Air Canada Boeing 777-200LR to YSSY for me

2 Likes

So happy to see Canada being featured in the FNF! Thanks Misha and great choice of airports!

2 Likes

Ohhhh amazing! Really excited for a Canadian FNF! We haven’t had one in a while!

4 Likes

Oh! I think this FNF will be interesting and fun~^^
I can’t wait🤩 See you guys at 🇨🇦

2 Likes

@CR3W i better see you open here all day, at a minimum 16 hours. Any shorter will result in a demotion

3 Likes

He will be too busy flying the ACVA flagship all day!

1 Like

I’m definitely coming! I love all these events in Infinite Flight community! Will there be center atc as well? (I hope so). And if I chose another lviery/callsign rather than Air Canada is it illegal?

1 Like

There’s nothing like setting up a few flights while you have to do a lot of stuff for tomorrow which is Christmas Eve.

Awesome FNF Misha! Have a great holiday everyone!

3 Likes

Sure is legal! you can fly with the plane and callsign you prefer!

1 Like

Oh because in the description it’s mentioned Air Canada.

1 Like

That is always a recommendation from Misha …

1 Like

Oh I see, thanks!!

2 Likes

I snow this is going to be a great friday night flight!

3 Likes