23OCT22 / 1200Z / INVA's Diwali Bash Up the Ganges!

India Virtual Presents,

The Diwali bash Up the Ganga!

Event Specifics

Airport Name & ICAO: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport (VECC) to Indra Gandhi International Airport (VIDP)

Origin Destination Livery Aircraft Server
VECC VIDP Air India A320, A321 Expert Server

2022-10-23T12:00:00Z2022-10-23T14:30:00Z

About Diwali

Diwali or Deepavali is a festival of lights and one of the major festivals celebrated by Hindus, Jains, Sikhs. The festival usually lasts five days and is celebrated during the Hindu lunisolar month Kartika (between mid-October and mid-November). One of the most popular festivals of Hinduism, Diwali symbolizes the spiritual “victory of light over darkness, good over evil, and knowledge over ignorance”. The festival is widely associated with Lakshmi, goddess of prosperity and Ganesha, god of wisdom and the remover of obstacles, with many other regional traditions connecting the holiday to Sita and Rama, Vishnu, Krishna, Durga, Shiva, Kali, Hanuman, Kubera, Yama, Yami, Dhanvantari, or Vishvakarman. Furthermore, it is a celebration of the day Rama returned to his kingdom in Ayodhya with his wife Sita and his brother Lakshmana after defeating the demon Ravana in Lanka and serving 14 years of exile.

In the lead-up to Deepavali, celebrants will prepare by cleaning, renovating, and decorating their homes and workplaces with diyas (oil lamps) and rangolis (colorful art circle patterns).[12] During Diwali, people wear their finest clothes, illuminate the interior and exterior of their homes with diyas and rangoli, perform worship ceremonies of Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity and wealth,[a] light fireworks, and partake in family feasts, where mithai (sweets) and gifts are shared. Diwali is also a major cultural event for the Hindu, Sikh, and Jain diaspora.

The five-day long festival originated in the Indian subcontinent and is mentioned in early Sanskrit texts. Diwali is usually celebrated twenty days after the Vijayadashami (Dussehra, Dasara, Dasain) festival, with Dhanteras, or the regional equivalent, marking the first day of the festival when celebrants prepare by cleaning their homes and making decorations on the floor, such as rangolis.[18] The second day is Naraka Chaturdashi. The third day is the day of Lakshmi Puja and the darkest night of the traditional month. In some parts of India, the day after Lakshmi Puja is marked with the Govardhan Puja and Balipratipada (Padwa). Some Hindu communities mark the last day as Bhai Dooj or the regional equivalent, which is dedicated to the bond between sister and brother,[19] while other Hindu and Sikh craftsmen communities mark this day as Vishwakarma Puja and observe it by performing maintenance in their work spaces and offering prayers.

Credits: Telegraph India

Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport (IATA: CCU, ICAO: VECC) is an international airport located in Kolkata, West Bengal, India, serving the Kolkata Metropolitan Area and is the aviation hub for the entire eastern and northeastern India. It is located approximately 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) from the city centre. The airport is locally known as Kolkata Airport and Dum Dum Airport before being renamed in 1995 after Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, a prominent leader of the Indian independence movement. Kolkata Airport is one of the oldest airports in India; it was opened in 1924.

Spread over an area of 1,641 acres (664 ha), Kolkata Airport is the largest hub for air traffic in the eastern part of the country and one of two international airports operating in West Bengal, the other being Bagdogra. The airport handled almost 20 million passengers in the financial year 2017–18, making it the fifth-busiest airport in India in terms of passenger traffic after airports at Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Hyderabad. The airport is a major centre for flights to Northeast India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Southeast Asia and the Middle Eastern cities of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Doha. In 2014 and 2015, Kolkata Airport won the title of Best Improved Airport in the Asia-Pacific region awarded by the Airport Council International. The airport is awarded as best airport by hygiene measures in Asia-Pacific in 2020 by Airports Council International.

Credits: Sierra Golf

Gates at VECC
Gate Livery Aircraft Pilot
Gate 41 Air India A321 - - -
Gate 42 Air India A321 - - -
Gate 43 Air India A321 - - -
Gate 44 Air India A321 @ABSTERGO
Gate 45 Air India A321 @Subodh.Bashyal
Gate 46 Air India A321 @Ishan_Nandanwar
Gate 47 Air India A321 @PREM_AVIATION1
Gate 48 Air India A321 @AirCanada11
Gate 49 Air India A321 @the_abducted_prince
Gate 50 Air India A321 @Monty
Gate 51 Air India A321 @aditya_srivastva
Gate 52 Air India A321 @Sierra_Golf
Gate 53 Air India A321 INVA reserved
Gate 53 Air India A321 INVA reserved
Gate 54 Air India A321 @Aryan_789
Gate 55 Air India A320 @aman_gupta
Gate 56R Air India A320 INVA reserved
Gate 56L Air India A320 @jaSsu_07
Gate 57 Air India A320 @Dip_Prajapati
Gate 58R Air India A320 @AVIATOR_AJ.21
Gate 58L Air India A320 Finnair VA reserved
Gate 59R Air India A320 Finnair VA reserved
Gate 59L Air India A320 Finnair VA reserved
Gate 60R Air India A320 Finnair VA reserved
Gate 60L Air India A320 Finnair VA reserved
Gate 61R Air India A320 @AmericanEagle
Gate 61L Air India A320 @ali_mujeeb
Gate 32 Air India A321 @ThatOneFloridaAvGeek
Gate 31 Air India A320, A321 - - -
Gate 30 Air India A320, A321 - - -
Gate 29 Air India A320, A321 - - -
Gate 28 Air India A320, A321 - - -

Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport

Airport Name & ICAO: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport (VECC)

ATC Controllers

This event will be staffed at both airports :)

NOTAM

☑ Please quote the requested route and aircraft.
☑ This event will take place on the expert server. All usual expert server rules will still apply. Rules may be enforced by ghosting during the event.
☑ Any directions from ATC must be followed.
☑ Minumum separation of 3 nautical miles horizontal and 1000ft vertical must be adhered to at all times.
☑ Please inform us if you will be unable to attend after signing up for the event. This will allow us to plan accordingly and also offer slots to anyone on any waiting lists.
☑ Please make sure that all the pilots are present at their respective gates at least 15-20 mins prior to departure time.
☑ Please follow IFATC instructions if present to avoid unnecessary violations. In case of the absence of IFATC please ensure proper use of UNICOM.
☑ If you are reading this, Have a good day! ;)

Credits: Ritesh321

13 Likes

Great event any gates pls a320

2 Likes

any gate for a321 Pls

3 Likes

Pls assign for me

3 Likes

The gates will be assihned shortly.

3 Likes

Gate 51 Air India A321 INVA reserved
INVA 005VA requesting gate 51

4 Likes

Hi @aditya_srivastva

Your Gate will be booked shortly.

3 Likes

Can i have a gate for A320( INVA 008 VA)

3 Likes

Sign me up for Air India A321

3 Likes

any gate for A320 please and happy diwali to everyone in advance

2 Likes

Hey There Pilots,
Your Gates have all been booked. Thank you for your patience and most importantly Happy Diwali in advance!

4 Likes

Dont mind if i ask you can you do these events in training server

3 Likes

Somebody booked me without my knowledge or permission. Best of luck with your flight, but please remove my name. Thanks.

2 Likes

To join India Virtual, please click
here

1 Like

@IndiaVirtual I will take GTS at VIDP and @Captain_Dreamliner will provide Approach.

4 Likes

oh hey there!
It seems i have made a typo and mistyped your name from aditya. I am so sorry for any inconvienince caused ill remove it now

3 Likes

@IndiaVirtual shouldn’t this be on the 24th whicb is diwali

3 Likes

This please

3 Likes

No problem at all. You actually caused me to check out some of the route and background in more detail, which was very interesting and informative. I also checked out a geography video on the Ganges. I plan to get back to it before too long because I didn’t make it all the way up river yet and I was left with more questions to explore. So actually, thank you for the error!

2 Likes

Yes, It should have been .However, we thought Sunday would be a better day instead of Monday as most of our pilots have school or Work.

Anyway, Your Gate has been reserved. Have a Great Flight!

1 Like