Airport: Liverpool John Lennon Airport (EGGP)
Server: Expert Server
NOTAMS: IFATC will be requested but is not guaranteed
Liverpool Airport is primarily an airport home to budget carriers and is a perfect airfield to house an event. The event will give an insight to the majority of Liverpool’s routes across Europe and beyond.
Some General Aviation gates will be available at the GA apron towards the Western part of the Airfield near the threshold of 27, GA Apron departures will receive special taxi instruction prior to the event.
Please scroll down to see the Gates, Destinations and Airlines and drop a reply to reserve a gate. Gates will be reserved on a First Come First Served basis with some gates reserved for our sponsors.
If the event receives high demand a second wave may be added.
Choose from some amazing routes from Airlines including easyJet, Ryanair and Wizz!
About Liverpool John Lennon Airport
Liverpool John Lennon Airport (IATA: LPL , ICAO: EGGP ) is
an international airport serving North West England. Its CAA Public Use Aerodrome Licence Number is P735. On the outbreak of World War II, the airport was operated by the RAF and known as RAF Speke . The airport is within the City of Liverpool on the banks of the estuary of the River Mersey some 6.5 nautical miles (12.0 km; 7.5 mi) southeast of the city centre. Originally called Speke Airport , the airport was renamed after Liverpudlian musician John Lennon of the Beatles in 2001. Scheduled domestic, European, and North African services are operated from the airport.
Between 1997–2007, the facility was one of Europe’s fastest-growing airports, increasing annual passenger numbers from 689,468 in 1997 to 5.47 million in 2007. Despite passenger numbers having decreased to just over 4.8 million in 2016, this was an 11.1% increase on the 2015 total, making it the 12th-busiest airport in the UK. The airport served 4.95 million passengers in 2017, an increase of 3% over 2016. The airport handled just over 5 million passengers 2018.
Airlines at the airport include easyJet, Ryanair, Wizz, BlueAir, Lauda, Loganair and Wideroe. Loganair took over Flybe’s route from the Airport to the Isle of Man following Flybe’s collapse.
Gates and Routes
We ask that you spawn in to the Airport at you allocated gate at 15:50Z/16:50BST, please ensure that you do spawn at the correct gate. If IFATC are active follow all instructions at all times and most of all have fun!
Main Terminal Gates
|11||B738||Ryanair||Palma de Mallorca||LEPA||2:10|
|14||B738||Ryanair||Knock West Ireland||EIKN||0:55|
|36||DHD-8||Loganair/Flybe||Isle Of Man||EGNS||0:30||@JayIOM|
|56||A319||easyJet||Paris Charles de Gaulle||LFPG||1:00||@Josh_104|
More destinations can be added if requested, please request a gate below along with stating your Callsign!
Gates 3-7 and 37-39 are reserved exclusively for easyJet Virtual Pilots
Destinations may be chosen by the Pilot flying from the General Aviation Apron, largest aircraft permitted into GA Apron is Cessna Citation.
Sponsors - easyJet Virtual
Thank you to easyJet Virtual for sponsoring this event! Please take a look at their brilliant thread and join today!
easyJet Virtual is thankful for sponsoring this event a special thanks to Oscar for letting this happen as like to get involved in anyway we can. It is our plan to sponsor more events all around Europe and get everyone involved including pilots who aren’t yet part of the VA we definitely recommend you come along and sign up for this event as we are sure it will be fun & exciting for us all as a a community to come together
To join easyJet Virtual or to find out more click here
Departure Information and Guidelines
Departure information will be updated and found here on the Morning of the event and will be updated again 1hr before the event.
- Please spawn at your assigned gate 10 minutes before departure
- Please only Pushback when the Aircraft to your right has pushed and started their taxi starting from Gate 1, Gates 51-56 may push after Gate 1 has started push back starting with G51
- If IFATC is active follow all instructions, this could be enforced by ghosting, If IFATC is not active you must announce all movements on UNICOM
- Flight Plans should be made by the Pilot, I recommend FPLtoIF
- Remain aware of surroundings at all times as the airport will be busy, do not cut in line, no intersection departures (only GA aircraft may use intersection departures) Keep a safe distance with aircraft ahead whilst taxiing at all times!
- Pilots may use SIDs, charts for the runway in use will be posted here prior to the event
- We are not responsible for any Ghosts/Violations whilst participating in this event
- Military Aircraft may be requested, Liverpool has frequent visits from Hercules and various RAF Combat Aircraft, if you would like to attend in a Military aircraft please comment and I will see if there is availability
Look forward to seeing you all! Happy Flying