22JUN21 / 1400Z - Whacky Racing: Aspen Spin Session @ KASE

Welcome back to Whacky Racing! We’re happy you’ve chosen this event to let your weirdness, impressive inverted flying abilities, and all-around goofiness. If you’re new here, this event series takes us into the funny side of flying on Infinite Flight, allowing you to fly races and aircraft that might not otherwise go together. In this series, we’ll use everything from the F14 to the DC-10F, the A350 to the XCub, and a whole lot more!

This event heads to Aspen, an airport known for its short runway operations in high terrain. This route is a circular one, starting and finishing at KASE. The catch for this event is that in each TFR you must complete 3 barrel rolls!. Through some of the course section, this means you’ll be spinning almost constantly. Make sure to take your motion sickness tablets if you get queasy…

Event Plan

1. Spawn at KASE
  2. Takeoff on runway 15 and fly clockwise around the circuit
  3. At each TFR do 3 barrel rolls
  4. Land back at KASE

Don’t forget to post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #whackyracing. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

You can also watch this event live on our Twitch channel today. Head to it below and set a reminder for when we are live!

Event Details

Server: Casual
Aircraft: Spitfires

Aircraft must follow the route set out by TFR gates. You must land and stop at KASE to complete the event. Aircraft will be disqualified if they do not follow the route, crash, or do not use the correct aircraft.

Event Hours:

Begin - Tuesday 22nd June @ 14:00 ZULU

End - Tuesday 22nd June @ 16:00 ZULU

June 22, 2021June 22, 2021

NOTAMS:

Aircraft will be disqualified if rules are broken. This is a voluntary event with no prize for the winner [bar bragging, of course]

30 Likes

1st to comment finally! 😅😄

1 Like

This will be fun!

Sure will! You may get dizzy though…I did checking the route out.

5 Likes

Yay! I can finały do it!

I guess that the Spitfire Driver must come to the race so i will see you there !! watch out everyone…

Let’s gooo

I’m confused. Description says F22, etc. OK, but “Aircraft” says Spit. Which is it?

I’m currently in the air already, should be landing into Raleigh Durham in about an hour and a bit once I’ve descended and slowed down, thus not sure if I’ll be in time or not 😔

I’m American 173, inbound to KRDU on the Expert Server around 1415Z according to my TOD and estimated time to arrival

its spitfire, where are you seeing F-22 as i dont even see it mentioned ??

Very first paragraph. I guess it is referring to Whacky Racing in general.

it is referring to whacky racing in general yes. and it says F-14 lol

What is a good technique for 3 consecutive barrel rolls in Spit?

Well here’s a tip! Set your device autorotate setting OFF!

1 Like

Uh oh…well, lesson learnt hahah

Pro tip: don’t load your spitfire with so much fuel to the point where you can’t get off the runway, let alone perform a barrel roll😅

1 Like

Literally just missed it 😔

Ahh, lost track of time and missed it! Cant wait for the next one though :)

This was an awesome Whacky Racing event! The spitfire has got to be one of my favorite aircraft to fly. Thanks Dan for the stream today and Misha for organizing this event!