22hr Route

Hi

I’m looking for a 22h (21-24 is fine) any suggestions?

Pls don’t link me to any site, I want to know what people have flown

1 Like

Well, with Tokyo being featured today, Tokyo to South America is 20-22, perhaps Rio or Sao Paulo should be somewhere in that range.

1 Like

Oh ok thanks!

I once flew from PHNL-HKJK it is about 21:30-22:30 depending on winds.

I once just took-off and flew until I was nearly out of fuel then landed at a suitable airport, that was also pretty cool.

2 Likes

You could do NZAA-EGLL New Zealand 787. About a 21 hour flight.

2 Likes

NZAA-EGLL 772er IF livery?

1 Like

If you try that route I’d recommend the BA A380 or maaaybe 777. The 787 can’t make it that far in IF.

Personally, I would recommend Auckland to Madrid, New Zealand and Spain are the farthest two places from each other on earth by great circle distance. I flew it in the Iberia A350-900 and went east, flight time was 22 hours and I had plenty of fuel to spare. I’ll find the photos from the flight, one second.

Edit: Here are some photos I took at MAD @tunamkol

3 Likes

It can if you go on 1 engine. I flew that route 1 week ago on 1 engine. Made it with 7% fuel left because I messed up the fuel gauging.

1 Like

772er makes it just fine, even had 3hrs fuel left, so i circled a while (with no pax though)
A359 would also work

1 Like

I would say, hmm, JFK to Sydney going east? Should be around 20 hours. I would do it with the A350 just to be safe, then again people have flown the 772 for upwards of 50 hours…

Wow, impressive. Do you have a picture? One engine flight on the 787 is tough, planes like the a350 handle it better.

1 Like

No sorry I did not think to get a picture as I had to get to class. And I realized after I landed that I should have done the 350 as it would have made it safe and sound.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys!

1 Like

When I was landing I made the worst mistake ever. Landing with very low fuel and putting engine 2 back on. I had made a go around with one engine while the other was still turning on.

Ah, thanks a lot! Exactly what I’m looking for! Flying AKL to MAD then

2 Likes

@tunamkol you dissapointed me…
My topic!

No problem, happy to help! Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns. Have a safe flight!

Ahem ahem @GBKarp

1 Like

Oh I highly apologize, even though one of the websites may do the job. Flying from Auckland to London might do though…

1 Like

one more, Dublin to Auckland is good on the A359
21-23 hrs depending on winds

1 Like