21APR21 / 1800Z - THE Milwaukee International Fly Out to The World - @KMKE

Hosted by: @SWA1997 @Butter_Boi and @zion89 bring another Underrated Airport KMKE
Background Credits

https://www.onmilwaukee.com/on/visitors

Server: Expert

Time: 2021-04-21T17:00:00Z

History of KMKE

The airport is named in honor of United States Army General Billy Mitchell, who was raised in Milwaukee and is often regarded as the father of the United States Air Force.[4][5] Along with being the primary airport for Milwaukee, Mitchell International is also used by travelers throughout Wisconsin and Northern Illinois.[6] Since March 1941, the airport’s weather station has been used as the official point for Milwaukee weather observations and records by the National Weather Service, whose area office is located in Sullivan.[7]

HistoryEdit

Plaque in Concourse E, dedicated by the defunct North Central Airlines.

The original airfield was established in 1920 as Hamilton Airport by local business owner and aviator, Thomas F. Hamilton. Milwaukee County purchased the land on October 19, 1926 and renamed the airport Milwaukee County Airport .[5] The first airport terminal there, the Hirschbuehl Farmhouse, opened in July 1927. That month, Northwest Airlines, Inc., began air service from Milwaukee to Chicago and Minneapolis/St. Paul. In August 1927, world-renowned aviator Charles Lindbergh visited the Milwaukee airport. Kohler Aviation Corporation began providing passenger service across Lake Michigan on August 31, 1929.

During the late depression years (1938–July 1940), a new two-story passenger terminal building was constructed by the Works Progress Administration. On March 17, 1941 the airport was renamed General Mitchell Field after Milwaukee native and air power advocate Brigadier General William “Billy” Mitchell.[8] On January 4, 1945, Mitchell Field was leased to the War Department for use as a World War II prisoner-of-war camp. Over 3,000 prisoners and 250 enlisted men stayed at the work camp. Escaped German prisoners were often surprised to find a large German American population just beyond the fence.[9]

Credits for History: Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport - Wikipedia

Airport Map

Map Credits: http://www.mitchellairport.com/

GATES

Concourse C
Gate Airline Aircraft Destination Attendee
C9 Air Canada Express CRJ200 Toronto
C10 UnitedExpress CRJ200 Chicago O’Hare KORD @N489DN
C11 UnitedExpress CRJ200 Chicago-O’Hare @JarrettFlies
C12 AirCanadaExpress CRJ900 Toronto @Airborne_Canuck
C15 UnitedExpress E175(you may use the 737-700) Houston(KIAH)
C14 Southwest 737-800 KDCA @zion89
C18 Southwest 737-800 KDEN @ORD777flyer
C19 Southwest 737-800 KBNA
C20 Southwest 737-700 KTPA @Liam_McAtee
C21 Southwest 737-700 KPHX
C22 Southwest 737-800 KBWI @SWA1997
C23 Southwest 737-800 KMCO @DeltaFox
C24 Southwest 737-800 KLAS @tyduz
C25 Southwest 737-800 KSTL @Johhhn
Concourse D
Gate Airline Aircraft Destination Attendee
D36 Frontier A320(Any Animal) KDEN
D42 Delta 717-200 KATL
D43 Delta 737-800 KDTW
D44 Delta A320 KMSP
D45 Delta CRJ900 KDTW @CPT_Bambi
D46 Delta A320 KATL @Cooper_Marcukaitis
D47 Delta 737-900 KATL @crj_lover1
D48 Delta 757-200 KCLE @Jukker
D51 Alaska 797-900 KSEA @MJP_27
D52 AmericanEagle CRJ900 KDFW @Ironman_Ballets
D53 American A319 KPHX @Abdulgadir_Abdi
D54 AmericanEagle CRJ700 KORD @Aviation2929

Concourse E is Closed
Concourse E can be Overflow
GA Pilots can go to the remote stands that are off of Runway 19R/1L
Just let us know and we will be happy to put u there

|@Kyle7223|KMEM|77F|CargoBay3|

NOTAMS
Follow directions if ATC is Present
Use Unicom responsibly if NO IFATC is here
Pushback will be starting with the C Concourse followed by the pilot who is with Frontier.
Runway takeoff will be determined for the winds that day
There will be no PATTERN WORK
I am NOT RESPONSIBLE for any VIOLATIONS you Might receive
Lastly; Have Fun and Safe Flying

13 Likes

Come and Get a gate for this other underrated airport. KMKE

1 Like

This gate please. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for Joining
You are in
Welcome Aboard

1 Like

I’ll take this one, please. Except in an A319 unless, you know… IF gives us a treat :)

1 Like

@Cooper_Marcukaitis Welcome Aboard enjoy your flight

1 Like

I’ve flown out of KMKE countless times! As a proud Wisconsinite I’ll take United’s shortest route!

1 Like

Same here @JarrettFlies enjoy ur Departure

1 Like

Milwaukee (/mɪlˈwɔːki/, locally /məˈwɔːkiː/)[5] is the largest city in the state of Wisconsin and the fifth-largest city in the Midwestern United States behind Chicago, Illinois; Columbus, Ohio; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Detroit, Michigan. The seat of Milwaukee County, it is on Lake Michigan’s western shore. Ranked by its estimated 2019 population of 590,157, Milwaukee is the 31st largest city in the United States[6][2]and the fourth-largest city situated along one of the Great Lakes, behind Toronto, Chicago, and Mississauga. It is the main cultural and economic center of the Milwaukee metropolitan area which had a population of 2,043,904 in the 2014 census estimate. It is the fourth-most densely populated metropolitan area in the Midwest, surpassed only by Chicago, Minneapolis-St. Paul and Detroit, respectively.[7]Milwaukee is considered a “Gamma −” global city as categorized by the Globalization and World Cities Research Network[8] with a regional GDP of over $105 billion.

Credits to the Pic and Milwaukee history: Milwaukee - Wikipedia

Come Fly with Us here in Milwaukee

I’ll take this guy!

1 Like

Roger that
Welcome aboard

Come Fly with Us here in Milwaukee!!

Can I have this gate

1 Like

@zion89 u have a gate to KDCA already bud

1 Like

Ill take this one!

1 Like

Is there any cargo gates at all?

1 Like

I’ll take this please

1 Like

Could I get this one please?

Looks like a fun fly out!

1 Like

I will put u down for Cargo Hold 3 FedEx 77F off of runway 7R/25L @Kyle7223

Ok I’m fine with that I’ll be going to Memphis correct?

1 Like