21/22NOV20 // 1500Z - Ft. Lauderdale Beach Airshow

!! FREEDOM’S THUNDER ROCKS THE WAVES NOVEMBER 21 / 22 !!

The Ft. Lauderdale Airshow is one of the most iconic airshows in the United States, showcasing the best of aviation to the public on Florida’s scenic waterfront.

|-| This event will once again make infinite flight community history as this is |-|
|-| the first airshow that will not take place at an airport. |-|
|-| The stunning beaches of Ft. Lauderdale will host the show this year! |-|

The 2020 FLL Airshow will be a community welcomed airshow , the pilots of the Infinite Flight Community are encouraged to participate in and spectate this event.

F E A T U R E D - P E R F O R M A N C E

This show will be headlined by the Virtual F-22 RAPTOR DEMO TEAM , the team of future Airman dedicate their time to represent and honor the men and women serving in our armed forces while demonstrating the teamwork it takes for the real F-22 Demo Team to accomplish their mission.

E V E N T - D E T A I L S

Server: Casual Server
Event Location: Ft. Lauderdale Beach
Spawn Airport: Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood International
Date / Time: 2020-11-21T15:00:00Z & 2020-11-22T15:00:00Z

N O T A M S

All performers take caution of nearby terrain restrictions, specific details will be published one week before show weekend. Weather fluctuates drastically at show center with two nearby fields ( KFLL & KFXE ), expect variable wind changes between 5-10kts. Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (KFLL) will have departing and arriving traffic, all performers keep north of both Runway 28L/R ILS cones. If commercial traffic is nearby, performances may be delayed until traffic clears.

Monitor "NOTAMS" channel on our server for up to date information

S P E C T A T O R S

If you are planning on watching the show please follow these specific instructions to help us ensure smooth and safe operations.

Spectators are not performers.
Please do not interfere with the show in any way; i.e- taking off during or after a display, intentionally ignoring our published event rules, skipping songs, clearing music queues, using Rythm Bot without staff authorization, or any type of harassment / trolling. This type of behavior is not tolerated, we catalog the usernames of those who do this.

=|| Click Here ||=

Instructions for all Spectators

• Check the event’s discord server for updates to the NOTAMS. This may include changes to spawn locations.

• Select an aircraft capable of short field landings as you will be landing on the water.
    ( We suggest the CubCrafters XCub or the Cessna 172 )

• Spawn and depart KFLL heading North East for 6 Miles

• Land on the water near show center.
    We ask that you park on the beach or in shallow water.

• When parked, please shut down all engines and extinguish all lights.

FLL Airshow Map1

(The red line represents the “Crowd Line”, spectators are allowed to park anywhere along this line.)

- Please keep your distance from the Coast Guard C-130 that will be marking show center
(This represents a Coast Guard Cutter vessel, a common sight at most oceanside airshows)

IMG_2000-1

-Do not depart the crowd area during the show, if you have to leave we ask that you exit the game from the ground.

-For those arriving during the show to spectate, please wait for staff approval before departing. The event staff will guide you to the show site, please follow all given instructions.

D I S C O R D

Our airshow will also include LIVE commentary and LIVE music throughout the event.

We encourage joining this server, there you will find the latest information plus the previously mentioned live music and narration.

This is only for staff and performers to entertain our spectators. As staff of the former VAC we have used these many times in the past, they are for individual events only and specifically used for the stated reason.

P E R F O R M E R S

Ft. Lauderdale Airshow Schedule

Times may not be exact, monitor the NOTAMS & Announcements channels for up to date information.

Saturday, November 21st

Slot Time Title Aircraft Type Pilot
1 1500 F-16 Demo Team F-16 Fighting Falcon @ELDEN_PLATENBERG
2* 1515 Back to the Old Days Spitfire @MJP_27
3 1530 (VAC) Airbus A350 Display A350-900 @morgan99
4* 1545 RAF 206sqd Hercules Display Team C-130J @HercDriver206, @VR-206sqn-Atlas94
1600 American Airlines Flybys 737-800 & 777-300ER
5* 1610 (VAC) USAF TAC Herc. Display Team C-130J-30 Super Herc. @Scott.Cooper
6 1625 Gentle Giant 747-8 @CaptainKyler
7* 1640 A-10 Demo Team A-10C Warthog @Pingu
8* 1655 Deadstick Aerobatics XCUB
9* 1700 Hercules Demo Team CC-130J-30 Super Herc. @Aparkins
10* 1715 The New Face Of East Coast Virtual A359 // 772ER @CaptainJam, @PilotMatt, @BostonStrongWill
11 1730 (VAC) Virtual F-22 Raptor Demo Team F-22 Raptor @Nate_Schneller
12 1750 (VAC) USAF Heritage Flight F-22 Raptor / P-38 @Nate_Schneller @Scott.Cooper

Sunday, November 22nd

Slot Time Title Aircraft Type Pilot
1 1500 (IF-USCG) Coast Guard Virtual C-130J @Andrea @ZaneDavis @ianfirepower
2* 1515 Back to the Old Days Spitfire @MJP_27
3 1530 (VAC) Airbus A350 Display A350-900 @morgan99
4* 1545 RAF 206sqd Hercules Display Team C-130J @HercDriver206, @VR-206sqn-Atlas94
1600 American Airlines Flybys 737-800 & 777-300ER
5* 1610 (VAC) USAF TAC Herc. Display Team C-130J-30 Super Herc. @Scott.Cooper
6 1625 Gentle Giant 747-8 @CaptainKyler
7* 1640 A-10 Demo Team A-10C Warthog @Pingu
8* 1655 Deadstick Aerobatics XCUB
9* 1700 Hercules Demo Team CC-130J-30 Super Herc. @Aparkins
10* 1715 The New Face Of East Coast Virtual A359 // 772ER @CaptainJam, @PilotMatt, @BostonStrongWill
11 1730 (VAC) Virtual F-22 Raptor Demo Team F-22 Raptor @Nate_Schneller
12 1750 (VAC) USAF Heritage Flight F-22 Raptor / P-38 @Nate_Schneller @Scott.Cooper

• Schedule is not finalized and changes could be made prior to show day. All performer applications after this post will not be accepted. See you there everyone!

Performer applications close Sat 11/14

I N T E R E S T E D - I N - P E R F O R M I N G ?

=|| Click Here ||=

To all pilots interested in performing please comment below your;

• requested aircraft type.
  • “display title”. (if applicable)
  • available time on both days.
  • state the likelihood of you attending the event on a scale of 1-10 based on availability.
  • @ all users participating in your display. (if applicable)
  • state your level of community airshow experience.
  • state if you have a playlist of songs you would like our staff to play during your display.

(Community slots are limited to a 15 minute display time, time starts when the performer enters the aerobatic box. Community display teams will receive an extended time if necessary.)

Applicants will only be considered if they have responded to all 7 requirements, you are welcome to answer with "None" or "N/A" for those that do not apply.

Feedback on the event & thread:
This thread took over 6 hours to make, feedback is highly appreciated! :)

0 voters

This event is hosted by the former staff team of the:
=|| Virtual Airshow Council - VAC | IFCAS VA | Uniting Airshow Enthusiasts ||=

11 Likes
  1. A-10 Warthog
  2. A-10 Demo Team
  3. Any times
  4. 8-9
  5. Undecided, gathering members
  6. 9, the A-10 is one of the most diverse aircraft out there.
  7. No.
1 Like

This one please!

Aircraft: Spitfire

Title: Back to the Old Days

Available Times: Any

Likelihood of attending: 8 or 9

Level of Community Airshow: It’s good! I’m normally great with the Spitfire!

Playlist: none.

1 Like

Please reply with your responses to requirements 1-7 to be considered :)

Thanks for taking interest! Your slot is now being reviewed :)

1 Like

CC-130 j super Hercules
( Rcaf[Royal Canadian air force] Hercules demonstration team )
available on the 22nd potential 21st
likelihood of attending (8/10)
participated in 2 previous airshows
songs:
-Seven nation army (glicth mob remix)
-Flo ride- my house
-Thunderstruck AC/DC

2 Likes

C-130J-30
USAF Tactical Herc display Team
Available both days at anytime
10/10
VAC member
My Herc playlist in the server

(reserve to fill slots if the show isnt filled)
Spitfire
BBMF solo spitfire display
Available both days any time
10/10
VAC member
Spit playlist in server

1 Like
  • a350
  • Airbus A350 demo
  • 21st & 22nd - as early as possible due to the time difference
  • Will definitely be there!
  • Just me
  • Very experienced in the IFC airshow community, hosted many shows
  • No music
1 Like

Hope @USCG_Virtual Demo Team will attend!

1 Like

@Scott.Cooper @Aparkins @morgan99 thank you for your responses! You are now being reviewed :)

2 Likes

Evening

VR-206 Sqn would like to attend with our
New C-130J “Kraken” Tactical Formation Display, for the show.

Elvis Formation:
01 (FL) - @VR-206sqn-RAF
02 - @VR-206sqn-Atlas94

• 21st & 22nd - early slot if possible, due to time difference
  • experienced display team in the IFC airshow community
  • Playlist to be provided

Thanks

P.Harrison
OC-VR 206 Sqn

3 Likes

Performers: If you have a scripted narration document, it is recommended you submit that to @DeltaMD88Fan or my DM, as we are the ones who normally narrate shows. I should mention having a script sometimes save us a few hesitations and can be more informative, but it is not a necessity. Thanks!

1 Like

@DeltaMD88Fan this is a very nice thread! One reminder though. Daylight savings is ending on November 1st so we are rolling the clocks back 1 hour so this event will happen 2020-11-21T16:00:00Z if it is at 1600Z. If you’d like your event at 2020-11-21T17:00:00Z then you need to change the time to 1700Z. Just a reminder:)
Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! I will make sure to update the times.

2 Likes

I’m planning on adding an XCub deadstick aerobatic freestyle to the lineup. Probably gonna have to land on the beach somewhere though.

1 Like

Hello! The @USCG_Virtual wants to partecipate with his C130s Demo Team.

• C130J x3
  • USCG Demo Team
  • To confirm due to timezones
  • 95%
  • @ianfirepower , ADM Davis and me
  • Second airshow for me, first for Ian, second for Davis
  • not now
1 Like

The Flying Axis
Group is in!

We would like to do some A-10 Formations if possible if you could fit us in at anytime. :)

1 Like

Glad to see you’re interested! Please reply with your answers to the criteria 1-7 :)

Holy crap that’s a cool name! 😎

1 Like
  • requested aircraft type. : A-10 Formation and Stunt Show
  • “display title”. Flying Axis Formation and Airshow Group
  • available time on both days. : 10am-11am EST (May Change)
  • state the likelihood of you attending the event on a scale of 1-10 based on availability. 95%
  • @ all users participating in your display: @Butter_Boi, @BritishAirways001 @Mukundan_Srivatsa (Possibly More)
  • state your level of community airshow experience: 7
  • state if you have a playlist of songs you would like our staff to play during your display: We Will Rock You, Top Gun Theme Song
2 Likes