21.1 Open Beta

Hey everyone!

By now you are likely aware that we are launching an Open Beta program for our 21.1 release. We will be running the Open Beta in stages to help us identify bugs and issues based on a controlled scaling up of user activity.

Important information:

• You may need to delete and reinstall the app if you use the Open Beta. This will result in all replay files being lost, so we recommend backing up any important replay files to the cloud first.

• Subscriptions cannot be purchased on iOS. See β€œother important notes” for more.

The Open Beta is for iOS and Android and is open to everyone from today on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will set a cap of in the first portion of the Open Beta and when this cap is reached, no more users will be permitted to join until the cap is raised again. Announcements about caps being raised will be posted on this topic and on our official open beta blog article.

These exact caps and times will not be shared. Please keep your eyes on the blog for official information.

Rules for Open Beta testing

• Report issues in the #open-beta category.

Please note that this category will be muted for all users by default. You may unmute it manually if you wish (follow the link to the category and use the bell icon to change notifications). Muted categories do not show up on the homepage or the list of categories in the menu.

• Read our About the Open Beta category topic very carefully, as well as any updates to the original post. This will tell you how to report issues.

• Ask any questions in the pinned topic in #open-beta.

• ALL irrelevant reports will be closed an unlisted without further communication. This is a huge job for staff and mods and unnecessary topics only add clutter. Please do not repost or DM staff/mods if this happens to you.

• Use the topic template when reporting issues. Improperly reported issues will be closed and unlisted.

• Do not ask for beta testing-related violations to be removed. Moderators will ignore these requests.

• Do not DM moderators or staff about the Open Beta. These DMs will be ignored.

How do I sign up?

Please watch the official blog article for this information. A link will be provided. If you don’t see a link to sign up, that either means it isn’t ready yet or the cap has been reached and the link was removed.

Other important notes

• iOS users will NOT be able to purchase subscriptions in the beta version of the app.

To use Infinite Flight Pro in beta, you must already have an active subscription purchased in an App Store version of the app, and have the app installed prior to downloading from TestFlight. You are able to reinstall 20.3 if you wish to subscribe at any time during the Open Beta.

• Restoring purchases will not work on iOS (for regions and aircraft purchased before Global). This is due to the same reason as above

• Android users will be able to purchase a subscription in the beta version as normal.

• Android 7 is the new minimum requirement for Infinite Flight. Unfortunately, devices running anything under this version will be unable to install 21.1 or the Open Beta.

Sharing and Discussing Open Beta

Feel free to share what you find on social media, YouTube, etc. This phase is truly an open beta, although we would prefer that you share the good things and not the broken ones!

296 Likes

Yey, thanks Cam!

8 Likes

Yes!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

5 Likes

Yay! Finally, the full list of airports :)

6 Likes

I’ve waited 200,000 years for this moment

15 Likes

I Clicked on it so fast like I was a cheetah racing

Got the Beta though! Thanks IF team!

16 Likes

Oh my gosh its happening, ok everyone stay calm

9 Likes

Just got it! Really amazing, thanks Cam!

5 Likes

Oh yeah man! Here it comes! One of the best updates ever

5 Likes

Omg Thanks! Let’s start πŸ›©

3 Likes

Best Update since Global

5 Likes

I just got the Beta installed! Thank you so much Cam!

3 Likes

Very exciting! Thanks Cam.

4 Likes

Let’s go am a beta tester

Thanks Cam!!

3 Likes

Thanks Cam just secured it! :)

3 Likes

What an amazing way to celebrate 10 years. Glad I got here in time as well :) happy ten years!

8 Likes

So glad i stayed Up

5 Likes

Woke up just in time woohoo!

4 Likes

Me browsing the IFC, seeing this topic, looking at the airport list😍

28 Likes