21.1 Lag Issues

Hello everyone, so i have visually found a problem with the performance. So on the ground, i get like 20fps in exterior views, for example, normal or locked (Except on the HUD view). When i go into the right wing camera, it impacts the frame rate a lot, say around 10fps while in the ground. Then, in the HUD view 1 second after takeoff, the frame rate decreases. Without clouds, i get the same frame rate around 15 or 10 until i reach above FL250, in all cameras, which goes back to 30fps. Can you guys help me figure out what’s wrong with the performance? The phone isn’t a year old yet, and this is a 2020 phone. I have all my graphics settings on low except textures resolution.

3 Likes

I saw a potential solution to lagging on newer devices earlier today and that is to clear your phone’s RAM.

To do this on newer iPhones, hold down the power and volume button until you get to the screen where it allows you to completely power off your phone, then return to the home screen.

2 Likes

Hi @SouljaFlight , can you clarify exactly what device and software you are using?

2 Likes

I’m using an Motorola G Stylus, withAndroid 11, 4GB of RAM, and a Snapdragon 665.

1 Like

Can I just check right off the bat, are you using the highest graphics settings?

The stylus may only be a year old, but it’s very much a mid range phone, and not particularly powerful. I would recommend a mix of medium and high settings, especially now with buildings being a part of the simulator

Edit: saw that the main post was edited to say all low settings

2 Likes

Do you have any other applications running in the background? Do you restart your device before a flight?

The point above still stands true, it’s not an especially powerful device

It may be worth clearing the system cache on the device by entering recovery mode, instructions can be found here:

If that isn’t available, then your phone should automatically clear cache when restarting. Do you have plenty of storage free?

2 Likes

I always close my apps before doing a flight, and no i don’t restart it often before a flight, but I’ll try the steps above

Edit: I have 50GB of storage available.

1 Like

Do you have the clouds altitude at FL250?

1 Like

Even though the phone is from 2020 it can still carry a low end processor

1 Like

I have it at clear for the remaining of yesterday’s flight.

1 Like

But at FL250?

1 Like

I forgot to mention, that it locks at 30fps after FL250.

1 Like

Yes, so after i reach and i keep climbing, it stays at 30fps.

Edit: the same thing happens on descent.

2 Likes

Yea, i have exactly the same problems like you. When i get above the clouds (FL200) my fps lock at 30.

1 Like

I cannot find a definitive answer but I would try restarting your device and clearing the game catche if you haven’t already. Also make sure your completely close other apps to minimize the number of programs your device is running this will free up ram and improve performance. If possible I would recommend buying a new device with more ram in the future. I see no reason your current device won’t work you may not have a optimized experience that a newer device would offer.

1 Like

Do you by any chance have the 30fps limiter on?

1 Like

Yeah, since day 1 of 21.1 release.

2 Likes

So, im going to try out the steps Kirito has provided me, and see how it went.

1 Like

Please tag me if that works for you

1 Like

that should work.

1 Like