21.1 Android Support

It’s good to see this information being made public.
In reality, this will probably only affect about 1% of the android player base, as there have been no Android devices shipped in the last few years with a 32bit SOC.

For the sake of posterity, here are a few of the last devices that did ship with one that may be used by some people here:

Nexus 5X, 6, LG V10, Nokia 2, OnePlus X, Samsung S4 and S5, Xperia Z2 and Z3 and the first gen Moto G.

2015 is the approximate cut off period, after this 64bit was the standard across all devices.

In regards to Android 7 Nougat, if your device is still stuck on Marshmallow, you may be able to bring it up to date using an AOSP ROM such as LineageOS, Pixel Experience, Remix OS and many others. I won’t go into much detail as this will vary on a device by device basis.

I will also be updating the Device Compatibility Thread and removing any devices that no longer reach this specification, as well as linking this topic at the footnote for anyone that requires more information.

• To add onto this, if you are unable to access any of the linked apps to check, you are welcome to shoot me a PM and I’ll assist the best I can.
28 Likes