21.1 Android Support

As a necessary step in moving forward with development, we will be increasing our minimum device requirements for Android in 21.1. Infinite Flight will now require a device with a 64bit processor and Android 7.0 or newer. This shouldn’t affect many of our users since most devices released in the last 4 years likely have a 64bit processor and Android 7.0 support. This decision does not come lightly but is necessary as we continue to add more features and maintain a good experience for as many users as possible.

If your device doesn’t have a 64bit processor and cannot be upgraded to Android 7.0, you will still be able to enjoy Infinite Flight on versions prior to 21.1.

To find out what processor your Android device has, please follow the instructions found in this article.

EDIT: Thank you to users who pointed out the above article references an app that is no longer available. Please try this app instead to help find out if your device is 32 or 64bit.

83 Likes

oooh interesting!

2 Likes

oooooo i like this

3 Likes

this is about android not apple

3 Likes

im pretty sure if your device was 1000$ and up, then u must have a top tier chipset with 64bit.

This is for android. In some cases lower priced phones have 64bit but use the link jason provided to check

1 Like

the app in the article isn’t available

Download AnTuTu Benchmark for Android free | Uptodown.com
this link can help you download the apk version of the app and u can check from there

2 Likes

i got it through apkmirror already but thanks

i know why it got removed

2 Likes

i would suggest using a VPN

To the people using the Antutu app, go into your app settings, select the Antutu app, click on permissions and deny access to the location

cpu-z can show it too btw

1 Like

It’s good to see this information being made public.
In reality, this will probably only affect about 1% of the android player base, as there have been no Android devices shipped in the last few years with a 32bit SOC.

For the sake of posterity, here are a few of the last devices that did ship with one that may be used by some people here:

Nexus 5X, 6, LG V10, Nokia 2, OnePlus X, Samsung S4 and S5, Xperia Z2 and Z3 and the first gen Moto G.

2015 is the approximate cut off period, after this 64bit was the standard across all devices.

In regards to Android 7 Nougat, if your device is still stuck on Marshmallow, you may be able to bring it up to date using an AOSP ROM such as LineageOS, Pixel Experience, Remix OS and many others. I won’t go into much detail as this will vary on a device by device basis.

I will also be updating the Device Compatibility Thread and removing any devices that no longer reach this specification, as well as linking this topic at the footnote for anyone that requires more information.

• To add onto this, if you are unable to access any of the linked apps to check, you are welcome to shoot me a PM and I’ll assist the best I can.
28 Likes

I am calm in knowing that !!

I feel a little silly asking this, but what am I looking for within the linked Application?

1 Like

Will the lag be resolved in any hotfix? my phone ran the IF very well on the high graphs, but now even on the low graphs it is lagging

2 Likes

I don’t have android but try turning anti-Aliasing off. That literally solved the lag problem on my side. Before beta it worked fine. All of my graphics are on high still :)

1 Like

Depending on your device’s age and specifications, you may have to turn down some graphic settings in order to run the update smoothly. For most users, lagging isn’t a problem, but if you are using an older device (2015-2016, for instance), this may be required for better performance.

If you are running the open beta and need further support, feel free to ask in the open beta questions thread.

1 Like

As mentioned in the thread about Low Frame Rates, we are working on improving this. The beta is pre-release software and may be subject to performance issues, and you can leave the beta in the meantime (through the Google Play Store) if you want to return to the previous stable version :)

4 Likes

So, 21.1, is the first time I am using beta. So when the actual update comes out, do we have to uninstall the beta version and then reinstall the new updated one? or do we just have to update the app when the new update comes out? And we can stay on beta for as long as till the update comes out? Just wondering because this my first time using beta for IF

You’ll automatically get the standard release version when it comes out. You are automatically enrolled for future Open Betas though on Android

3 Likes