20JUN20 / 1900Z First Ever Santander Flyout! @LEXJ

Seve Ballesteros-Santander International Airport Flyout!

Hello everyone! For this event we head to a lesser known airport in the Spanish beach city of Santander!

Why Santander?

I happen to have a personal connection to Santander as I lived there for a summer in 2016. It is the capital of Cantabria and is the only Cantabrian commercial airport. Santander is though to have been established as a fishing port and settled by the Roman Empire as well. A large amount of the medieval section of the city was burned down in the tragic Fire of 1941. Because of this, modern architecture is juxtaposed with very old building throughout the center of the city. Today, Santander is best known for being the headquarters for Santander Bank. However, it is also a popular beach destination for Spaniards and Brits and is famous for having a great variety of seafood! Here are some pictures of Santander!

Santander’s biggest attraction is the Playa del Sardinero which features white sand, blue waters, and waves great for surfing!

The Santander Bank headquarters are located in the city’s most impressive building!

The Airport

While Santander Airport is still very much a small one, it does feature flights to places like Madrid, Barcelona, London, and more!

Event Info:

Server: Expert

Airport: LEXJ

Time: 2020-06-20T19:00:00Z

NOTAM: Respect UNICOM and spawn 10 minutes before the event.

The Gates:

Terminal
Gate Airline Aircraft Destination Pilot
1 Iberia A321 Madrid-LEMD @cptlogue
2 Vueling A320 Barcelona-LEBL
3 Binter Canarias CRJ-1000 Gran Canaria-GCLP
4 Binter Canarias CRJ-1000 Tenerife North-GCXO @ILOVE7879-2.0
5 Iberia CRJ-1000 Gran Canaria-GCLP
6 Iberia CRJ-1000 Valencia-LEVC
7 Iberia CRJ-1000 Madrid-LEMD @Jacklcsm
8 Ryanair 737-800 Barcelona-LEBL @JornGroen
9 Wizz Air A321 Bucharest-LROP @Alexian61
11 Wizz Air A320 Warsaw-EPWA @Bradgibbs01
12 Ryanair 737-800 London Stansted-EGSS
13 Ryanair 737-800 Edinburgh-EGPH @Ecoops123

GA

Snoman’s Pick: Fly a GA Aircraft east to San Sebastian (LESO) or west to Asturias (LEAS) or A Coruna (LECO) to get great views of the rolling hills, cliffs, and beaches of the northern Spanish coast!

Gate Aircraft Destination Pilot
GA 14 C172 Andorra/Urgell-LESU @Everything_Matthew
GA 15
GA 16
GA 17
GA 18
GA 19
GA 20
GA 21
GA 22
GA 23
GA 24

Trivia: What is one of the main reasons Santanderinos have sour feelings towards the neighboring city of Bilbao?

• Bilbao has historically gotten better harvest seasons.
  • The Guggenheim Museum was initially going to be in Santander until Santander turned it down. It is now a major tourist attraction.
  • Bilbao fishmongers stole 50 thousand pounds of fish from Santander in the Great Fish Heist of 1907.

0 voters

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you there!

1 Like

Definitely one of my favorite airports in Spain! As a Ryanair lover I might have to go to Santander from Stansted and do the return, you can sign me up but I am not sure if I will actually go. It all depends if Ryanair opens up this route irl by the time of this flyout.

1 Like

Sure thing! Is there something I should put you down for if this route isn’t scheduled in a month?

Dang, no Gatwick, I wanted to race someone 👀

I’ll take 13 to Edinburgh!

1 Like

Sure thing! Maybe they will get Gatwick service soon!

1 Like

Hey! I’ll take this one! Never heard of this airport… should be lot’s of fun!

1 Like

Nothing for now, I think Ryanair said that they hope to start reopening flights before July 1st so I will probably update you within a week or two of the flyout.

1 Like

Sure thing! Hope you enjoy it!

1 Like

I’ll take it! that beach Is lovely

1 Like

Sure thing! I was lucky enough to get to visit it about 50 days in a row 😃

1 Like

Let’s get a few more signups!

Can I have this gate?

1 Like

Sure thing!

1 Like

I’ll be there!

1 Like

Ryanair released the schedule for flights starting June 20th and it looks like the flight to Santander is starting July 1st so I am really sorry but I will no longer be attending.

Sure thing!

1 Like

Alright, thanks for letting me know

Cool. So excited!

1 Like

Let’s get some more signups!

May i have gate 8?

1 Like