2023 Plane Spotting Recap

2023 Plane Spotting Recap

Welcome to my plane spotting recap!
For those that don’t know, I have only been doing aviation photography for about a year and a half, and I’m still learning even more about aviation photography. I use a Canon EOSR10 & Canon RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM Lens to shoot long distance photos. And, for closer-up photos of aircraft I use a Canon RF-S 18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens. Throughout the year I have visited 4 different airports, and I visited 3 of them more than once. I will share 1-2 photos that are some of my favourites from the plane spotting trips.

17th-19th February Manchester Airport

This was my first plane spotting trip of the year, when I visited Manchester Airport. During this trip we stayed at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Manchester Airport, and the service at this hotel was fantastic. I really enjoyed this trip, as I had been wanting to photograph the Brussels Airlines “Smurfs Livery” and I was so happy when I saw it on the arrivals, as Brussels Airlines don’t fly to my local airport.

Brussels Airlines A320 - Smurfs Livery

4th-5th March Edinburgh Airport

Edinburgh Airport is another excellent airport, that offers great views of the runway. During this trip we stayed at the Hampton by Hilton at Edinburgh Airport, and the service at this hotel was alright. When I visited this airport, I saw several new airlines that I hadn’t seen before such as; Wizz Air, Edelweiss, United, Delta and a few others so I had great fun getting loads of photos of all of those aircraft!

Wizz Air A321

Swiss Airlines Shares My Photo

I share my plane spotting photos on Instagram, and I couldn’t believe it when Swiss Airlines shared my photo!😃 (IG: JacksAviation44)

6th-9th April Heathrow Airport

I visited London Heathrow Airport for the very first time, and it was absolutely amazing!! During this trip, we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at Heathrow, and the service at the hotel was excellent. When I visited this airport, I couldn’t believe how busy it was, and I saw so many airlines & aircraft that I hadn’t seen before. I also so quite a few special liveries that I hadn’t been before either, so I was quite happy with all of my photos and videos.

British Airways A320

6th-7th May Glasgow Prestwick Airport & Edinburgh Airport

I visited Glasgow Prestwick Airport for the first time! During this trip, we stayed at the Carlton Hotel at Prestwick Airport. This isn’t a very busy airport, but it can be busy with military/air force aircraft. I did get to photograph a Royal Canadian Air Force Hercules & CC-150 Polaris. We also visited Edinburgh Airport when Prestwick was quiet, as Edinburgh isn’t far from Prestwick airport.

RCAF Hercules & Polaris

31st July - 4th August Heathrow Airport

I decided to visit London Heathrow Airport again! During this trip, we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at Heathrow airport. The service at this hotel was excellent. I saw a variety of airlines & aircraft, and I also saw a variety of special aircraft liveries. I enjoyed getting loads of photos and videos of all of the aircraft!

Qatar Executive GL5T

Day Trip To Edinburgh Airport

Another plane spotting trip to Edinburgh airport! The winter sun was shining on the aircraft, so I got some lovely photos and videos. I also met up with Ally (Moderator on my YT channel).

Qatar B788

Since I started plane spotting, I have met some great people, and it’s nice to share your aviation content with other aviation enthusiasts.

Thank you all for looking through my plane spotting recap. I hope you enjoyed it!

22 Likes

Great photos!
Ive been doing aviation photography for about a year and a half and I wish my photos were that good.

Nice shots mate! happy cakeday to you!

Thank you very much!

And, don’t worry I’m sure all of your photos look just fine!😃

1 Like

Thank you!👋

1 Like