2019 Joint Base Andrews Air Show 10MAY19

Hello, community. Today was the first day of the 2019 Joint Base Andrews Air Show and was only open to DOD and guests and STEM. Luckily, I was able to go to the air show and capture some shots of various aircraft.

Equipment:

• Canon EOS Rebel SL1
  • Manfrotto 290 Tripod

1944 North American TB-25N

First up is the B-25 Mitchell. The B-25, manufactured by North American Aviation, was first introduced into service in 1941. Named in honor of Major General William “Billy” Mitchell, the medium bomber served the allied forces during WWII and over 10,000 models were produced. The particular B-25 at Andrews AFB was N9079Z “Panchito” and is owned by Rag Wings & Radials Aircraft Leasing LLC.

The Blue Angels

Moving on to the main attraction of today, the Blue Angels. The Blue Angels, originally formed in 1946, are comprised of 6 Boeing F/A-18 Hornets. They are owned by the United States Navy and are used as an aerobatic flight demonstration. The airshow this weekend featured both the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds, owned by the Air Force.

Here is the diamond formation made up of four out of the six Blue Angels.

Here are the four Blue Angels, half upright and half inverted.

And here is the final pass done by the Blue Angels today.

North American P-51 Mustang and Vought F4U Corsair

About the Mustang:

The Mustang, manufactured by North American Aviation, first entered service in January of 1942. The P-51 was used as a fighter-bomber in WWII, aswell as the Korean War.

About the Corsair:

The F4U was made by Chance Vought and first entered service on December 28th 1942. Like the P-51, the carrier-based aircraft fought in WWII and the Korean War.

Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II

Here’s the A-10 showing off is slow flight capabilities at the airshow.

Finally, these are the Thunderbirds, owned by the US Air Force. Unfortunately, a storm rolled in and I left, without getting to see them. I don’t know if they flew at all today due to the storm.

Thanks for viewing by pictures!

Please rate them here:

0 voters

To see more photos, see my Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/pjpackman/

26 Likes

Absolutely stunning.

2 Likes

Look at all that metal!

Amazing!! keep it up

Oh no, I can’t make this! Too bad I am playing golf today 😢

1 Like

That’s too bad, it’s rare to see both the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds at the show.

1 Like

Wow that Air Show looks amazing!
Looks amazing the Blue Angels skills!

That Mustang 😍

We must have been standing side by side, where you on flight line?

Those are some really cool pics. Sadly I didn’t get to go but I will go next year. I heard the Thunder Birds roaring overhead all day though and I got some good pictures of them in formation.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.