2017, the safest year for the airline industry so far

According to datas from The Aviation Safety Network (ASN). 2017 was the safest year for the airline industry by the time this topic is made. The accident statistics showing an extremely low total of 10 fatal airliner accidents, resulting in 44 fatalities. With 10 accidents, each 5 for both Cargo and Passengers flights. Given the expected worldwide air traffic of about 36,800,000 flights, the accident rate is one fatal passenger flight accident per 7,360,000 flights.

The low number of accidents comes as no surprise, according to ASN President Harro Ranter: “Since 1997 the average number of airliner accidents has shown a steady and persistent decline, for a great deal thanks to the continuing safety-driven efforts by international aviation organisations such as ICAO, IATA, Flight Safety Foundation and the aviation industry.”

This is an awesome news for the airline industry. As this statistic shows an improvement in terms of safety in the airline industry from year to year. There were no recorded airliner crash in 2017, unlike in previous years. As the last fatal passenger jet airliner accident recorded by ASN was happening in 28 Nov. 2016, with La Mia’s Avro RJ85 in Colombia. Share your thoughts of the news here ;)

I do hope in 2018, we can make a significant improvement to push the safety of airline industry from 2017 :D

26 Likes

I love this, and I’m sure it’s just gonna keep getting safer 👍

6 Likes

I honestly think the credit goes here goes to great ingenuity of the airline manufacturing companies like boeing, airbus, bombardier, and embraer. All of them go to extraordinary lengths to design safe aircraft.

4 Likes

@Reedgreat Plus the engineers and mechanics for every airline that maintain that safety 😉

7 Likes

Those men and women are the real MVPs. No joke. 😊👏🏼

7 Likes

My respect goes out to all those who maintain the safety

1 Like

Lol everytime I deboard a plane I always feel a sense of love towards the airplane…I don’t know how the engineers managed to do that 🤷

2 Likes

Every year became the safest year.

2 Likes

Absolutely zero surprises. I would expect, even be disappointed if 2018 isn’t the safest year on record, then 2019, then 2020, then 2021…

2 Likes

Aviation safety improves everyday thanks to innovation by aircraft manudacturers, newer and safer technology, and not forgetting the pilots and engineers who serve the airline industry directly. This has to be the best year to be an airman or part of the aviation industry.

🍻 Here’s one for safer skies in 2018.

2 Likes

Technology improves everyday! For better or for worse… Every year, hopefully, airplanes should become safer and safer.
The only problem right now is smaller GA planes… they have certainly improved over the years, but they’re still very vulnerable.

1 Like

That is wonderful and VERY ENCOURAGING news!!

1 Like

It’s still crazy how many incidents that don’t turn to crashes

1 Like

Knocks on wooden table

2 Likes

This is awesome! But we still pray for those 188 lives lost.

2 Likes

No need my friend. I am willing to bet money 2018 will be the safest year on record. There’s no reason to think otherwise.

3 Likes

And to think, there are still people out there who simply cannot board an airplane without going crazy or simply losing it.😂😳😪

2 Likes

True, but there are still many incidents that could be traumatic for people that occur everyday. I do agree that a fear of flying is pretty unreasonable though!

1 Like

2014? MH 370? That was bad.

…Touches wood