With 2016 coming to a close and the holidays upon us, it is now time to write a quick retrospective of Infinite Flight and talk about what’s coming next. We also have a little offer that should interest you guys starting this weekend, and a cool video preview! 😉
2016 has been an exciting year for us at FDS. We’ve added a couple new members to the team:
- Val: who has picked up the UI code and does many other wonderful things
- Mark: Our beloved pilot community manager
- Kirill: A new artist under the direction of Jarno, who worked on the new cockpits!
On the development front, here’s a quick summary of what changed this year:
- Lockheed C-130
- Boeing 787
- Boeing 777-200LR
- Dash 8 Q400
- Terrain Map with Collision Awareness
- Better flight planning interface
- iPad Pro support
- New Interface
- New Grading System
- New Live Flight Board
- ATC Holds and other new messages
- Free Camera
- All Regions Updated with latest airport data
- Added liveries for the A319, 777.
- Reworked Physics of the 777
- Overspeed warning
- Mark/Tyler worked on many great tutorial videos available on our youtube channel
- And many other small improvements.
While this was happening, we also made tremendous progress on our Global Flight update. We do not have a release date to announce but we’re really optimistic about the progress we’ve made so far. We’ll talk a bit more about it soon, so stay tuned!
About our special holiday offer: we’ve decided to run a promotion starting Saturday Dec 24th at 00:00 UTC and until Jan 2nd on Live and Live+ purchased from iTunes/Android or Infinite-Flight.com:
- Get Live and get 7 days for free
- Get Live+ and get month free!
This is a good opportunity to try out Live if you haven’t given it a shot yet.
If your subscription is still active and you want to take advantage of the promotion, you can go through our website to get your subscription there. It will extend your active subscription and add the bonus amount to it.
And finally, to end the year on a great note, here’s another little gift for you guys: A sneak peek of Infinite Flight with Global Flight!
Let us know what you think in the comments!
Happy holidays from the entire team at Flying Development Studio!