20.3 Hotfix - iOS ATC App Crashes

I am not seeing the update on Canadian App Store yet. Doesn’t it take time to show up.

Never mind The update just showed up seconds

Facing same problem even after the hotfix. The volume of atc is muted although i can gear Engine sounds

Ipad Pro

1 Like

Continue crashing… I have flown a 9 hours flight yesterday and suddenly crashed 5mins ago

The hotfix was for app crashes, if you are still having issues hearing the ATC, hold tight. The developers are aware of the issue and are working on fixing it, the crashes were just the main priority.

2 Likes

We are aware that some people are experiencing issues with the ATC voice cutting out. We’re doing all we can from our end to mitigate this; right now, Apple have confirmed issues with their TTS framework that we use for ATC messages, and we are waiting for them to fix these.

One suggestion to help with this in the meantime is to set the Pilot Voice and Default Voice in Live settings to Alex (en-US).

If this option isn’t showing in Infinite Flight, it first need to be downloaded:

• Go to iOS Settings
  • Accessibility -> Spoken Content -> Voices -> English
  • Select Alex and wait for the download to end
  • Restart Infinite Flight, go to Settings -> Live
  • Set Pilot Voice and Default Voice to Alex

Unfortunately, it doesn’t sound as good as some of the other voice options, but it is a recommended workaround for the time being.

As mentioned in this thread, the 20.03.03 hotfix only aimed to stop the crashes for most users, and we’re working now on solving other problems this text-to-speech engine change has caused.
Thanks for your patience and understanding while we work through this.

41 Likes

Same issue I am also facing

1 Like

Thanks Cameron this works.

3 Likes

I did the update, but it still crashed when I tuned on Vancouver approach 😩

1 Like

I had the hotfix installed, yet, when switching from Toronto center to approach it froze IF and crashed it.

1 Like

Do we also set Alex for other voice as well as Pilot?

congrats to your first post, welcome to IFC !
Ronny

ps: If I saw Cameron’s post yesterday before taking off, my IFS might not have shut down after 13hours of flight, when I was just about to check in to Center :/ …but now got the Hotfix …I recommend once the Hotfix installed, to clear CACHE and close IFS completely and restart it…even clear your devices cache, to avoid any “volume” failures or others :)

Yep. Set it to both where possible

2 Likes

I did the above. At first I hear ATC, then it goes away. :(

1 Like

@Cameron, you’re very smart about everything

1 Like

Still crashing for me unfortunately, worked on atis when spawned in and as soon as I requested pushback it stopped 😩

descending into CYYZ, updated the app and hotfixed as per above. Now, whatever i tap on the ATC menu, starts to flicker and goes nowhere, do I have to trash this flight and quit? @Cameron

yep, if you’ve got a flickering ATC menu even after the hotfix, end the flight, nothing can be done about it atm it seems :/

Sorry about that, we’re trying to see if we can do something in the meantime. Try this if you haven’t already:

Give this a try if you haven’t already:

1 Like