20.3 Hotfix - iOS ATC App Crashes

Today, we’re pushing a hotfix that addresses an issue involving app freezes and crashes on iOS when interacting with ATC. We encourage all users to download the hotfix (20.03.03 on iOS) as soon as it’s available in the App Store.

Please note:
Some users are still experiencing issues with the latest version when using custom voices. We highly recommend you set the “Alex (en-US)” voice for the time being.

Instructions on how to do this are here: 20.3 Hotfix - iOS ATC App Crashes - #67

This issue was caused by a sudden and unannounced change in Apple’s text-to-speech engine. Infinite Flight uses this for audible air traffic control commands. We appreciate your patience while we worked on solving this and we apologize for the inconvenience. This update focuses solely on fixing the crashes mentioned and there may be other unintended consequences of this change, which we will raise with Apple if they arise.

Note: this hotfix is for iOS only. Android was not affected by this issue.

226 Likes

good fix guys!

5 Likes

Thanks, this will help a lot!

7 Likes

Yay! Thanks to the whole team!

16 Likes

Thank you so much dev team. This is really going to help.

3 Likes

Thank you very much IF Team!

3 Likes

Round of applause for the team!

6 Likes

Finally I can use ATC again
Thank you guys! 😄

6 Likes

Thank you so much for fixing this, I actually crashed doing Ground and Tower for KDFW in Training Server

2 Likes

Great job fixing this so quickly!

3 Likes

I get my volume back :)

yay

1 Like

:partyparrot: @SamC

4 Likes

Thank you so much!! I’ve had this issue since the beginning of this week, and now I can go back to hearing ATC.

3 Likes

Thank you guys so much! I can get back to controlling now :)

5 Likes

You guys are the bomb dot com

1 Like

Thank you for this Hotfix!

4 Likes

Well that was quick!!!

3 Likes

thanks a lot Cameron

1 Like

THX very much!

5 Likes