20.3 - Hotfix 2 for iOS ATC Issues

Thanks for fixing it! :)

2 Likes

I noticed a bug where the SFX goes dead after disconnecting an audio Bluetooth device such as AirPods. This is an issue because I tried to listen to music in my phone and when the AirPods activated they connected to the iPad which is running IF and then after a short second, connected to my phone. After connecting to my phone I noticed that the SFX sounds completely vanished which can only be fixed if you restart IF. That means that you will have to finish your entire flight with SFX before you can be able to fix the sound, leading to an entire flight without hearing anything. ATC sound does not get affected by this, only SFX.

6 Likes

Thanks for the report, our beta team made us aware of this issue but we’ve been unable to find a cause in the past. We’ll take another look at it for the next major release

6 Likes

Thanks Cameron, enjoy your Wednesday! Happy Flying 😎🙌🏾✈️

2 Likes

Should we use only these voices at the moment?

2 Likes

We’ve limited it so you can only select those voices right now as they are confirmed to work correctly. We’ll add more once we have verified the issue with the Apple TTS engine is fixed. Thanks for understanding!

13 Likes

Thanks for the work on fixing, Cameron.

3 Likes

Thanks for your hard work on fixing this issue, Cameron! :D

1 Like

Thank you Cameron!! This helps a lot.

1 Like

Probably just a bug on my side but after updating after the hotfix I flew under 10,000 and didn’t receive any violations for slightly going over 260kts. Only realised when I was on final.

1 Like

Thanks for the hard work!

2 Likes

I noticed that the two voices, Alex and Samantha, aren’t enhanced anymore. They don’t sound very great and they read the words super choppy. Will we get the enhanced versions back?

2 Likes

Good catch @Cameron I got it and it works!

Yes,they will re-add them automatically when Apple fix their bug.

1 Like

All is working well on my end now, thanks once again to the team. :)

Dear Developer,
Chinese App Store has removed Infinite Flight,all the players can not to update hotfix in China,but the problem occurs in former version that app always crashed.I had purchased subscription for 1 year and I hope developers can provide some really useful solutions.
Thanks for your effort!

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing some stutters during flight of more than about 5 hours. The FPS dramatically decreases for a few seconds before returning to normal. Is this in anyway related to the recent issues?

1 Like

Sorry about that, we’re looking into ways for Infinite Flight to be available in the Chinese App Store again. In the meantime, some of our Chinese users have an unofficial workaround to be able to update the app:

5 Likes

We haven’t linked this issue directly to the TTS bug, but if you find it’s happening often, please open a #support topic so we can look into it. Cheers!

3 Likes

Thank you guys for the hard work! Just out of curiosity are you guys planning on bringing the other voices back eventually?