20.3 - Hotfix 2 for iOS ATC Issues

Today, we’re pushing a hotfix that addresses issues on iOS when interacting with ATC. We encourage all users to download the hotfix (20.03.04 on iOS) as soon as it’s available in the App Store.

This is the second hotfix for ATC issues after our original hotfix released last Friday, which aimed to fix crashes affecting many pilots and controllers. In today’s hotfix, we’ve taken some time to fix other ATC issues reported over the weekend, including app freezing when changing ATC frequency and disappearing ATC voices.

These issues were caused by a bug in Apple’s text-to-speech engine, which Infinite Flight uses for audible air traffic control commands.

We appreciate your patience while we worked on solving this and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Note: this hotfix is for iOS only. Android was not affected by this issue.

162 Likes

Troubleshooting

If you are still experiencing issues, please try the following:

• Go to iOS settings
  • Find the Accessibility → Spoken Content → Voices page
  • Ensure the voice “Alex” and “Samantha (Enhanced)” are both installed.

The bug in Apple’s text-to-speech engine may have caused these voices to have been uninstalled, and we suggest you reinstall these to get the best experience in Infinite Flight.

59 Likes

Thanks for the continuous work Cameron! #TeamInfiniteFlight

18 Likes

Thank you Cameron! 👏👏👏👏👏

7 Likes

Thanks for the hard work Cam much appreciated

5 Likes

Let’s hope this is the last one haha

31 Likes

Go Cameron! #winning! 💛🍪

7 Likes

Nice one, Cameron!

3 Likes

Thank you to the hole Infinite flight team 🤗

2 Likes

Thanks Cameron! And also the whole Infinite Flight team! 🤩 🍪🥛

3 Likes

Thank you Cameron!

4 Likes

Thanks for fixing it! :)

2 Likes

I noticed a bug where the SFX goes dead after disconnecting an audio Bluetooth device such as AirPods. This is an issue because I tried to listen to music in my phone and when the AirPods activated they connected to the iPad which is running IF and then after a short second, connected to my phone. After connecting to my phone I noticed that the SFX sounds completely vanished which can only be fixed if you restart IF. That means that you will have to finish your entire flight with SFX before you can be able to fix the sound, leading to an entire flight without hearing anything. ATC sound does not get affected by this, only SFX.

6 Likes

Thanks for the report, our beta team made us aware of this issue but we’ve been unable to find a cause in the past. We’ll take another look at it for the next major release

6 Likes

Thanks Cameron, enjoy your Wednesday! Happy Flying 😎🙌🏾✈️

2 Likes

Should we use only these voices at the moment?

2 Likes

We’ve limited it so you can only select those voices right now as they are confirmed to work correctly. We’ll add more once we have verified the issue with the Apple TTS engine is fixed. Thanks for understanding!

13 Likes

Thanks for the work on fixing, Cameron.

3 Likes

Thanks for your hard work on fixing this issue, Cameron! :D

1 Like