By now you are likely aware that we have launched an Open Beta program for our 20.2 release. This program has been broken down into phases to help developers identify bugs and issues based on a controlled scaling up of user activity. Phase 1 of this program is now complete and we are getting set to open up phase 2.
This portion of the program will be first-come, first-serve. Developers will set a cap of their choosing in the first portion of phase 2 and when this cap is reached, no more users will be permitted to join until the cap is raised again. Announcements about caps being raised will be posted on this topic and on our official open beta blog article.
The first portion will be for iOS, followed by a portion to Android. These exact caps and times will not be shared. Please keep your eyes on the blog for official information.
RULES FOR OPEN BETA TESTING
- Read all of these rules in their entirety.
- DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SEND DIRECT MESSAGES TO MODERATORS OR STAFF RELATING TO OPEN BETA. They will be ignored.
- The #open-beta category will be used for reporting issues but will be muted for all users by default. You may unmute it manually if you wish (follow the link to the category and use the bell icon to change notifications). Muted categories do not show up on the homepage or the list of categories in the menu.
- Read our About the Open Beta category topic VERY carefully, as well as any updates to the original post. This will tell you how to report issues.
- Issues we need you to report:
– Showstoppers (the app won’t work - you can’t use it as intended)
– Issues with user authentication, your account, missing subscriptions, forum linking, login, etc.
– Crashes (reproducible)
– Issues with new drone camera
– User Interface issues
– SERIOUS issues with aircraft, terrain, airports, etc*
- ALL irrelevant reports will be closed an unlisted without further communication. This is a huge job for staff and mods and unnecessary topics only add clutter. Please do not repost or DM staff/mods if this happens to you.
- Use the topic template when reporting issues. Improperly reported issues will be closed and unlisted.
- Do not ask for beta testing-related violations to be removed. Moderators will ignore these requests.
*Examples of serious aircraft issues:
- Backward flap
- Missing gear
Examples of non-serious aircraft issues:
- Issues with liveries
- Holes in fuselage
- Incorrect fuel burn
Sometimes it’s not that the issue isn’t serious for you as a user, but it’s not a showstopper and can be fixed in a future release. As such, please don’t report these.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?!
Please watch the official blog article for this information. A link will be provided. If you don’t see a link to sign up, that either means it isn’t ready yet or the cap has been reached and the link was removed.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES ⚠️
- iOS users will NOT be able to purchase subscriptions in the beta version of the app. To use Infinite Flight Pro in beta, you must already have an active subscription purchased in an App Store version of the app, and have the app installed prior to downloading from TestFlight. This beta program is not a way to try Infinite Flight Pro for free.
- Android users will be able to purchase a subscription in the beta version, however that new subscription will not work in versions prior to 20.2 (the system is not backward-compatible).
- If your subscription normally auto-renews, don’t worry; it will still auto-renew for you as this is handled by the stores.
For more information and context, you can also read staff and moderator replies in this thread.
SHARING AND DISCUSSING OPEN BETA
Feel free to share what you find in Phase 2 on social media, YouTube, etc. This phase is truly an open beta, although we would prefer that you share the good things and not the broken ones!