20.1 Update, experience feedback

Hi all,
Initial feedback from myself, really good, well done everyone.
A couple bits I would like to mentioned as there is always room from improvement, created an approach procedure to Ksfo 28L together with my flight plan using VNAV, well, initially worked quite good, then when you getting close and reducing speeds, extending flaps, the nose tends to go up a bit, therefore the VNAV drops down as it thinks you are climbing, for the next waypoint I’ve selected VS manually, after that was fine.

Perhaps I didn’t extend the flaps at right speeds, etc, would be interesting to see if someone else had the same experience.

Also, announcing missed approach button is missing when connected to approach, what’s the procedures from now on, do you request an approach again?

Cheers
Regards
Nuno

1 Like

Personally I’d just manually descend the plane, I’d always done that. It’ll help boost your skills as a pilot I think:p once you know your charts and STARs:p

1 Like

VNAV is more useful for tight altitude restrictions and RNAV approaches more than anything.

1 Like

VNAV would be more useful if we could use it for stepclimbs

4 Likes

Yup, my point is you can prepare for those descents in advance, knowing all the restrictions, and then fly manually.

1 Like

My app keeps cutting off can’t get past start up. I’m playing on iPad

1 Like

So your post is a little contusing. Could you post your FPL here and what altitudes you were using? We haven’t reported any issues during testing similar to what you are mentioning so it must be something on your end, which is fine, it’s just not a bug.

1 Like

Hi

Max altitude 22000, descent to 19000 next to KMER, then to 12000, then to 9000 and finally to 7000 when achieved the final approach pattern file.

1 Like

Had a few problems with a SID where some of my later waypoints were “in” the SID so my aircraft made a 180 in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, but I guess that was my fault. Haven’t tried Center yet as it wasn’t available. I love the B777 cockpit, the 737 one’s is nice too. The engine sound is just great. Flying my first long haul in the new 777 now

1 Like

Thanks, most effective way to figure this out is to share your replay then it’d be pretty easy to tell what was going on. You can share that with:

1 Like

Just upload the file, not sure why its saying on details of my flight " no flight plan filed", also when replay not showing all details of the auto pilot to see what I was doing…

Hope this helps
Regards
Nuno

1 Like

You need to share the link here it gives you for us to see it. The flight plan not showing in the replay is normal.

1 Like

Hi Trio, I think I got to the bottom of it by doing again the same flight plan.

So, when you at cruising altitude and let say you are 100 miles away of next waypoint with an altitude of 3000ft lower then cruising, VNAV will calculate the rate of descent, however, it doesn’t start to descend straight away because you are still miles away… only starts a descent when the system found an optimal rate of descent, that’s what I understand of the delay…

Therefore, on my initial post I mentioned the VNAV stopped, then I was clicking on it ON and OFF because I was expecting a descent straight away, and because that was not the case I thought I was doing something wrong or a bug in the software.

I guess I’m still on learning fase.
Cheers

1 Like

Yeah, there’s a counter in the navigation menu under VNAV when it’s activated that tells you when it will begin it’s descent.

1 Like

Well im glad the game no longer crashes. But was heartbroken to wake up to to my flight far past the destination 😂

1 Like

Whatsup guys, I’m happy there’s a topic here so I don’t have to create any more topics lol. Now 20.1 is working fine for me (I’m on an iPhone 6s) there’s still a bit of lag, or when I switch from cameras there’s a lag spike or it freezes maybe for a millisecond, it doesn’t go as smooth as first but it’s not something I’d complain about for now. I’m wondering if anyone else has these small issues too? Is it still because of the overloaded servers?

1 Like

Do youguys also get a lot of lagg on servers.!!!

1 Like

I’m playing Infinite flight on IPad and for some reason the app lags as today I tried to start a medium haul from Birmingham to Verona and It immediately lagged, but apart from that is project metal the developer tool for the game or is it going to be available for players?

1 Like

Yes I do get lag especially if I spawn at an airport nearer to Heathrow such as Birmingham as I spawned there today and then the app immediately crashed after I filed a flight plan.

1 Like

IF 20.1 is great I love it

How ever i am not having a great experience

Game crashes after 4 hours of flying
Lag
Freezing
So many more bugs
And more

1 Like