20.1 Question

Hey IFC.
I know the devs are very busy, amazing people, but 20.1 was announced as coming within this spring. Spring ended 24 days ago, so why hasn’t there been an update from staff explaining why it’s delayed until sometime this summer?
Thanks,
Hugh

1 Like

Devs don’t release when updates are gonna come. 🙃

1 Like

The last day of Spring is June 20th 🤨

11 Likes

Yes, I know. But there was something saying 20.1 would be released this spring. That would mean it’s nearly a month late. I know things can get delayed especially with the current situation, but I was thinking shoudn’t there be an announcement?

What? Spring ends on the 1st May?

Umm no lol, June 20th

1 Like

In America it ends on the 20th of June

2 Likes

And just the Northern Hemisphere in general

3 Likes

Hmm…
January = winter.
February = spring.
March = spring.
April = spring.
May = Summer.
June = summer.
3 months to a season.

1 Like

Wait - the seasons are different there?

:facepalm:, it’s more about actual geography and astronomy, not just 3 months to each

7 Likes

Never knew that, would have always considered May summer

Where do you live that it’s like that😂

2 Likes

Ireland (10 characters)

Did this turn into a weather season change thread?

2 Likes

Hello! This is an interesting question with multiple answers to it.

Northern Meteorological Seasons
Now, from a Meteorological standpoint, those numbers differ. In the Northern hemisphere, Spring runs from March 1st to May 31st.

Southern Meteorological Seasons
The Southern hemisphere is different again. Here, speaking from the Meteorological standpoint again, Spring runs from September 1st to November 30th.

Astronomical Standpoint
This is actually the most important one. From an Astronomical standpoint, Spring begins on the spring equinox which was on March 20th, 2020. It ends with the summer solstice which will be on June 20th, 2020. Of course that only counts for the Northern hemisphere. In the Southern hemisphere, Spring begins on September 22nd, 2020 and ends on December 21st, 2020.

So, what did we learn today? An awful lot about seasons. But what does that mean for 20.1? Well, absolutely nothing. The update will be ready when it’s ready. I’m sure we all would rather have developers making sure that the update is at the highest possible standard and instead of following meteorological and astrological rules of seasons. 20.1 will come. Have a bit more patience because from what we’ve seen so far, it’ll be worth it!

If anyone wants to learn more about seasons, please visit the website below, it’s very interesting. Thank you very much for attending this presentation, stay safe and take care.

34 Likes