2 years playing Infinite Flight

It’s finally here. As of the 15th of September 2020. I’ve finally been playing Infinite Flight for 2 whole years. I know that may not seem like a long time for many, I’m sure there’s people here with a lot more time. 😂😂 but allow me to explain why, to me. 2 years is so important to me. And will be every other year.

2018 was a horrific year for me. I moved to a new school where I didn’t know anyone, lost a lot a friends, and on top of all of that, in May of 2018 I lost my very own mother who died in a car accident… I was depressed, lost and at times, I didn’t even wanna live anymore. I got therapy, which didn’t help at all, in fact it made my situation even worse. But in September I found Infinite Flight, it looked interesting and fun. So I decided to give it a shot.

I started out without live. But eventually after saving up I payed for the one year subscription to live. I was delighted. It was one of few times in the year I was actually excited and happy. Immediately, I was addicted, I flew every day. 7 days a week. It wasn’t long until I was on Training Server, and was still flying very often. I did some Air Traffic Controlling too. Which was a lot of fun too. Now. I was no expert at Infinite Flight. In fact, I was terrible 😂 I’ve over 100 violations, which the majority I got within the first 6 months of playing IF, which I’m not proud of. But hey, it is what it is 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

When I finally got to ES. I wasn’t sure what to expect. At first I saw no difference between TS and ES. But I was soon brought right down to reality. As I got ghosted pretty quickly 😅🥴 (again, not my proudest moments) but when someone told me to check the IFC for tutorials, I was puzzled. What was this thing I’d never heard of? So I checked it out. And was amazed at what I found. It was like I stepped into a new world. Once again, I became addicted, I learned how to use proper procedures, communication with ATC, and so much more!! It wasn’t just stuff on Infinite Flight. The sheer amount of information I learned about aviation in general from people here, is incredible.

But the best thing I’ve been apart of and one of the main reasons I keep playing Infinite Flight is. The VA community. It’s just out of this world. The joy I’ve gotten from them. I’ve met so many new people, from all across the world. VAs bring so much to Infinite Flight. It’s unbelievable. So shout out to all the VAs I’m in or was once apart of;

@Garuda_Indonesia_VA
@AerLingusVA
@ANA_Virtual_Group
@norwegianairvirtual
@SwissVirtual
@ChinaAirlinesVirtual
And more, the people who work for these VAs and the pilots who fly for them are remarkable, I look forward to flying more for these VAs and talking to the members. And the IFVARB, the reason these VAs exist. Thanks to all of you for working hard while still having your own personal life to take care of. I know it’s hard. Which is why you deserve a huge round of applause 👏🏻

To the people I’ve met here. Thanks for the memories, I look forward to making more memories in the future! In particular I’d like to thank @Arish_Mehta, @Aviation-21, @DhruvChopra, @Marc_Gallagher, @Ryan_Gibb, @twig, @CaptainHugh and so much more!

Last but definitely not least, I’d like to thank the devs. You guys are the true heroes. Because without yous, none of this would ever be possible. You guys have worked hours on end to deliver us a beautifully well made game. If it wasn’t for you and the work you’ve put into Infinite Flight, I honestly don’t know where I’d be right now. You helped me through a dark time. Made me feel happy again, dare I say saved me. But it’s not just me, I know you’ve helped so many people in their lives, during their dark times. So be proud of yourself!! So to everyone that makes Infinite Flight be where it is today, thank you! You’re amazing group of people 👍👍😁

I can’t wait to continue learning, laughing and just straight out enjoying being apart of this amazing community.

Thank you,
Seán

42 Likes

Love you boo ❤️

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story, Sean. While we see many comments for hate against the IFVARB or sometimes even VA’s, it is awesome that you highlight all that these guys do. For those of you that do not know, being staff at a Virtual Airline is a lot of work, and most of the time this work goes unnoticed or is so tedious and small that you may not notice it. For example a small change in routes or airlines can sometimes take hours of work that only a quarter of the pilots may notice.

Thank you for sharing your Infinite Flight story and thank you for bringing attention to the wonderful organizations across the Infinite Skies.

Jarrett Schiedemeyer
President and Founder of CAVA

4 Likes

Glad to see you (always) in the ANVA skies. :)

2 Likes

What fatboy @Marc_Gallagher said 💚🤍🧡

1 Like

Of course 👍👍 as I am a staff member at GAVA, I know first hand what it is like, it can be hard, sometimes frustrating. But I and every other staff member do it to make everyone else’s experience 10 times better. So in a way. It’s worth it 😁😁👍

1 Like

Great Seán, love bro! ❤️

1 Like

Right back at ye mate 👍👍

1 Like

Seany! You sweet tounged devil you! You do make my time at the VA very interesting. All the love bro!

Live long and prosper 🖖🏻

2 Likes

Thank you Arish 😁😁

1 Like

Years ago, I also hadn’t heard of IFC either until ATC told me to check the forums, that was back in 2016 in April.

Like you I had also been addicted at the beginning of flying on multiplayer

2 Likes

Congrats on 2 years Sean!
You’re a proper sound man!

1 Like

Congrats on 2 years Se👀ny! Thanks for all the memories from GAVA, been an awesome time with you! You’re awesome man! ❤️❤️👀👀🍪

2 Likes

Thank you all 😁

1 Like