2 siblings kicked off Allegiant Airways flight miss chance to say their final goodbyes to their dying dad

http://www.flyertalk.com/articles/booted-from-allegiant-flight-sisters-miss-chance-to-say-goodbye-to-dying-dad.html This makes me so mad. Allegiant will NEVER get my business!

16 Likes

That is just terrible, it’s just not good.😕😣

19 Likes

What!!! That’s just… awful!

10 Likes

What a shame…

10 Likes

Yawn, there is no young children, the passengers were grown adults. They are expected to follow crewmember instructions.

While the incident is unfortunate, and I am sorry for the passengers’ loss, there is no place for disruptive behaviour onboard an aircraft. We only have the passenger’s side of a story, which is tainted with emotion, we need eyewitnesses, the danger of a single story is too great to regard this at the one and only truth.

41 Likes

Just about to comment this. They even admitted to violating rules themselves. While this is obviously a terrible circumstance, and I highly doubt they were a “threat” to the flight, they did violate rules and admitted to doing so. We don’t have the crews side of the story, so reacting to this at this current state is not wise and misinformed

11 Likes

They weren’t young children?

1 Like

Even if they weren’t young children, they still shouldn’t have been treated that way. But, if the seat next to the other sibling was available and nobody booked it, she should have been allowed to sit there given the circumstances.

2 Likes

100 percent agree.

5 Likes

They were youngish.

2 Likes

They were at least 40-50

1 Like

I showed this to my mom, she read it and said she disagrees with what the girls/woman were saying. That’s only because you’re not allowed to stand up while on the taxiway. I obviously feel their pain and are sorry for them, but I do agree with my mom a bit.

7 Likes

Did you read the article or just the headline?

2 Likes

I can understand their emotional state but that shouldn’t be an excuse to not follow rules on an airplane. These are mature adults we’re talking about and they should at least have the common sense to follow them. Very sorry for their loss though.

7 Likes

@Chad_Garnett exactly.

@RTG113 this is where you are both right and wrong. She is allowed to sit next to her sibling if the seat isn’t book, but that doesn’t mean she’s allowed disobey the rules and get out of her seat while the Aircraft is on the Taxiway.

3 Likes

I would have sued allegiant and I bet they probably will sooner or later

1 Like

Unbelievable unacceptable out of proportion and the airline sucks for that

1 Like

They still disobeyed the rules of basic Airline Travel.

5 Likes

The article is wrong Allegiant does not operate at Orlando International Airport. They only operate from the Sanford International Airport in the greater Orlando area. I would know, that’s my home airport.

5 Likes

I say put them on the no-fly list for 1yr.

No plane for you!

3 Likes