1st flight of Summer 2024!

Well, schools out again ๐ŸŽ‰ and since now itโ€™s summer ๐Ÿ๏ธโ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ‰, that means I will be doing lots of flying and more trips along the way with my very anticipated Maldives ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ๏ธ trip soon! But weโ€™re not quite there yet, now โ€œhow did I start the summer?โ€ Last year I flew from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ด to Cali, Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด originally I was going to fly to CLO from my IF base of Miami ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž but couldnโ€™t due to an barbers appointment and today I didnโ€™t have anything booked but still didnโ€™t want to do MIA โ†’ CLO since A, I flew it last Sunday for the Miami fly out event and B it was too basic but instead of doing a basic route, I wanted to do a fun one, And so I decided to try another fairly short transatlantic flight since I rarely do those but when I do, I generally enjoy them now New York JFK ๐Ÿ—ฝ๐ŸŽ to London Heathrow, UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡งโ˜•๏ธ was way to basic and I wanted to do one that involves JetBlue, an airline using A321s across the pond, all their other transatlantic flights have widebody alternatives but I wanted to fly to their newest transatlantic offering,

Edinburgh, Scotland ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ

Now Delta also serves EDI but using Boeing 767s and I wanted to fly a narrow body to see how it would go so I went with JetBlue and I got some shots from this flight which Iโ€™ll hope you enjoy!

FLIGHT INFO

Origin: John F. Kennedy Intl ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ (KJFK)
Destination: Edinburgh ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ (EGPH)
Flight Time: 6:03
Airbus A321-200 (JetBlue)
Server: Expert

Welcome to JFKs terminal 5 which serves as JetBlues home here and is also home to the famous TWA hotel which was TWAs former terminal here at JFK until they ceased operations in 2001, but gate 9 is where our Airbus A321 was waiting for us getting ready for its hop across the pond to Scotland ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ but letโ€™s waste no time and get on our way!

Thereโ€™s no better way to kick of the summer ๐Ÿ๏ธโ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ‰ than with a smooth departure!

Till the next time NYC! ๐Ÿ—ฝ๐ŸŽ, Edinburgh here we come!

I initially climbed all the way up to FL350 but the plane started shaking, I checked if it was turbulence but it wasnโ€™t so I descended down to FL310 for the first half before climbing back to FL350 for the rest of our transatlantic journey, This shot was taken by my friend from Las Vegas ๐ŸŽฐโญ๏ธ who isnโ€™t the most intelligent guy out there but itโ€™s whatever but hey look below, itโ€™s Boston! ๐Ÿ‘‹

JetBlue Airways flight 73 is flying at an altitude of 31,000ft in the middle of the North Atlantic on its flight from New York City ๐Ÿ—ฝ๐ŸŽ over to Edinburgh, Scotland ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ inside the cabin it is quiet, dark and peaceful. What could go wrong?

Absolutely nothing! ๐Ÿ‘

The first signs of dawn came just a bit off the coast of Iceland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ and I was right, everything went fine! But everybody will be waking up soon as we get closer and closer to Edinburgh!

As the sun had fully rose, we FINALLY got out first sight of land after 5 hours of flying down below us ladies and gentlemen is the wonderful country of Ireland! ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช

We soon began our descent into Edinburgh just between Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช and Scotland ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ and here we are turning northbound heading directly towards the Scottish capital!

Apparently, Scotland ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ is also big for aviation so some spotters got up on this bright, beautiful morning to spot out arrival from JFK and who ever took this, did an EXCELLENT job! ๐Ÿ‘

After 6 hours and 3 minutes, we have finally made it to Edinburgh, Scotland! ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ we parked into gate 1 this morning and everybody seemed to be happy to be here including myself as Summer 2024 ๐Ÿ๏ธโ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ‰ is officially here and itโ€™s time to begin a new season for new trips and much more, stay tuned for the beginning of the Maldives ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ๏ธ trip with a long haul flight on a new airline which will be exciting and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘‹

11 Likes

That is a super cool route. I did not know JetBlue flew that route. I will have to do it sometime soon.

2 Likes

They recently started it

1 Like

Yeah too bad we arenโ€™t getting the A321Neo! would be perfect for this.

2 Likes