19JUL20 / 2300Z - United Across the Ocean! @ KEWR

United Across the Ocean! | 19JUL20 / 2300Z
Presented by @Gtmkm98 and @Anthony_Williams
Time for you - 2020-07-19T23:00:00Z

With the help of my friend @Anthony_Williams, I am excited to bring this great group flight to the IFC! Although the flight may seem boring with over fourteen hours over the sea, the approach into Cape Town says it all - it’s gonna be worth it!

New York - Newark Airport is one of the main hubs of United Airlines, with destinations all around the world. Nestled in the middle of busy Newark, New Jersey, this airport is the ultimate airport! With three runways, several terminals, and plenty of space to enjoy yourself, this airport is sure to please anybody!

Flight Description

We will be using the Newark Four departure out of Newark, which means we will make an s-bend as we climb and eventually turn towards our destination. Following the coast of Long Island, as we climb, we will see New York City, Hempstead, Medford, Southampton, and leave the peninsula by Montauk.
We will spend several hours over the Atlantic Ocean, eventually reaching Mauritania and the Sahara Desert. We will slowly transition to grassier land as we pass over Bamako, the capital of Mali. We will once again leave the bulge of Africa near Accra, the capital of Ghana.
We will then turn southeast and cross right over the junction of the Equator and Prime Meridian. After a turn to the south-southeast, we will reach land again near Namibe, Angola.
We will pass over land until we reach the Skeleton Coast National Park in Namibia. At that point, we will once again leave the continent.
We will have a view of the coast as we continue our journey south, finally starting our descent.
Our descent is rather eventless until we reach the region of southwestern South Africa. At that point, we will start our final descent surrounded by either city, mountains, or ocean. Regardless, we will be in for a beautiful landing.
We will end the flight off by landing and making our mark on Screenshots and Videos, so bring your best butter!

Rules:

• Maintain roughly 10 nm of separation between pilots
  • Be sure to conduct yourself properly, the Community is watching!
  • ATC may be featured at either of our airports, so follow their requests if so. If not, then please respect Unicom.
  • I am not responsible for any reports, violations, or any of their relatives if you misbehave, so keep your act straight!
Fundamentals:
  • Aircraft - United 789
  • Cruising Speed - Mach 0.85
  • Cruising Altitude - FL320, potential step climb up to ≤ FL420
  • Flight Plan - Copy Our Flight Plan!
  • Route - KEWR - FACT

Gates
Gate Pilot
130A @Anthony_Williams
132W @Gtmkm98
134W @andyyy
135W @Udeme_Ekpo
136W @MattyTH
138W @Pilot_Felix lot
128W @Bobby_Burg
126W
125W
123W
122W
120W

Come on for a great thrilling flight, you will definitely love it!

Source: Cape Town Airport

4 Likes

Let’s get those signups rolling!

130A my friend, can’t wait, soooo excited.

1 Like

Yes sir, come on down! Next contestant…?

What server is it in?

and also time in zulu?

It is on ES.

1 Like

Zulu is 2300.

2 Likes

Can you put me on TBD?

Sure, I’ll put you in a hold room!

1 Like

Hi, lovely event you have here, it looks like your title tho is incorrect, simply format it like this

18APR20 / 1900Z - Good Old Times @ KNUC to KLAS

Also take a look here

Sounds great sign me up! I’ll take any gate, doesn’t really matter. I’m from South Africa, great to see events heading down there!

1 Like

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Does it matter which gate? I’ll take whatever. What’s the Zulu time, I couldn’t seem to find it in the post.

I might join… I’ll remember about it

No, I put you down. It is at 2300Z.

Long time no see, old friend! I’ll put you in a holding spot!

1 Like

Great, thank you!

1 Like

No problem!

If my calculations are correct, this should be 4pm Los Angeles time, right?