IFATC members will staff the following frequencies from 2021-05-18T18:00:00Z to 2021-05-18T20:00:00Z on the Expert server:
- LZTT tower - @Sebastien_Cartier
- Bratislava Center - @Jakub_Astary (acting as approach and departure for LZTT*)
- Praha, Warszawa, Budapest Centers - @Speedbird222
Join us at the highest located airport in Central Europe and enjoy the beautiful approach next to the High Tatras with full ATC service!
- London Luton (EGGW), Wizz Air A320/A321, flight time 2 hours
- Riga (EVRA), Air Baltic Dash 8, flight time 1:50 hour
Wizz Air Virtual pilots will get a 1.5x multiplier for flying into or out of Poprad! If you’re interested in joining and discovering more stunning airports like this, you can learn more about the VA here: Wizzair Virtual | Wizz Through The Skies | Official Thread
- Burgas (LBBG), flight time 1:35h
- Antalya (LTAI), flight time 2:20h
- Podgorica (LYPG), flight time 1:20h
- Tel Aviv (LLBG), flight time 3:15h
- Tirana (LATI), flight time 1:30h
- Kiev (UKBB), flight time 1:15h
- Warsaw (EPWA), flight time 50 minutes
- Bratislava (LZIB), flight time 35 minutes
- Prague (LKPR), flight time 55 minutes
Runway 27 in use.
The largest aircraft allowed into Poprad is the B767.
Please tune into tower before starting up the engines, so if needed the controller can ask you to hold position due to the airport layout.
Request departure from the gate with your engines running and ready to go, tower will either give you a:
- Hold position command (you should stay parked at your gate awaiting further instructions)
- Or a continue taxi command (you should taxi to the runway and hold short)
Expect a takeoff clearence prior to reaching the hold short bar. Depart as quickly as possible.
Land normally and backtaxi the runway as quickly as possible.
Leave the runway and taxi to the gates expeditiously.
*Center acting as approach - what to expect?
Due to the absense of an approach frequency at LZTT, the Bratislava Center controller will provide approach service to LZTT. Once you’re below FL180, you can request an approach normally like if you were on approach frequency and the controller will provide you with vectors to final.
We’re looking forward to seeing you there!