18JUL20 / 2100Z - Gatwick Airport Flyout to Mauritius @ EGKK to FIMP

Welcome to London Gatwick Airport

Gatwick is the second-busiest airport by passenger traffic in the UK, after Heathrow and the ninth-busiest airport in Europe!
As of 2020 Gatwick is the busiest airport in the world to operate only one runway with a passenger use of 46.5 million at the end of 2019.
With some of the biggest airlines operating out this airport such as British Airways, EasyJet, Emirates and TUI (etc), the airport has been almost out of use due to the COVID-19 pandemic with hundreds of aircraft sat on the ground out of use.

I think it is time we gave Gatwick a bit of Infinite Flight love and operate a huge fly out to using the long-haul aircraft the airport used to operate on a daily basis!!

That being said, this event will give Gatwick the chance to operate to its full capacity using its single runway operations flying to the beautiful island of Mauritius.

Why Mauritius?πŸ‡²πŸ‡Ί

πŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊAccording to SkyScanner there are currently 7 flights a week that operate to MRU, with the two dominating airlines being TUI and British Airways!

πŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊThe attraction of tourism to Mauritius is immense with the island having stunning views, crystal clear waters and a great historical background it is more than the perfect luxurious holiday destination for any traveller

πŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊThe island is located in the Indian Ocean around 1,200 miles off the South East coast of Africa with the capital being located on mainland Mauritius, Port Luis

πŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊWith this Mauritius is one of the most well known and popular scuba diving destinations in the world, due to its access to a whole new world of marine life, coral reefs and ship wrecks that date back to the 18th and 19th centuries

πŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊThis destination sees over 1.3 million tourists each year, and the numbers are growing!!

I think Mauritius and Gatwick needs to be celebrated in infinite flight don’t you?

diving-in-mauritius
πŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊSo what are you waiting for? Pack your flight bags and join me on this epic flight using a TUI 787 or British Airways 777-200ER, the views will stun you on final approach after this 12 hour flight! πŸ‡²πŸ‡Ί

Sponsor for this Event

I am proud to say my favourite Virtual Airline, and one I have been a member of for 2 years, @TuiVirtual , is our sponsor for this event!!

TUIVA is probably one of the best VA’s I have been apart of, and if you can put yourself in a TUI 787 for the 12 hour flight it would be great to get the TUI colours flying again out of its main hub LGW, to one of its most favoured long-haul destinations, Mauritius!!

Lets see those TUI colours flying!! (If you prefer BA 777-200ER Thats fine too!!)

Event Details

Server: Expert

Airport: London Gatwick Airport - EGKK

Date: 18th July 2020

Time: 2100 Zulu - Pushback will be 30 minutes after event start

NOTAMS: Please read through EGKK Airport charts , Runway in use will be utilised on the day, either being 26L/08R (Weather Dependent).

FIMP is a fairly small airport with 16 gates available for the 787/777 to park, therefore, depending on numbers please be patient on landing, taxi-way holding may have to be put in effect (again depending on numbers), please see FIMP Airport charts for more details.
Finally, IFATC is not expected on the day.

Other than that, have fun and I really hope we get some good numbers attending for this amazing flight!! Enjoy✈️

Note Flight Plan will be available, and posted here on the day of event!!

Gate Assignments

Please reply to this thread with the following details: Gate, Aircraft, Pilot/Callsign - I will then put your name in the gate requested below.

North Terminal Gates
Gate Aircraft Airline Pilot / Callsign
Gate 46 788 TUIVA @Fynlay_Davies
Gate 47 789 TUIVA @Declan_Blowes
Gate 48 788 TUI @Tsumia
Gate 49 788 TUIVA @JustinG
Gate 50 789 TUI @Liam_Gardener
Gate 51 789 TUI @Infiniteflightuk2
Gate 52 789 TUIVA @Will_King2 (Event Host)
Gate 53 789 TUI @kieran464
Gate 54 788 TUIVA @Dreadjack888
Gate 561 788 TUIVA @Hari
2B Gate 563 β€” β€” β€”
2B Gate 566 β€” β€” β€”
2B Gate 568 β€” β€” β€”
2B Gate 571 β€” β€” β€”
2B Gate 573 β€” β€” β€”
2B Gate 111 β€” β€” β€”
2B Gate 102 β€” β€” β€”

South Terminal
Gate 13 772 BA @VH-VCQ
Gate 15 β€” β€” β€”
Gate 17 β€” β€” β€”
Gate 19 β€” β€” β€”
Gate 21 β€” β€” β€”
Gate 23 β€” β€” β€”
Gate 25 β€” β€” β€”
Gate 27 β€” β€” β€”
Gate 31 β€” β€” β€”
Gate 32 β€” β€” β€”
Gate 33 β€” β€” β€”
Gate 34 β€” β€” β€”
Gate 35 β€” β€” β€”
Gate 36 β€” β€” β€”
Gate 37 β€” β€” β€”
Gate 38 β€” β€” β€”

Remote Gates
Remote Gate 41 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 43 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 130 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 131 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 133 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 134 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 135 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 140 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 141 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 142 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 143 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 144 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 145 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 150 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 151 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 152 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 153 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 160 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 170 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 171 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 172 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 173 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 174 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 175 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 176 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 177 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 178 β€” β€” β€”
Remote Gate 180 β€” β€” β€”

More Gates can be added Depending on Popularity of Event!!

Special thanks to @Declan_Blowes for helping me create my very first event thread for IFC!!

3 Likes

First sign up: I’ll take gate 46 (north terminal) Tui B788 callsign will probably be TUIVA189

1 Like

Pls can I take Gate 46 mauritius obvs 789?

Thanks for the plugin πŸ˜„

1 Like

I’ll go for:

Gate: 47 (north)
Aircraft: B788 Tui
Pilot: Justin Grimm
Callsign: TUIVA190

1 Like

Quick memo: TUI only uses the north terminal in LGW with BA in the South πŸ™ƒ

I’ll take whatever gate in the North Terminal with the TUI 788 πŸ˜‰

1 Like

Great will put you in gate 46!!! Thanks for the sign up πŸ€ͺ✈️

Haha no worries!! It will have to be gate 47 !!788 or 789 whatever you feel is good ✈️

Haha yeah I know thought I’d chuck a few extra gates (hoping numbers will increase) ✈️
Gate 48 it is πŸ˜‰ Thanks for the sign up !!

1 Like

Any is good!

1 Like

Gate 50 - 789 - Tui

Many thanks :)

1 Like

Gate 50 coming up!! Thanks for joining ✈️

1 Like

Hey please can I have a gate? πŸ˜„
I’m very experienced with this route as I’ve flown it many times in real life and in infiniteflight.
I’d also be cool as I’m from Mauritius as well!

1 Like

Ah amazing!! I am a big fan of this route and have flown it many times with TUI!!! And My Uncle is from MRU😁 An amazing place!!
Gate 51 coming right up! TUI 789 Ok for you ?

1 Like

Yeah! Can’t wait!

1 Like

Perfect all done!! Should be a good event!! Hopefully we will get a few more signing up ✈️

Such a hard decision between the 772 BA or 789 for TUI😬Do i stay loyal, add variety to the event and have the animated cockpit with the 772 . ORR do i fly the dreamliner, which i haven’t flown in ages n keep the tui theme going? Please surprise me!!

2 Likes

The surprise is… It’s got to be the TUI 789!! Especially as you haven’t flown it in a while ✈️
Gate 53 coming right up!! Thanks for singing up!! Hopefully should be a great event!! 😁

1 Like

To this please:

1 Like

Thanks Will! Can’t wait!

1 Like

Hey yes of course!! I will put you at South Terminal gate 13 as you are the first BA ✈️ Hopefully we will get some more BA sign ups! If not I will move you to get 54 nearer to the event time 😁 Thanks for the sign up !!