18DEC20 / 2330Z: The Final Countdown | Farewell @KSFO - @VOBL

Unfortunately, the time has come. The final countdown begins. As some of you already know, I’ve left a note on my profile stating my resignation from my CEO position of my VA & inactivity from IFC. This is the final IFC event I will ever create. However, while it’s the final countdown to my leave, it’s also a countdown to a hopefully bright 2021! With that, I & the co-hosts of this event would like to present to you: San Francisco - Bengaluru!

Co-hosts & leads: @ran, @Mukundan_Srivatsa, @MJP_27, @USA_ATC, @Huzefa_Bohri, & @PocketRishi

Server: Expert
SFO - BLR Flight Time: 17 Hours 30 Minutes
SFO Departure Time: 2020-12-18T23:30:00Z

Co-hosts will not be responsible for any violations or ghosts received during the course of this event.

Please spawn in about 20 minutes before the event.
Do not attempt to pushback at the same time as the person beside you.
If ATC is present, follow all ATC instructions.
Respect IFATC or UNICOM at all times.
Please look at the Airport Charts & Runway Config. Information to be better prepared for the event.

KSFO Airport Chart & Runway Configuration

San Francisco International Airport is the largest airport in the Bay Area. With numerous flights to Europe & Asia, it’s a hub for United Airlines & Alaska Airlines. The SFO terminal being used for this event is Concourse G, the International Terminal for Star Alliance members that fly to San Francisco. Cargo gates & Maintenance Gates have been added in this event.

San Francisco Airport has 2 sets of parallel runways that intersect each other. Runways are 1L/19R, 19L/1R, 28L/10R, & 10L/28R. The most frequently used runways are 1L, 1R, 28L, & 28R, with most heavies departing & arriving on the 28s.

VOBL Airport Chart & Runway Configuration

Kempegowda International Airport is a fully solar-powered airport serving the major tech hub of Bengaluru. It is a hub for IndiGo, AirAsia India, & Alliance Air. The international terminal is being used currently in this event. Remote gates & several domestic gates have been included to accommodate traffic.

Bengaluru has 2 parallel runways. These runways are 09R/27L & 09L/27R.

An Important Message From @ran

Alright, you might be wondering, what’s message? Well, I wanted to share a message. Here goes:

When I first joined the IFC back in September 2019, it was quite an exciting time because the moment I found it, I wanted to be an active part of the community & share the love for aviation that we all do. At first, I was probably the most inexperienced person at using the IFC, but with a helpful community, I was finally able to understand the dynamics here.

Fast forward to October 2019, I went for my first plane spotting session after noticing @Luke’s topic over here. I even started to apply for VAs to fly & have fun with fellow pilots, having only flown 1 time for 1 VA before it, unfortunately, closed down. At the same time, I was working with a friend on creating an Asiana VA, but left when I learned that ANA Virtual was available. Applied in November 2019 (Today, in fact :) & the rest is history! December 2019 was an amazing month & I began settling down into the IFC.

-----2020-----

2020 came along & I attended my first event, hosted by @Will_A at EGLL, I enjoyed the event a ton! A few weeks later, ANA Virtual was approved. Ever since then, we’ve been working hard & I definitely thank all the pilots, staff, & IFC for the support, especially with my minimal experience. Unfortunately soon after, the pandemic came, but that also meant more of meeting people & uh… getting into a few fights. I specifically apologize to @GlobalFlyer1 & @Thunderbolt as well as any others that I may have fought with over several matters. I hope we can put matters aside.

2020 has been a crazy year. I’ve met so many people during lockdown. I remember flying with folks, playing skribbl, talking about our lives in general, music, whatever you can think about. I’ve also been able to collaborate with so many people on so many events, especially with SAV & as a mentor to OZVA. We have had fights, we have laughed, we have cried, but in the end, we all love aviation. That’s for sure! Just a month ago, something terrible happened that you may have never seen me again, but you all are freakin’ amazing & have helped me get back on my feet.

I never expected that I’d become regular one day, but I’m quite grateful that I’ve been able to help the IFC in any way that I can. I know I sort of blasted @jasonrosewell (I know I shouldn’t tag staff, but…) back in September & I’m very sorry about that. I’m also glad that from that topic, a civilized discussion took place & now the IFC & IF are at a much better position that before, getting better everyday. Just goes to show that while many of us have different opinions (In the US, a divided nation), the community does so much more together. We are United (If you got my poor joke, yay :)

I thank everyone for an amazing experience. While I’m sort of exiting the IFC (I’m still going to be active on social media), I know there will be people who’ll come along & go. I hope to become part of the glorious future the IFC is headed for someday.

The One & Only,
@ran

Now let’s enjoy this event :D

You are free to choose either the Air India 777-200LR, Air India 777-300ER, or United 787-9 for the flight from SFO-BLR. Please comment airline/aircraft type below while signing up.

San Francisco - Bengaluru Gates (41 attendees currently)
Gates Airline Aircraft Destination Name Notes
G91 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @BritishAirways001
G92 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Canadian_Aviator
G93 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @ran
G94 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Henry
G95 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @ItsBlitz
G96 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @PocketRishi Deadheading to Seattle if necessary
G97 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Aviation108
G98 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Jennifer23
G99X United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Mafiaviation
G100 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @SpecialUrchin68
G101 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Captain-787
G101A/B United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @MJP_27
G102 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @KCAviation
G103 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Stellar_G
G104 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Pingu
G105 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @SB110
Maintenance Apron North 02 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Flightistic
Maintenance Apron North 03 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @AGSilver_04
Maintenance Apron North 04 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Huzefa_Bohri
Maintenance Apron North 05 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Mukundan_Srivatsa
Maintenance Apron North 06 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @USA_ATC
Maintenance Apron North 41-08 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Pilot_Felix
Maintenance Apron North 41-09 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Half-Aviation
Maintenance Apron North 41-10 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Airliner
Maintenance Apron North 41-15 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Tomato_Blast
Maintenance Apron North 41-16 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Sanchayan_Chakma
Maintenance Apron North 41-19 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @aryachopra
Maintenance Apron North 41-21 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Nee
Maintenance Apron North 41-22 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @CaptainZac
Maintenance Apron North 41-23 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) @KIND9624
Cargo Apron 9-03 Air India B777-200LR VOBL (Bengaluru)
Cargo Apron 9-04 United B787-9 VOBL (Bengaluru) @nolan_brant12
Cargo Apron 9-05 United B787-9 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Captainflight
Cargo Apron 9-08 Air India B777-300ER VOBL (Bengaluru) @Samit16
Cargo Apron 9-09 Air India B777-300ER VOBL (Bengaluru) @Ainesh_Kumar
Cargo Apron 11-02 United B787-9 VOBL (Bengaluru) @YC-International
Cargo Apron 11-03 United B787-9 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Infinite_Ec
Terminal 3 Gate F81 Air India B777-300ER VOBL (Bengaluru) @Skytrail
Terminal 3 Gate F83 United B787-9 VOBL (Bengaluru) @Adhan
Terminal 3 Gate F85 Air India B777-300ER VOBL (Bengaluru) @Leron_Gundlur
Terminal 3 Gate F87 Air India B777-300ER VOBL (Bengaluru) @Dip_Prajapati
Terminal 3 Gate F89 Air India B777-200LR VOBL (Bengaluru) @Vishark107

Rate this event! 1 being terrible, 10 being awesome :)

0 voters

30 Likes

First! Its really sad to see you go Ran and i wish you the best in the future!
Can i take this?

3 Likes

New Signups:

@Canadian_Aviator, thank you so much! You most definitely can have this, you’ve been signed up for G92 :D

2 Likes

Will take this gate!

4 Likes

New Signups:

@Henry, you’ve been signed up for G94. Once again, glad to have collaborated with you & Vistara Virtual!

Likes limit :(

3 Likes

Can I take this gate sad to see you leave :(

1 Like

New Signups:

@BritishAirways001, I know it’s sad, but I know you all will help take the IFC to the next level :D
You’ve been signed up for G91!

3 Likes

Sign me up, any gate for SFO-VOBL. Thanks

1 Like

New Signups:

@ItsBlitz, sure! You’ve been signed up for G95!

3 Likes

Could I please reserve a gate out of San Francisco?

If need be, I am more than happy to move over to the Seattle convoy.

6 Likes

New Signups:

@PocketRishi, definitely! You’ve been signed up for G96, with a note for deadheading to Seattle convoy.

3 Likes

Can I have SEA-BLR please?

3 Likes

New Signups:

@Ethan_Lee1, sure! You’ve been signed up for S1, I know you’ll enjoy this route :D

2 Likes

Yesss, now we can see the Seattle joining graphic ran will post

6 Likes

Will take a gate from KSFO TO BENGALURU

2 Likes

G97 United B789 VOBL (Bengaluru) Please :3

1 Like

hey is it okay if you can hold gate S7 at Seattle for Bengaluru. I’m going to try my best to make it, I just have to see for sure, but if you could hold it, that would be great!

1 Like

AA New Signups:

@AlaskaAirfireball111, sure! You’ve been signed up for S7, I can hold it for ya :)

UA New Signups:

@Jennifer23, @Krsh7, @SpecialUrchin68, you all have been signed up via IFC/PM. Please make sure to check your gate assignments (@Krsh7 = G97, @Jennifer23 = G98, @Specialurchin68 = G100)

2 Likes

G97 and G98 for San Francisco to Bengaluru please for me and Jen

1 Like

lol too late moderators…

Anyways, you’ve already been signed up with @Jennifer23!

1 Like