17APR21 / 1900Z - Flash Flight: Retro Skies in the South @ FAOR

Welcome to the first Flash Flight of this weekend, and of our 10th-anniversary celebrations! We’ll be hitting the skies of South Africa in the Infinite Flight Retro MD-11, a unique and fun aircraft to fly. We introduced this livery with the addition of the MD/DC 10/11 aircraft into the simulator, and it has gone on to be one of the most popular Infinite Flight liveries we have.

For today’s flight, we will fly from Johannesburg to Cape Town, two cities with an active and busy air connection. You don’t need to fly the retro MD-11, and you can take part with any aircraft you want, however, we suggest taking part in the theme of the event!

These events can lead to amazing photos, and the best shots from this event will be retweeted on Twitter and posted on Instagram!. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use the hashtag #infiniteflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Specifics

Origin Airport Destination Airport Suggested Aircraft Suggested Airline Flight Duration STAR
FAOR FACT MD11 Infinite Flight Retro 2h ERDA1B

FAOR 2648S/2712E UTEBA APMIN EVESI EGNOM 3242S/2008E NOKOX CSV FACT

Event Hours:

Begin - Saturday 17th April @ 19:00 ZULU

End - Saturday 17th April @ 21:00 ZULU

April 17, 2021April 17, 2021

51 Likes

Nice! The Infinite Flight retro livery is very nice

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see a great amount retro liveries in this flight :)

3 Likes

I would be able to make it, but considering hundreds will be there, I am expecting at least an hour delay, so i won’t be there. Have fun everyone and glad to see the MD11 getting some love!

3 Likes

Will this be streamed on twitch?

1 Like

Wow let’s goooooo. Unfortunately I have a event to attend at 3 or i would of been there

1 Like

Let’s do it!!

1 Like

Awesome event. Its unfortunate I wont be able to make it however I hope all of you have a great flight.

Edit: My device needs a rest after 10+ hours of flying from KJFK to HECA

2 Likes

Don’t worry, we’ll have more tomorrow for those who can’t attend today!

19 Likes

ill be there!!!

1 Like

Very nice, already, I made it to the game for Infinite Flight - retro MD-11 from Helsinki to Johannesburg then and again back to Helsinki also non-stop to continue took 19+ hours around last in March 2021.

2 Likes

Currently enroute from KJFK-HECA so will miss this one. Will tune into Twitch tho (if theres a stream?) just before I begin preparation for the arrival ✈ enjoy the flight guys!

2 Likes

Just checked the Twitch calendar and there’s no stream today. Tomorrow it shows one though at 2pm EST

3 Likes

I am live on twitch on the controlling end if anyone wants to watch! I am staffing the center frequencies of South Africa!

2 Likes

Any specific gates to start at???

1 Like

Darn it! A retro flash flight and I have en event while the flight is in-progress! 😡😂

Hope that y’all have fun, but I won’t be able to make this one.

1 Like

Bet we’ll see some insanely sick shots of this flight! 🔥

1 Like

FACT has a limited amount of gates and based on the amount of planes at FACT does anyone know what will happen at FACT if all the gates are in use?

1 Like

I want to participate but I’m going to DNMM . Good flights to you

1 Like