172 Rework: Blog Article

Pilots!

Since we attended Oshkosh, the news has leaked out about our latest GA rework. Laura has also been spotted flying the 172 for testing. For those speculating that the 172 is indeed our latest GA rework, you are correct!

Let’s address the elephant in the room by answering these three questions right out of the gate:

Q: When will it be released?
A: Since we don’t set deadlines for our developers, we don’t set release dates. We’ll keep you posted on our developer timeline and social media.

Q: Why are you delaying the A350 and B777?
A: We’re not. More in the blog post!

Q: Will the 172 be free?
A: At least to some degree, yes? This decision hasn’t been made yet. We may follow the same path as the XCub where a version of it will be free with the app. We’ll update you when we know more.

For more information, please feel free to read the following blog article. To help the discussion along, I would encourage you to read the article in its entirety. A lot of confusion can be cleared up simply by reading! I’ll try to answer questions if I can.

186 Likes

Thank you for the update and for the aircraft information!

11 Likes

Nice blog post! Thanks for the update, the Timeline was getting kinda dry

Edit: Hope a VOR navigation tutorial comes out!

10 Likes

Wow! Can’t wait for this aircraft. Such an icon in the app!

3 Likes

aaaaaaa that translates to yay

2 Likes

GA is getting so much attention lately. TBM, XCub, now the C172. That’s amazing to see. It’s also nice that you haven’t forgotten about your „legacy“ aircrafts. It’s always cool to get new stuff in the game, but it’s also great to see old stuff getting refurbished. I’m looking forward to use this GA classic. Thank you for the update Jason!

30 Likes

Thank you for the update Jason 👍🏽 This looks awesome

1 Like

I’m really excited for this one :)

Very much thrilled to have this reworked. This is the aircraft that nearly everyone begins their journey within Infinite Flight and in real life with, so having an update to it will surely demonstrate what the team is capable of delivering.

3 Likes

So excited for the C172!

2 Likes

Gassed heavily

4 Likes

Ever since I started flight school (in a way) The C172 has become my go to aircraft for flying GA and hearing this news from the devs is very exciting to me thank you so much for all the work you do

2 Likes

Nice post! Very excited for this!

3 Likes

Absolutely incredible!

Thanks devs so much for giving my favourite GA a live cockpit!

7 Likes

so when is it released?

3 Likes

Whaaat, I was not expecting this. Thank you dev team! Can’t wait to fly this.

5 Likes

Read the post.

11 Likes

Oh yes!! Skks

2 Likes

Oh man, this is going to be a great one. The 172 is a great beginners aircraft and improving it in the sim will only prove more useful to real 172 pilots in real life. It’s crazy how useful a mobile flight simulator can be as it is so close to real thing! Looking forward to this one for sure!

3 Likes

Thank you Kanye, very very cool!

5 Likes