16MAY20 / 2300Z - Stunning Saturdays! | Vol. 2 @ KPHX

Welcome to my Stunning Saturday event series! This series is intended to go around the world searching for the most Stunning locations! This series was made so we can All have fun and explore new stunning locations!
This series is intended to have a single route for each and every event!
I hope that you will have fun, and without further to do, I introduce you to our first stunning location… The beautiful

Antelope Canyon!

Antelope Canyon, Arizona

Antelope Canyon is a slot canyon in the American Southwest, on Navajo land east of Page, Arizona. It includes two separate, scenic slot canyon sections, referred to as Upper Antelope Canyon (or The Crack), and Lower Antelope Canyon (or The Corkscrew).

The Navajo name for Upper Antelope Canyon is Tsé bighánílíní , which means ‘the place where water runs through rocks’. Lower Antelope Canyon is Hazdistazí (called “Hasdestwazi” by the Navajo Parks and Recreation Department), or ‘spiral rock arches’. Both are in the LeChee Chapter of the Navajo Nation.

Fun Facts

• Antelope Canyon is a slot canyon located on Navajo land east of Page, Arizona,United States.

• A slot canyon is a narrow canyon, formed by the wear of water rushing through rock. A slot canyon is significantly deeper than it is wide.

• The mysterious and beautiful Antelope Canyon is one of the most spectacular slot canyons in the world .

• It is sculpted into beautiful undulating curves and hollows that vary from one to 3 meters (3.2 to 9.8 feet) wide and up to 50 meters (164 feet) deep .

• Antelope Canyon includes two separate, scenic slot canyon sections , referred to individually as Upper Antelope Canyon and Lower Antelope Canyon .

• Upper Antelope Canyon is more popular for two reasons . First, its entrance and entire length are at ground level, requiring no climbing. Second, beams or shafts of direct sunlight radiating down from openings at the top of the canyon are much more common in Upper than in Lower. Beams occur most often in the summer months, as they require the sun to be high in the sky. Winter colors are more muted. Summer months provide two types of lighting. Light beams start to peek into the canyon March 20 and disappear October 7 each year.

• Lower Antelope Canyon has been given the nickname “The Corkscrew” while the Navajo term referencing it is Hazdistazí for “spiral rock arches.”

• Lower Antelope Canyon is located a few miles from Upper Antelope. This canyon is a little shallower than Upper Antelope Canyon and the famous light beams do not occur there as often as in the other.

Event Details

Server: Expert Server

Aircraft: American Airlines A320 | A321 | B738

Spawn time KPHX: 2020-05-16T22:45:00Z
Take off time at KPHX: 2020-05-16T23:00:00Z

Approx. Flight time: ~ 1:20
Speed and Altitude: M0.78 @ FL340

Route: Phoenix (KPHX) ✈︎ Salt Lake City (KSLC)

Airport Diagrams:

Phoenix (KPHX)

Salt Lake City (KSLC)

Notice to Air Men:

• This event is open to all IFC members.

• Attendees are asked to spawn in at least in 10-15 minutes before the scheduled departure time.

• Pilots are expected to conduct themselves professionally at all times

• All guests are asked to use the flight plans provided in the Event details section of this thread in order to ensure proper spacing and maximize realism.

• Prior to spawning in, please be sure to double-check your assigned gate

• We are not responsible about ghosts and violations.

• Maximum taxi speed on the ground is 20kts on straightaways, 12kts on turns.

• Contact @Mstical if you have any issues or doubts.

• Most importantly, have fun during the event and enjoy your flight!

Gates

KPHX Gates
Gate Attendee Callsign Aircraft
Gate TBD @Luke_Sta AAVA212 A320
Gate TBD @Auzzy20 AAVA1701 B738
Gate TBD @Harold_Hoeg AAVA199 B738
Gate TBD @Smax AAVA857 B738
Gate TBD @Gabriel_Gava AAVA116 B738
Gate TBD @Kevinsoto1502 AAVA232 B738
Gate TBD @ArgenysFernandez948 AAVA948 B738
Gate TBD @Adrian_Lostaunau AAVA247 A320
Gate TBD @MKhky30 AAVA153 A321
Gate TBD @Luke_Truicko AAVA1298 B738
Gate TBD @Cannoli928 AAVA928 A320
Gate TBD @avChes AAVA702 A320
Gate TBD @ktaviation AAVA 4 A321
Gate TBD @Esaacc999 AAVA5 A320
Gate TBD @Dendenawesome_14 AAVA2005 A321
Gate A18 @anon79257371 AAL3220 A320
Gate A19 @ORD777flyer American 499 A320
Gate A20 @PocketRishi AA4300 A320
Gate A21 @kk.aviation AAL606 B738
Gate A22 @RoBroStar American429 B738
Gate A23 @CaptainZac American 1523 A321
Gate A24
Gate A25
Gate A26
Gate A27
Gate A29
Gate A30

Note: More gates will be added if needed.

Partnerships

Welcome to American Virtual

Website | Apply | Instagram

Welcome to American Virtual, where we strive to maintain the perfect balance between a professional and friendly environment. In our ranks, there are real world student pilots, commercial pilots and everything in between. Our slack is also laden with IFATC members, IFAE pilots and IFVARB members thus making it the optimal learning experience. We inculcate integrity, discipline and knowledge into our pilots, as we honor our slogan- Going For Great. We offer one of the most comprehensive route databases in the virtual airline community. That, coupled with our diverse fleet of 13 aircrafts and a manifold of liveries, you will not be bored.

Thanks for @Dylan_Bright, @Esaacc999, and for @Jeffrey1o2 for the tremendous help in getting this event organized and planned, and for the partnership with AAVA, amazing work guys!

To sign up, please leave your Gate, Call sign, Aircraft, and your favorite Video Game 🎮!

See You There Folks!

14 Likes

Hey! Can I get gate A18 on an American A320?

1 Like

You are signed up!

Just to make sure, the flight will be from Phoenix to Salt Lake City. And I’ll need your Callsign @anon79257371

1 Like

I’ll take a gate! AAVA212

2 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t see that, I’m pretty tired 😂

Also, my callsign will be American 3220 @Omar_Alqinneh

1 Like

Hey @Luke_Sta!

Thanks for signing up, do you have a preferred aircraft?

@anon79257371 You’re signed up too! Thanks for signing up.

2 Likes

I’ll take the American A320, please!

1 Like

You’re signed up!

Hope you’ll like the event Luke!

@Luke_Sta

1 Like

Can I have Gate A13 for AAVA4 please? A321 🤙🏻

Great event! Thanks for creating!

1 Like

You are signed up! @ktaviation

Hope you’ll have fun!

1 Like

May I have A14 as AAVA5 please? A320.
Thanks so much for hosting!

1 Like

You’re signed up!

Thanks for signing up @Esaacc999!

My pleasure 🙂.

1 Like

Hello may I take A12 as AAVA702 please? I will be flying the A320.

Thanks for hosting this event!

1 Like

I’ll take any gate on an A320

1 Like

You’re both signed up!

Thanks for signing up! @avChes | @ORD777flyer (I need your callsign)

American 1499

1 Like

Can I get gate A11? AAVA928 A320

1 Like

Could I please have a gate? I’ll be flying an AA A320? I’ll use the call sign AA4300 if it’s okay.

1 Like

You’re signed up!

Thanks for signing up! @Cannoli928 @PocketRishi

For Pocket Rishi: I am a big fan of your videos! Keep up the amazing work 👏.

2 Likes

I’ll take gate A12, AAVA1701, with a 737-800 please

1 Like