16 tips for a long haul flight, especially....

…number 16

3 Likes

Number 6 doesn’t work, they don’t let you bring empty bottles through security here.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s silly…pretty sure that I save a couple hundred dollars a year by not buying bottled water at airport prices (I then spend the savings on beer at airport prices, but that’s beside the point).

3 Likes

You do know why they ban it, right?

1 Like

Why would an empty bottle be banned (assuming it’s not a glass bottle)? They aren’t banned at LHR.

1 Like

Well I guess they’re more vigilant than usual especially with all those attacks nowadays

That’s what I think

2 Likes

I appreciate that, but why do you think an empty bottle would not be allowed through security? You seem to suggest that you know reasons why when you said “You do know why they ban it, right?”.

The vigilance is to stopped prohibited items but an empty bottle doesn’t appear to be a prohibited item.

2 Likes

I’d refrain from arguing with you.

It’s just my opinion.

1 Like

Sorry, I am not trying to start an argument - I am politely asking a question.

You seem to think there is a reason they should be prohibited and I am just trying to find out why? In your opinion why should empty bottles be prohibited items?

2 Likes

Ok here in Ireland and indeed every airport I have been to excluding Schipol they do not allow you to bring on empty containers over 100ml bottles included (plastic or otherwise) I don’t know why, I’m just stating the facts.

1 Like

LOL! Number 4…

I trained legs prior to my 9 hour flight Poland. Needless to say, I had a fun time getting out of my seat.

1 Like

Hidden tip number 17:

Bring your device and play infinite flight while on the plane/ try to recreate your flight. Time will go by much faster.

4 Likes

How odd. Empty bottles are not listed on the DUB airport site

https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/passenger-information/airport-security/hand-baggage

In fact DUB twitter have said empty bottles are allowed

3 Likes

I’ve brought empty bottles many times through security, including recently. I don’t see a reason why it would be banned.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve bought bottles on board plenty of times and for long flights I’ve had them refill my water bottle. When I was in PDX, absolutely love the airport and the TSA there are legitimately nice people most of the time, I actually got complimented for the logo on my water bottle by security.

1 Like

Welp their employees clearly haven’t read any instructions I’ve had to give up a good reusable plastic bottle before now, that’s about £5 down the drain.

EDIT: Perhaps they were against the fact that my bottle wasn’t clear? I don’t know, all I know is I’d prefer to go thirsty on my upcoming flights than waste another fiver.

1 Like

Well, this water bottle issue sounds weird to me. Aren’t you served water as part of your meal/snack on board? Here in South Africa, we have a choice of bottled purified water as part of a snack or beverage. You can ask for water whenever you want.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.