15JAN22 / 1700Z - Challenging Approach Series #1 - Santos Dumont Fly-In @ SBRJ

Yikes I overran the runway

2 Likes

Hello! I’ll be coming to watch now

1 Like

Parked at gate 2! now I will planespot

1 Like

Sounds good! I’ll be working on part #2 of this series, be on the lookout for it to be posted later today.

2 Likes

I hope someone’s recording this event, it’ll be cool to watch! Just wanna share my thoughts about SBRJ:

• That feeling when you finally spotted the tiny beach in the distance, where you’ll make that sharp turn? The beauty of that scenery - priceless!
  • I can confirm that this is one of the most hardest landing ever. I kid you not. I can handle PARO, I can handle KDCA, but I’ve always died on the shores of Rio!
1 Like

I’m glad you enjoyed!

1 Like

I was way to fast and when I say way I mean WAY too fast. I think this is one of the only airports where I have to use parking brakes to slow down instead of the rudder brakes.

1 Like

noo my battery ran out and i didnt notice

1 Like

nice landing @MacGyver

1 Like

It’s all good, thanks for attending!

1 Like

Nice landing @Usalypd

Thank you!

1 Like

Well that wraps it up for this event, thanks so much for attending! It was fun to see you all landing, and sorry for not being able to be there for some of it. Be on the lookout for my next one, and also join my Frankfurt flyout if you haven’t yet!

1 Like

No, not really but thank you for the compliment, and thanks for hosting this event and introducing me to this tricky approach.

and thanks so much to @JSRibs28 for providing ATC for this event! :)

2 Likes

Glad to help out! :)

1 Like