15AUG20 / 1600Z, 1800Z - French Island of Corsica: Ajaccio Fly-Out @ LFKJ

icon Ajaccio, the Imperial City

Ajaccio - a leisurely and picturesque townlet - is situated in a bay in the southwest of the Mediterranean island Corsica. As the island’s main town, Ajaccio stands out due to its sophistication, cosmopolitan lifestyle, and Frenchness. The seaside resort offers impressive landscapes, where mountains, cliffs, idyllic beaches, and reddish creeks blend into each other. In recent years the island has changed its image from being known for campsites towards the carriage trade as a hot spot among the international jet set. Napoleon Bonaparte, Ajaccio’s most famous inhabitant, yet makes itself felt with statues and street names spread all over the town, including the airport’s name, making it the imperial city.

icons8-airplane-take-off-64 Napoleon Bonaparte Airport

Wedged between the heights of the Corsican mountains and the sandy shore of Ajaccio’s gulf, the airport’s scenery is worth joining Infinite Flight’s first-ever event on the island of Corsica by itself. Among the challenging landscape construction workers yet found a way to build the island’s largest airport, presenting an almost 8000 feet long runway aligned in direction 02/20, on which even Boeing 747s have landed. Over the past few years, the passenger numbers have risen steeply, making Napoleon Bonaparte airport the island’s main gateway and an essential factor of the region’s economy.

icon Event Specifics

ICAO - LFKJ
Date and time
First Wave - 2020-08-15T16:00:00Z (sold out)
Second Wave - 2020-08-15T18:00:00Z (taking reservations)
Server - Expert Server
IFATC - Provided by Francesco

icon Commercial Flights

Whether you are looking for a metropole with cosmopolitan city flair or a relaxing weekend at the French or Portuguese coast, the catalog of destinations offers something for everyone. Pilots operating commercial flights are expected to sign up for gates 01-10. Due to an observed lack of interest in using the Sécurité Civile’s aircraft in Infinite Flight, the organization’s parking lots (referred to as CS gates) will be open for sign-ups of commercial pilots once the above-mentioned gates are fully booked (see gate reservations). Excluded from parking at the CS gates are all aircraft with a wingspan greater than 34,32 m (112 ft 7 in), which concerns the following event-relevant airliners: Airbus A319/20/21.

We would like to point out that Air Corsica and Air France, including Air France Hop, liaise closely with each other, and frequently operate each other’s routes to or from Corsica. As of yet, the livery of Air Corsica is not available in Infinite Flight, which requires the use of Air France’s aircraft in order to maintain the airline’s route network. As stated above, aircraft changes between the two airlines are standard practice; thus do not affect the realism of this event in any way. Additionally, as well for other airlines, a few minor aircraft changes have been made to accommodate Infinite Flight’s liveries.

View all commercial flights
ICAO Destination Airline Aircraft FlightAware¹ Booking Status
EHAM Amsterdam Transavia B738 click here booked (view gate reservations)
LFSB Basel easyJet A320 click here booked (view gate reservations)
LFKB Bastia TUI B737 click here available for booking
EDDT Berlin easyJet A319 not listed booked (view gate reservations)
LFBD Bordeaux Air France A319 click here booked (view gate reservations)
LFBD Bordeaux easyJet A320 not listed available for booking
LFSL Brive-la-Gaillarde Air France CRJX click here booked (view gate reservations)
EBBR Brussels Brussels Airlines A319 click here booked (view gate reservations)
EBBR Brussels TUI B737 click here booked (view gate reservations)
EBCI Brussels-BSC Air France A320 click here available for booking
LFRK Caen Air France CRJX click here booked (view gate reservations)
LFLC Clermont-Ferrand Air France Hop CRJ7 not listed booked (view gate reservations)
LSGG Geneva Swiss A319 click here booked (view gate reservations)
LSGG Geneva easyJet A320 click here booked (view gate reservations)
LFQQ Lille Air France A319 not listed available for booking
EGKK London-Gatwick easyJet A319 click here available for booking
EGSS London-Stansted Air France A320 not listed available for booking
ELLX Luxemburg Luxair B737 click here booked (view gate reservations)
LFLL Lyon Air France CRJX click here available for booking
LFLL Lyon easyJet A320 click here available for booking
LFML Marseille Air France A320 click here booked (view gate reservations)
LFRS Nantes Air France A319 click here available for booking
LFJL Metz-Nancy Air France CRJX not listed available for booking
LFMN Nice Air France Hop CRJ7 click here booked (view gate reservations)
ENGM Oslo Norwegian Air Shuttle B738 click here available for booking
LFPG Paris-CDG Air France A319 not listed available for booking
LFPG Paris-CDG easyJet A320 click here booked (view gate reservations)
LFPO Paris-Orly Air France A319 click here available for booking
LFBP Pau Air France CRJX not listed booked (view gate reservations)
LPPR Porto Air France A320 click here booked (view gate reservations)
LFRN Rennes Air France A319 click here available for booking
LIRF Rome Alitalia A321 click here booked (view gate reservations)
LFST Strasbourg Air France CRJX not listed available for booking
LFBO Toulouse Air France A320 click here available for booking
LFTH Toulon Air France Hop CRJ7 not listed booked (view gate reservations)

Reference note 1 - By accessing the FlightAware link of a specific flight, you will receive useful information regarding the latest real-life version of the flight, including it’s flight number, a map with the aircraft’s track, and documentation of altitude and speed throughout the entire journey, which may help you with creating your flight plan as well as determining your flight plan and cruising altitude.

All commercial routes at a glance - the visualized map. Scroll and zoom around the map to receive a closer look at all destinations. Tap on any airport icon in order to view the destination’s name, the airline and aircraft operating the specific route, as well as the current booking status of the flight. Please note that the route to ENGM - Oslo is not visible on the map. The same information can be found in the standard, written version above.

icon General and Business Aviation

“Go where others can’t” by reserving one of Ajaccio’s sought-after aircraft stands dedicated to general and business aviation, allowing you to travel to a wide variety of exclusive airports at your discretion. With the above-described ongoing processes of changing the city’s image, the demand for private air travel at Napoleon Bonaparte airport increased drastically in the course of recent years. Ajaccio’s general aviation sector features two types of parking stands: S stands, and GA stands. In real life, S stands belong to the flight school and are meant for small propeller aircraft (maximum Daher TBM 930 or Cessna 208 Caravan), whereas aircraft up to Cessna Citation X may park at GA stands (see gate reservations).

icon Gate Reservations

Due to the community’s interest, resulting in a fully booked event, we have organized an additional gathering, a second wave, to give every pilot the possibility to take part in this unique Fly-Out. All procedures and rules defined in the event thread are valid for both waves. Sign-ups are now open for pilots wishing to make a reservation for the second wave.

Commercial Flights - Wave 1 (sold out)
Aircraft Stand ICAO Destination Airline Aircraft Claim
Gate 01 EBBR Brussels Brussels Airlines A319 @yoshi_flyer
Gate 02 EDDT Berlin easyJet A319 @JarrettFlies
Gate 03 LFTH Toulon Air France Hop CRJ7 @lucaviness
Gate 04 LFBD Bordeaux Air France A319 @Manav_Suri
Gate 05 LFML Marseille Air France A320 @Alexian61
Gate 06 LPPR Porto Air France A320 @Lufthansa2
Gate 07 LFSB Basel easyJet A320 @Leah
Gate 08 LFPG Paris-CDG easyJet A320 @AviatorNikola
Gate 09 LFBP Pau Air France CRJX @Voyager456
Gate 10 EBBR Brussels TUI B737 @JayIOM
CS 01 LFSL Brive-la-Gaillarde Air France CRJX @dca.iad.aviation
CS 02 EHAM Amsterdam Transavia B738 @F1PlayBG
CS 03 LFMN Nice Air France Hop CRJ7 @Embraer001
CS 04 LFRK Caen Air France CRJX @sam.dus
Commercial Flights - Wave 2
Aircraft Stand ICAO Destination Airline Aircraft Claim
Gate 01 LIRF Rome Alitalia A321 @AliAlex
Gate 02 LIRF Rome Alitalia A321 @Ivan0921
Gate 03 LSGG Geneva Swiss A319 @Rocco
Gate 04 ELLX Luxemburg Luxair B737 @Catpain_Kaputt
Gate 05 LSGG Geneva easyJet A320 @Will_A
Gate 06 LFLC Clermont-Ferrand Air France Hop CRJ7 @Addaick
Gate 07
Gate 08
Gate 09
Gate 10
CS 01
CS 02
CS 03
CS 04

As we experiment with new event techniques, for this event, we do not offer any gates with pre-assigned destinations. With only 14 commercial gates and over 35 routes to choose from, we decided to let our clients pick their favorite destination without having to limit themselves due to the airport’s characteristics. To sign up, straightforward quote an available flight of your choice, which can be found under ‘View all commercial flights’ and add your preferred gate (see also commercial flights above). In case you have not requested a specific gate, we will automatically assign one to you.

General and Business Aviation - Wave 1 (sold out)
Aircraft Stand ICAO Destination Aircraft Claim
GA 01 LSZA Lugano CRJ2 @Rocco
GA 02 EGLF Farnborough CCX @James_Harvey
GA 03 LSGS Sion TBM9 @United2
GA 04 LIEE Cagliari CCX @Ivan0921
GA 05 CYQB Québec CCX @ThomasThePro
GA 06 LIEO Olbia CCX @NathanD
GA 07 LWSK Skopje CCX @GameBoy_KIRB
GA 08 LFMN Nice CCX @MJP_27
S01 LIPV Venice-Lido TBM9 @Aceorbit
S02 LFMN Nice TBM9 @DanVenezuela
S03 LSGS Sion TBM9 @TaipeiGuru
S04 LIPB Bolzano TBM9 @Philippe_Gilbert
Cargo 1 VHHX Kai Tak MD11 @niks.goen
General and Business Aviation - Wave 2
Aircraft Stand ICAO Destination Aircraft Claim
GA 01
GA 02
GA 03
GA 04
GA 05
GA 06
GA 07
GA 08
S01 LFCR Rodez TBM9 @FLY_BOII31
S02 VFR N/A C172 @Inside_Flight
S03
S04

Destination, aircraft, and parking lot are up to each to decide to allow our clients to maintain their high standard (see general and business aviation above). Our team’s recommendations: Andorra (LESU), Bolzano (LIPB), Ibiza (LEIB), Isle of Man (EGNS), London City (EGLC), Lugano (LSZA), Marrakech (GMMX), Munich Oberpfaffenhofen (EDMO), Mykonos (LGMK), Olbia (LIEO), Paris Le Bourget (LFPB), Salzburg (LOWS), St. Tropez (LFTZ).

icon Flight Planning

Due to the small number of SIDs the airport has to offer, we do not require pilots to limit themselves by pre-selected departure routes. Before starting your engines, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with your selected SID and the airport’s procedures, which can be found in the attachment below (official charts of the French government). Click here if you wish to view a quick overview of all departure routes.

icon Personal Reminder

48 hours prior to departure every signed-up pilot will receive a private message updating them with relevant information, including their flight details as well as a summary of important points. For communication purposes, all event attendees as well as the controller will be added to a group chat one hour before the event. In case you have any concerns in advance please address them to this account.

After placing a reservation by replying to this thread, the confirmation of your booking may take up to 24 hours. If you wish to modify or cancel your booking, please notify us as soon as possible. Despite our best efforts, we cannot guarantee that your spawn point will remain unused by other players. Placing of aircraft at gate 11 must be considered as strictly prohibited during the event due to lack of space. We assume no liability, obligation, or responsibility for any violations received throughout the event. We advise you to follow the Event Etiquette For Pilots at all times. Please do not hesitate in contacting us if any uncertainty occurs.

Thread Information

Photo Credit: Airliner, Landscape, Icons.
Certain designs concerning the thread layout have been applied and refined with permission from Alexander Nikitin.
A big thank you to Francesco, who assisted me to arrange this spectacular event.

20190509_204439 | 20190509_204401 | 20191026_145327 | 20190509_204510

20 Likes

Might sign up closer to the event, looks like a fun one!

1 Like

Now that, is an organized and well thought out event. Nicely done! I’ll take the Brussels Airlines to EBBR. Thank you!

1 Like

Looks like a great event! Your thread is very well-formatted and organized. I’ll take this GA gate please, can’t wait!

1 Like

Ajaccio, what a beautiful island! I am very excited to see someone hosting a flyout here! I will take an Air Berlin flight up to Berlin!

My bad! I should read more carefully! EasyJet will work beautifully

1 Like

@yoshi_flyer Thank you very much, we invested a lot of time and work into this project. Your booking has been confirmed for gate 01.

@lucaviness We are very pleased to hear! Certainly, you can reserve GA 01. Which destination and aircraft would you like to book?

@JarrettFlies We are as well! Your booking has been confirmed for gate 02.

2 Likes

This event looks Amazing. I’m definitely signing up. I’m deciding witch route I will choose

1 Like

I’ll take any GA gate with a TBM to LFMN please. I am so excited!!

1 Like

I’ll actually switch to this one, rather than the GA flight. Thanks!

1 Like

I’ll take this one, Rocco! Thanks 😄

1 Like

Can I have any gate with this flight?

1 Like

I’ll take this one. Thanks and see everyone there!

1 Like

I’d like to sign up for this one

1 Like

Flight to Paris with Easyjet please!

1 Like

Did I get signed up?

1 Like

Long Live Napoleon Bonaparte

1 Like

I’ll take this

1 Like

icon New Signups

@DanVenezuela Thank you very much! We’ve signed you up for GA 01.

@lucaviness Sure! We can confirm your booking for Gate 03.

@Manav_Suri It’s a pleasure having you! Gate 04 is reserved for you.

@Alexian61 Certainly! You have been booked for Gate 05.

@Lufthansa2 Excellent choice of destination! Gate 06 is waiting for you.

@Leah I would have chosen the same route! You’re booked for Gate 07.

@AviatorNikola Certainly! Gate 08 will be your parking lot.

@Voyager456 I really enjoy seeing people flying to less known places. Your CRJX is waiting for you at Gate 09.

3 Likes

Hi,
I will take
EBBR Brussels TUI B737 click here

1 Like

icon New Signup

@JayIOM Sure! Gate 10 is reserved for you.