Airport: Birmingham International Airport (EGBB)
Server: Expert Server
Notams: IFATC will be requested but not guaranteed
Birmingham Airport is used by a variety of carriers and is a great airport to host an event at. This event will give an insight of Birmingham’s routes to Europe, America and beyond.
The Elmdon apron is used for an occasional FedEx 757 from Manchester and Paris CDG. The attendees on this area along with the Monarch Hangar will receive special taxi instructions prior to spawn in.
Please scroll down to see the Gates, Destinations and Airlines and drop a reply to reserve your gate. Gates will be reserved on a First Come First Serve basis.
If the event receives a high demand, a second wave may be added.
Choose from some amazing routes from airlines including Ryanair, Tui and Flybe.
About Birmingham International Airport
Birmingham International Airport (IATA:BHX, ICAO:EGBB) is an international airport serving the West Midlands. On the outbreak of World War II, the airport was operated by the RAF and known as Raf Elmdon. The airport is located 7 nautical miles south of the city of Birmingham. Originally called Elmdon, the airport was renamed Birmingham International after an increase in holidays in the late 1980s. It mainly servers the Caribbean, North Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
In 2018, Birmingham was the 7th busiest airport in the UK. The 3rd busiest outside of London and 2nd in England. It transported around 12.5million passengers with around 112,000 aircraft movements. Both down from the previous year. Source - Wikipedia
Airlines that serve Birmingham include, Tui, Jet2, Emirates, Ryanair and the now defunct British regional airline Flybe.
Gates and Routes
We politely ask you to spawn in to the airport at you allocated gate at 1650z/17:50BST. Please ensure that you do spawn at the correct gate. If IFATC are active, follow all instructions at all time and most of all HAVE FUN!!
|20||Flybe||Dash-8||Isle of Man||EGNS||0:55||@anon77793723|
|60||Air France||A320||Paris CDG||LFPG||1:00||@FloAviation|
|Monarch Hangar 01||Oman Air||B787-8||Muscat||OOMS||7:00||TBA|
|Monarch Hangar 02||Air Austral||B787-8||Saint-Denis||FMEE||12:00||TBA|
|Stand 501||Private||Citation X||Abu Dhabi||OMAA||7:00||TBA|
Event Sponsor - Tui Virtual
TUI Virtual is excited for the opportunity to sponsor this exciting and amazing Fly Out from EGBB. Special thanks to our Director Of Flight Operations, Zak Plant, for all his hard work on this event. TUI Virtual is excited to be able to provide opportunities to all pilots throughout the IFC community, including those not affiliated with any VAs. Please join us for this, and other opportunities, to join us on a fun flight from a challenging airport. All are welcome to enjoy, with no strings attached. Click Here to Join Tui
Departure Information and Guidelines
Departure information will be updated and found here on the morning of the event and will be updated 1hr prior to the event in a pm.
- Please spawn at your assigned gate 10 minutes before departure
- Please only Pushback when the aircraft next you has began its taxi and is clear of you. Pushback in any order as long as you are clear of other aircraft
- If IFATC is active, follow all instructions, this could be enforced by ghosting. If IFATC is not active, you must announce all movements on UNICOM. I am not responsible for any violations received during this
- Flight plan should be made by the pilot, I personally recommend FplToIF
- Remain aware of surroundings at all times as the airport will be busy, do not cut in line, no intersection departures. Keep a safe distance with aircraft ahead whilst taxiing at all times!!
- Pilots may use SIDs, charts for the runway in use will be posted in the pm prior to the event.
- Take off after the aircraft in front reaches 2500 AGL
Look forward to seeing you all! Happy Flying! :)