13MAR21 / 1700Z - Celebrating 53th Independence Day @ FIMP

20210307_162422

Welcome to my first event. I’m glad that it will take place at my home airport and in addition to that there is the celebration of Mauritius Independence, could not be better!

March 12 commemorates the independence of Mauritius and also its accession to the status of Republic. A festive as well as solemn commemoration, it gives rise to the flag-raising ceremony, military parades and numerous cultural events throughout the country.

About the event

Server: Training
Type: FIMP Flyout
Aircraft: Airbus A350-900
Livery: Air Mauritius
Date/Time: 2021-03-13T17:00:00Z

Select any destination below (and optionally a gate) and spawn 10-15 minutes before the start of the event.

I decided to put the event on Saturday 13 March instead of Friday 12 March, as many of us may not be able to make it on friday.
Brief History about how Mauritius become an Independent state.

The movement for the sovereignty of the island (Mauritius was then under British rule) began in the middle of the 20th century, a new constitution was adopted in 1947 and a new legislature the following year.

Seewoosagur Ramgoolam, a well-respected Mauritian politician (who later became Chief Minister and the first Prime Minister of Mauritius and later Governor General), led the negotiations for full political independence from the British Crown in the 1960s. In the 1967 elections, his efforts were rewarded by the pro-independence alliance which won the election. This led to the introduction of a new constitution which allowed internal autonomy. Mauritius became an independent state and joined the Commonwealth on 12 March 1968.

Airport Informations (Include recommend SIDs)

Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport (IATA: MRU , ICAO: FIMP ) is the main and only international airport in Mauritius. The airport has direct flights to several destinations in Africa, Asia, Europe and is home to the country’s national airline Air Mauritius.

20210307_163235

SIDs

North: UTIVA1
North-North East: UDMED1
East: OSKAR1
South West: IBSIS1
West: SOBAT1
North West: TIBAG1

Other Useful Info
  • Only one runway available, it is RW14/32 and RW14 is used for take off and landing in real life except if the wind changes direction.

• Elevation: 183ft

• Runway: Asphalt 11072x147ft, back taxi available for take off at RW14 (Rarely use though, even the A380 Emirates can take off without back taxiing)

• No. of gates (compatible to the A359): 10

Destinations
Destination City Destination Country ICAO Estimated Flight Time
Saint Denis Reunion FMEE 45mins
Antananarivo Madagascar FMMI 1h50mins
Mahé Island Seychelles FSIA 2h30mins
Dar se Salaam Tanzania HTDA 3h40mins
Nairobi Kenya HKJK 4h10mins
Johannesburg South Africa FAOR 4h15mins
Durban South Africa FALE 5h45mins
Bangalore India VOBL 5h50mins
Cape Town South Africa FACT 6h
Mumbai India VABB 6h10mins
Perth Australia YPPH 6h30mins
Changi Singapore WSSS 7h10mins
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia WMKK 7h30mins
Delhi India VIDP 7h30mins
Chennai India VOMM 7h40mins
Hong Kong China VHHH 9h45mins
Shanghai China ZSPD 11h25mins
Geneva Switzerland LSGG 11h35mins
Paris France LFPG 12h10mins
London England EGLL 12h35mins

Assigned Gate
Gate No. Destination ICAO Pilot
07 FMEE @Ahmed1
08 FMEE @Fung_Sum-sum
09 EGLL @zion89
10 FMMI @Deathsix
11 FMEE @ECOFRIENDLY_TIME
Hangar EGLL @Julien_Narayanasawmy

Additional Info:

• If you are interested in participating, simply tell which ICAO destination you want and optionally a gate.
  • If the gates are all full, I can consider to put a second wave at 2021-03-13T17:15:00Z
  • A group PM will be created at least 24h before the start of the event.
  • I will be in-flight 5 minutes before the start of the event, and will perform a low pass-by over RW 14 at 1705Z (5 minutes after the start of the event), just to showcase the Mauritius Flag in the air. Then, everyone can departure as I go around and head to London for my flight!
  • If you need help to make a realistic flight plan or any other help, I’m here if ever needed. Also, if you have any questions, do not hesitate, I will do my best to reply as fast as can.
5 Likes

May I take this one? Im just unsure about how much time I might have that day though
I’ll take gate 7, in an Air Mauritius A350 pls (I just love the A350)

1 Like

that looks interesting… may I get it?

1 Like

its WMKK btw.

I literally just took it

2 Likes

Ohh… yeah I notice… thank you

That’s not a problem, anyone can choose any destination.

@Ahmed1 and @Fung_Sum-sum you have a both been assigned a gate… wish you a good and pleasant flight to Reunion Island

Can I have this gate

1 Like

Yeah… you have been assigned to gate 09… wish you a nice flight to london😉

1 Like

Thank you @Julien_Narayanasawmy

1 Like

I’d love to join, may I have a flight to Antananarivo Madagascar FMMI 1h50mins please.

1 Like

Hello @Deathsix, wish you a wonderful flight to Madagascar. You have been assigned gate 10. See you!

1 Like

Thank you, wish you a wonderful flight as well, See you there!

1 Like

Thank you… I haven’t decided yet to where I will fly though… I’m hesitating between Paris, London or Singapore! Lol

1 Like

Lol, I’m the same way sometimes. Honestly the airport in paris is amazing. Haven’t been to Singapore yet…

1 Like

May I have a gate to FMEE cause I got the Stansted event on the same day unfortunately otherwise I would’ve gone to LSZH but sign me up for FMEE.

1 Like

Thank you for signing up @ECOFRIENDLY_TIME, you have gate 11, wish you a nice flight to Reunion Island and a wonderful moment at Stansted afterwards.

1 Like

Thank you and see ya there. :)

1 Like

After long reflection I will fly to London… ;)

1 Like