Welcome to my first event. I’m glad that it will take place at my home airport and in addition to that there is the celebration of Mauritius Independence, could not be better!
March 12 commemorates the independence of Mauritius and also its accession to the status of Republic. A festive as well as solemn commemoration, it gives rise to the flag-raising ceremony, military parades and numerous cultural events throughout the country.
About the event
Type: FIMP Flyout
Aircraft: Airbus A350-900
Livery: Air Mauritius
Select any destination below (and optionally a gate) and spawn 10-15 minutes before the start of the event.
I decided to put the event on Saturday 13 March instead of Friday 12 March, as many of us may not be able to make it on friday.
Brief History about how Mauritius become an Independent state.
The movement for the sovereignty of the island (Mauritius was then under British rule) began in the middle of the 20th century, a new constitution was adopted in 1947 and a new legislature the following year.
Seewoosagur Ramgoolam, a well-respected Mauritian politician (who later became Chief Minister and the first Prime Minister of Mauritius and later Governor General), led the negotiations for full political independence from the British Crown in the 1960s. In the 1967 elections, his efforts were rewarded by the pro-independence alliance which won the election. This led to the introduction of a new constitution which allowed internal autonomy. Mauritius became an independent state and joined the Commonwealth on 12 March 1968.
Airport Informations (Include recommend SIDs)
Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport (IATA: MRU , ICAO: FIMP ) is the main and only international airport in Mauritius. The airport has direct flights to several destinations in Africa, Asia, Europe and is home to the country’s national airline Air Mauritius.
North-North East: UDMED1
South West: IBSIS1
North West: TIBAG1
Other Useful Info
Only one runway available, it is RW14/32 and RW14 is used for take off and landing in real life except if the wind changes direction.
Runway: Asphalt 11072x147ft, back taxi available for take off at RW14 (Rarely use though, even the A380 Emirates can take off without back taxiing)
No. of gates (compatible to the A359): 10
|Destination City||Destination Country||ICAO||Estimated Flight Time|
|Dar se Salaam||Tanzania||HTDA||3h40mins|
|Cape Town||South Africa||FACT||6h|
- If you are interested in participating, simply tell which ICAO destination you want and optionally a gate.
- If the gates are all full, I can consider to put a second wave at 2021-03-13T17:15:00Z
- A group PM will be created at least 24h before the start of the event.
- I will be in-flight 5 minutes before the start of the event, and will perform a low pass-by over RW 14 at 1705Z (5 minutes after the start of the event), just to showcase the Mauritius Flag in the air. Then, everyone can departure as I go around and head to London for my flight!
- If you need help to make a realistic flight plan or any other help, I’m here if ever needed. Also, if you have any questions, do not hesitate, I will do my best to reply as fast as can.