11SEP20 / 0600Z - Friday Night Flight: ABC Islands @ TNCA/TNCB/TNCC

We continue the island theme from last week’s event by heading to the hidden gems that are the ABC islands. Made up of Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao, these islands form the very southern edge of the Caribbean and are located far closer to South America than to the rest of the Caribbean islands.

The islands have a diverse heritage, and the ABC islands, also known as part of the Leeward Antilles, form part of the famous West Indies area. The airports in this region are small and single-runway airports, so all three airports will act as the hub this week. Please be aware that if one airport is over capacity you may be diverted by IFATC to one of the other three if suitable.

Routes this week will be based in the surrounding area, with one long haul established route from EHAM that covers all hub airports. IFATC will not be active at EHAM.

Which of the ABC islands is the largest??

• Aruba
  • Bonaire
  • Curaçao

0 voters

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #fridaynightflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Specifics

Server: Any
Aircraft: Any
Livery: Any

Begin - Friday 11th September @ 06:00 ZULU

End - Saturday 12th September @ 06:00 ZULU

September 11, 2020September 12, 2020

Airports

TNCA Aruba HUB
TNCC Willemstad HUB
TNCB Bonaire HUB

SKCG Barranquilla
SMJP Paramaribo
MDPC Punta Cana
MKJS Montego Bay
TTPP Port of Spain
SKRG Medellin
SKRH Riohacha

NOTAMs VFR permitted at ATC discretion. Pattern work at ATC discretion. Diversions are possible. Tower may act as ground at TNCB/TNCC.

Established Routes

EHAM - Hub Airports
EHAM GORLO REFSO XAMAN LOGAN TRIPO SABER LIVSU MANGO BRASO WESUL LAM CPT KENET GAVGO DIKAS EVRIN AMTTO PPR DUNTA PELMA ITEGO DABAM HENRY TNCA

TNCC - TTPP
TNCC BELLO GAVAL LRS TOROP KOMPU SIRAS MTA MTA ESNAP MEGIR TTPP

SMJP - TNCC
SMJP ZY GEBON TIM PANAX AKROK MUN BNA CBC MIQ ATONO AVELO TNCC

TNCA - SKRG
TNCA CAUCA MAU GIDOX SIGAB EKERI STB ENPUT CUC EJA DIPRA SKRG

87 Likes

Awesome! Looks like a fun FNF

4 Likes

This looks like an amazing Friday Night Flight!!

1 Like

Awesome FNF Misha!

1 Like

Aruba, yes! Thank you Misha! This will be a blast to fly in/out of and a blast to control!

2 Likes

Great FNF!
Btw, when will the next Whacky Racing be?

1 Like

Great choice Misha! This will be a fun FNF

1 Like

Hey pilots! I would like to make a special request: I know that most of the pilots fly to the fuller airports, and I know you can fly wherever you want, but most of you probably remember what happened in NTAA some weeks ago. From the 3 hub airports, Curaçao (TNCC) is the largest, and the only one that doesn’t contain a backtaxi. So when planning your overnights to the islands, to avoid delays, if everyone wants to go to the same airport, as normally happens, going to TNCC is the most proper one!
But remember this is only a recommendation and if you wanna go to the other airports obviously you can!

13 Likes

OK, I dig it. I’ve been to all of these islands in real life many times and they are SO beautiful looking forward to some scenic beach island approaches!

2 Likes

Nice to see my home airport (TNCC) for FNF!

2 Likes

Cool FNF! AUA is one of my favorite airports!

Uh oh, looks like people are going to bring their heavies in.

3 Likes

I mean the 787 is kinda fine (only the -9, -8 version)

1 Like

But probably many KLM A350s (I know they don’t exist irl) and 777-200ER will also come.

Omg omg omg, thanks so much
TNCB is featured🤩
Thank you so so so much

3 Likes

Look awesome😊😊

Great FNF Misha! Can’t wait to control tomorrow!

This just screams KLM from Amsterdam to me!! 🤩🤩

Can’t wait!

3 Likes

Up until recently the KLM 747 visited TNCC daily, but all the airports are able to handle (a limited amount of) the Queen of the skies.

2 Likes